Dragonica (Dragon Saga) EU closing down - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragonica (Dragon Saga) EU closing down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#26 Imhorny

Imhorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

LOL, I played this game when it was THQ'ICE dragonica and remember rouges were OP. Is this game going down hill with less player base, again? If i remember correctly, you need players to que in for dungeons, and most of the time you can't since no one is queing for dungeons. Boss could be glitched whole party goes to a corner, while 1 player does something.

#27 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Well, I can inform you that with all the confidence I have and the information I was told.. there are no plans to close the servers for Dragon Saga(us) anytime soon or in the near future.

Shazam, are you able to replace the words "anytime soon" and "in the near future" with any sort of concretely timespan? 

Because both terms are relative. "Not anytime soon", can mean not tomorrow up to not next week, or next month..... And "not in the near future" can mean not in a month, not in 6 month, or not in a year.......

I know I'm bothering you and I'm sorry for that, but my Dragonica/Dragon Saga experiences the last year weren't  positive at all. In fact it was rather shocking. 

So, I'm sorry but I just had to ask. 

#28 Ormmos

Ormmos

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Best mistake ever , to have closed Dragon saga in EU ......; the biggest market they could have

Edited by Ormmos, 20 March 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#29 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

There is nothing to indicate that our Servers would close recently or in the upcoming months. 

#30 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

Thanks so much for your answer. :)

(And much thanks to all people in game that gave us "migrates" such a warm welcome ).

#31 Ormmos

Ormmos

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

just hope  they can transfer our character on dragon saga NA

#32 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

I wouldn't put too high hopes in having them transfer your characters.

The reason why is that gpotato is a multigame publisher that means it has a much bigger incentive to convert any exsisting players to other games in their games profile usually buy offering some sort of Item Mall point bonus if you are an old player of x and you start a new account in y.

Likewise, Dragon Saga is not cash cow in Warpportal's portfolio so Warpportal does not have the incentive to purchase the database. 

Start over.

It's not hard, it's actually rather fun if you do it together because there are lots of people who are at the same stage as you are. 

Edited by Himeyasha, 20 March 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#33 Avanah

Avanah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hi everyone, I "come from" Dragonica. I think you don't have to worry about Dragon Saga. They decided to close Dragonica because there is a lack of members. Webzen has bought Dragonica and they completely abandoned the game. So gamers started to leave because Dragonica began to have a lot of lags (Don't know the english words. Bug ? Crash ?).

#34 CaliaoKokoz

CaliaoKokoz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:gPotato EU FR - ATLAS

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hi guys ! I'm a player from Dragonica (gPotato EU - FR). I hope for you all the game won't be closed down anytime soon. Our Community Manager told us back in January that the game had years ahead of its. Well, look what happened... So I just wanted to say that you're very lucky to play the game. Enjoy it every time you play. Enjoy every elga run, revious, aram, lavalon, drakos, celestial bosses or whatever boss (Don't know how they're named here emo_17-f31883.gif) Enjoy to play the game with your friends, it is very important. :-)

It's really hard to leave behind something you started to play 5 years ago (the game opened in spring 2009 in EU)... In about a month, it will be closed !

As to someone said earlier in the topic, about the transfer of our chars here, we already asked our Community Manager. Unfortunately, it is impossible because it isn't the same editor or something like this... sadly emo_21-f318e2.gif I'd gladly start everything over to play here, but you know... starting from 0 to make an invoker with 340%+ atk speed is not easy haha!
Spoiler

And about the bugs that Avanah is talking about... we were not able to run Elga from November 2013 to the last week of February 2014. That's how long we wait to get bug fixes. Right now the access to the Metro City Laboratory is bugged. We have to teleport ourselves in by inviting other players in our party because the entrance doesn't work. Also, the Channel Buff for the lvls 81-85 has not been added to the game yet. In addition, during the last month, the entrance (The big asteroid at the top left of the center island of the Port of the Winds) to the Cassiopeia dungeons (I think you call it Galaxia over here) disappeared for 2 weeks... We have a LOT of problems with the devs I guess :s

Ho and by the way. Your Community Manager (Shazam) is REALLY doing a good job. Big Props +1 to him. The players here are lucky emo_12-f317e1.gif

Edited by CaliaoKokoz, 20 March 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#35 Ormmos

Ormmos

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

Yeah indeed.... it is impossible for us the EU community to start all over again......... it is sad but gravity games will have to assume completely their mistake by having closed the EU dragon saga market.......

