Boss monsters and their skills - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Boss monsters and their skills

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Been farming the bosses in eldeon for a while, and this is something I noticed after some time, but when a boss monster has a skill (some don't and only use normal attacks as a result), it seems to spam this very same skill over and over and over..

Going to give an example of this. The bone spider king, queen kera and the moss golem share the same skill: AoE stun. This is probably the most annoying skill and also the most annoying bosses in the game, as they tend to use this skill every 5 seconds, with a 3 second duration it leaves you able to do anything for only 40% of the entire time. Given you also have to start attacking/switch to cleric to heal up, you can only attack so much as 20% of the time. If you're unlucky, it can stun several consecutive times, which has no counterplay as you get stunned before you even have the chance to fight back/heal up.

Another very obnoxious one would be the devourer king. This big guy dispells, and seems to only know how to dispell. Quite often it doesn't even attack, it just takes all your buffs away, and tries to dispell, even when you have no buffs to be taken away. You can try to buff up with your support cleric, but he'll just go about dispelling as soon as you're done (sometimes not even that, he can dispell while you're still buffing). Might as well change it to an aura that disables buffs, then you wouldn't at least have to bother attempting to buff up again.

So I just wonder, what's the point of it spamming the very same skill time and time again? Dispells, mutes, sleeps and stuns are ofcourse hard crowd control skills, and they're supposed to make things more difficult, but having it stun/sleep/mute you endlessly isn't the way to go.

They should have the ability to use skills, but it should be more of a "Gotta watch out that my HP doesn't drop too low, or he might use his stun/sleep/mute and that'd be the death of me," not "Oh I got stunned again, let me just heal up once the duration is over and get a few hits in before he stuns me again."

So, long story short, boss monster skills that have a disabling effect (especially AoE ones) should have a proper cooldown to go with their effect, to make the outright obnoxious spamming of skills impossible.

I'm aware this would make bosses easier, so in return bosses should have more status downs (like a high def/mdef, crit, aspd down or whatever). Has any cleric ever felt the need to actually purify something other than mute/sleep/burn/bleed? I don't, for one.

#2 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Do you happen to do a lot of Critical attacks to them?

#3 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Sometimes, depends on the boss. Some of them I almost never crit on, while others I crit practically all the time.

#4 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

I know the Moss Golem tends to only do the attack after I crit it.

I don't really fight Kera so no idea there.

#5 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

Even so, I agree with Jerremy on this. We have cooldowns to our skills, plus we have to make sure we have enough mp. But the mobs seem able to endlessly skill time after time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users