Because indeed it was really an awesome mistake to have crushed down all our EU community like this , for this unique game ......

#36 Shiriru94

Shiriru94

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:only one left!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

Here is one more from the EU Community (German Server)

Let's the party continue HERE :)

#37 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationAssindia, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hi all Dragonica players from EU. I wanted to say farewell to all of you. I tried to play here, but I can't deal with the differences to the EU servers they have here. 
Dragonica/Dragon Saga was a nice game on EU servers, but here... no comment.

It's a pity that such a unique must die. But I think it will die here, too.... in the "near future". 

Farewell Dragonica.

#38 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Just to let anyone know, Webzen(Gpotato) - the EU publisher of Dragonica (Dragon Saga) - has started to announce the possibility to "continue our Dragon Saga journey" on here. They also added a link to Dragon Saga, so people get directed to the right spot for game account registration. This is an official post overthere (by a CM). "Because this spot is the only one left".

This said, another CM just recently posted this on an user thread overthere, regarding migrating over to this server here. And I'm just not able to get the point. The statement is not clear. This is what the CM posted:

Just to clarify one thing:

WarpPortal and Webzen are two distinct publishers.
We invite players to continue their journey on Dragonsaga if they want to, because it's the only remaining option.
Unless they have information we don't have, their communication is a bit contradictory with the information we got from Gravity Games.
I can try to gather more information on the subject, but as it involves a complete different publisher, I can't promise anything.

Kind Regards,

[CM] ...

And here is what I don't understand:

Why is "their communication a bit contradictory with the information the EU publisher got from Gravity Games"?

I know that Warpportal is a subsidiary company of Gravity Games. So I wonder why there can be contradictory informations.....

Your CMs overhere told us several times, we don't have to worry, cause there are no plans to close. But "some rumors" in the European forums say that Gravity Games has stopped all further development on Dragon Saga. And we had to learn hardly at EU Server, that most of the "rumors" are true.

Because of this "rumors" some players, that actually would love to play here, are cautious to make this step. And this can't be good for both sides. The players are in need of some positive signs and some positive words to settle down on here and finally find their inner peace.

So now please put your cards on the table: Is there a future for Dragon Saga on here, or is it breathing it's last?

Sorry for bothering you once again. But such statements (like I just quoted) are very disturbing.  

#39 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

Just to let anyone know, Webzen(Gpotato) - the EU publisher of Dragonica (Dragon Saga) - has started to announce the possibility to "continue our Dragon Saga journey" on here. They also added a link to Dragon Saga, so people get directed to the right spot for game account registration. This is an official post overthere (by a CM). "Because this spot is the only one left".

This said, another CM just recently posted this on an user thread overthere, regarding migrating over to this server here. And I'm just not able to get the point. The statement is not clear. This is what the CM posted:

And here is what I don't understand:

Why is "their communication a bit contradictory with the information the EU publisher got from Gravity Games"?

I know that Warpportal is a subsidiary company of Gravity Games. So I wonder why there can be contradictory informations.....

Your CMs overhere told us several times, we don't have to worry, cause there are no plans to close. But "some rumors" in the European forums say that Gravity Games has stopped all further development on Dragon Saga. And we had to learn hardly at EU Server, that most of the "rumors" are true.

Because of this "rumors" some players, that actually would love to play here, are cautious to make this step. And this can't be good for both sides. The players are in need of some positive signs and some positive words to settle down on here and finally find their inner peace.

So now please put your cards on the table: Is there a future for Dragon Saga on here, or is it breathing it's last?

Sorry for bothering you once again. But such statements (like I just quoted) are very disturbing.  

Remember that hosting is all about profitability. Settle down here, boost the population to respectable levels, play around with the Item Mall a bit, and this server won't have any reason to close.

That said, ShazamO has made it abundantly clear over the last week or so that Dragon Saga has no immediate plans to shut down. Gravity Korea haven't said anything to that effect either.

When you start up and see the channel population, it may seem low, but the server and channel pop counter was designed to account for quite a large number of players. People are always online, although there are fewer than there really should be. Just sit around in the hub for a few minutes and you'll see plenty wandering around.

Anyway, jump online and let's make this game worth Warp's time and money in hosting it, yeah?

e: almost forgot. When they stated that you're able to "continue your journey" here, I believe they meant that you could continue playing the game here, but not transfer your characters over.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 25 March 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#40 Shiriru94

Shiriru94

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:only one left!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

it's hypotetical: I started a few days ago here and i couldn't transfer my gPotato char (There are three servers: one english, one german (me) and one french). so WP made a Lv1 equip event and has the cookie facory longer than usual (it's end of march) becauce WP calculated much more new players than usual. The biggest part comes from SEA and gPotato/WEBZEN. 

Ture or false?

Greetz

Shiriru_94

Edited by Shiriru94, 25 March 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#41 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

Ture or false?

Sounds about right.

Although it's possible that server stats have shown that the majority of the active population hasn't really tried CF yet, so they kept it in. Maybe both things are a factor.

That Lv1 gears event really needs to vanish though. Like... next maint. It's nice to have the Dragonica Vets feeling strong and pumping their levels quickly, but the whole concept of this event is against what a MMO is supposed to be. It should take time and effort to become strong.

#42 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

A char transfer from EU to here, isn't possible. We know about this and got told this by our CM at EU. :)

it's hypotetical: I started a few days ago here and i couldn't transfer my gPotato char (There are three servers: one english, one german (me) and one french). so WP made a Lv1 equip event and has the cookie facory longer than usual (it's end of march) becauce WP calculated much more new players than usual. The biggest part comes from SEA and gPotato/WEBZEN.

Ture or false?

This is a thought we already had ourselves. :)

Actually right after we read the following statement from Shazam in the Sea closing thread on here:

In the coming weeks, we only plan to grow stronger with the community and content.

Enjoy your stay.

"We plan to grow stronger with the community" -> that's clear, cause more people from EU/SEA are awaited here :)

But

"and content" -> What's meant with this? Is there something new on the way?

And sure, using IM a little bit never is wrong. Money is what always gets everything going, so on here too. :)

And yes, I've seen more people running around in game as I saw at Dragonica Germany the last 3 months. But yes, it still could be more people on. :)

Back on topic. What's meant with this sentence ?:

Unless they have information we don't have, their communication is a bit contradictory with the information we got from Gravity Games.

EDIT:

And please please PLEASE end the stupid level 1 top gear event. It makes the server situation worse and not better at all.

This has to end as soon as possible.

EDIT 2: What is CF?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 26 March 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#43 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

And please please PLEASE end the stupid level 1 top gear event. It makes the server situation worse and not better at all.

This has to end as soon as possible.

EDIT 2: What is CF?

YES IT NEEDS TO END!

CF is Cookie Factory.

The one and only issue I'm having with the official word on server closure is this, a short run of statements made by a Dragonica CM:

Hi everyone,

This rumor is just that : Only a rumor.
The game won't close in January, far from it.
We are aware that Channel 100 is a huge issue (among others) at the moment.
We constantly ask the developers for some news about when it will be fixed, as for the bugs for the Halloween content.
Some Christmas content is planned in December as well, that will - hopefully - come with bug fixes.
More news about it will be posted soon.

Kind Regards,
[CM] Zartylan

And then later:

Hi everyone.

This thread should have been removed regarding its content, but just to clarify before closing it, here is an answer about the statement Nomoracing and Fomelia are refering to: 

At the time the statement was posted, there was absolutely not the slightest information (even internal) that the game will be shut down End of April 2014. We learnt this very recently that we will have to close the game, not because of non-profitability but because Gravity Games are refocusing on other platforms than PC. Without support from the Devs, we can't let open the game for a very long time. This is the sad truth. Of course you can believe it, or you can blame a scapegoat. But like in most cases, there isn't an evil behind all misfortune.

Kind Regards,
[CM] Zartylan

This is likely the 'conflicting information' your side was referring to. They thought Grav was ceasing support of all Dragonica servers (which would include Dragon Saga) based on what they were told, yet our CMs say otherwise.

So, is Dragon Saga going to die, so soon after I and many others joined?

Your move Gravity   :p_sad:

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 26 March 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#44 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

My prior statement still stands. 

Topic closed due to the topic going off the rails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users