Keep vanil sera or reset to amistr sera (not brewer) - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Keep vanil sera or reset to amistr sera (not brewer)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

hiya everyone,

want to know which type of homunculus is better. i have the vanil sera at the moment and im tempted to reset and get a amistr base instead. i'm really liking the sera homu S, but i felt that the vanil base contributes nothing to the homu.

i dont remeber what mafe me pick vanil over amistr back then but i remember it was along the lines of leveling up faster and maxing homuc stats. but now that i have a vanil based sera i dun see how the vanil base is useful at all T.T since this is not a.brewer gen. and what benefit would.maxing a homu stat be?

and as for why im interested in starting over with an amistr base is because they get access to 2 great skills, ones that become useful even as a homu s: castling and bulwark. so with those 2 new skills and sera's painkiller this homu would become the best homu buffer =D. unlike my current vanil sera, of which the vanil base contributes nothing...

is it worth it to reset to amistr? im asking to double check because i spent over a year of time to loyal and evolve my homu, dunno if i wanna do it again. but if amistr base is much much better i guess ill reset. T.T all my hours!

also, if you guys think i should definately reset, should i get the loyal skill of amistr bloodlust? i have mixed feelings about it, mainly due to the insanely long 15 minutes skill delay. but on the other hand it lasts for 5-6 minutes long. lol was thinking of the fastest way to reach sera again, if possible i'd skip blood lust, unless i'm missing something.

tl,dr which homus is better and which homu do u guys use? i prefer the defensive over the offensive homus such as deiter

Edited by GwenevereXOXO, 19 March 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

Your logic is sound. It's just a question of whether you're willing to devote the time to remaking.

I wish that I had started with Amistr base on my main gen - but I don't have the time to remake my homun. 

If you get an Ami, though, you ought to get bloodlust. 

#3 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

Also the cool down on bloodlust can be bypassed.

#4 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Also the cool down on bloodlust can be bypassed.

whoa what? how? i know that amistr's bulwark can be "bypassed" by setting it to a lower level, so that u can just auto-recast it when it runs out. does bloostlust work the same way? setting it to a lower level maybe? o.o

if not, how do u bypass the cooldown?

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

It apparently involves casting bloodlust right when another skill(with a cast time that is more than zero) is being cast. I haven't tried it yet because my homunculus is not in S form yet(which it needs to be to get a skill whose cast time is more than zero).

#6 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

T.T welp, i reset my sera today.  think it's gonna be worth it

Anyways to all future alchemists, if you're not going to be a brewer, always pick amistr. this way u dun need to reset.

#7 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

well, it depends on what you are going to do with your homu.

if you want your homu to be lvl as fast as they can, choose the bird or vani

if you want your homu to be having great skills, choose the sheep

if you want your homu to be cute, choose the girl.

make your mind before you make one.

I want Sera just for the PK only and nothing else, choose bird or vani.

I want dieter just for the Pyro only, choose bird or vani.

I want XXX with great buff, choose sheep.

I'm a potter, choose vani. 

I have 2 pet, a sheep to dieter and a vani to sera.

notice that my sheep never got blood lust and i don't see the point of getting it either. I change the sheep to dieter as soon as it hits loyal.

and it took me about 1 weeks afking in OD 2 to get Lava Slide (109), then another weeks afking in OD 2 to get Pyro (132 i assume). (that's with the 2x exp event).  Then I 150 it during the juno spot light in magma 2 with a rate of 30 min 1 level. 

The points i dont' go for blood lust is:

1. I afk level, so i can't do the by pass thing, and every 20 min to boost up atk for 5 min on a 120 aspd dieter (a 99 dieter) is not gonna boost ur exp/hr that much. if i recall correctly, my dieter aspd is around 135 when it hit 109.

2. After i get the magma flow skills, i actually can go active level in some mobby map, which i don't need blood lust at all.

3. Blood Lust didn't benefit the owner.

and No, i'm not sorry or feeling incomplete or feeling regret for NOT getting blood lust.

And don't tell me there might be some changes on the blood lust skills, I haven't see kro do anything in the homu system yet. And even they launch it now, we will be getting it 2-3 yrs later. Hell know if i still play that long. Even if i'm still around, i can make another one with a new fresh gene.

On the vani->sera case:

My main purpose for this pet is to get PK. so

1. I need a fast leveling pet, vani fits that though not the fastest, but for some reason i like jello better than bird.

2. well, this is the first homu i got, so i never did research.

and thats why i made a sheep base homu, and guess what sheep has it's usage, not the bulwak, but the instant switch position skills. very helpful when mvping. but that's about it.

Edited by bassman767, 23 March 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#8 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

yup i didn't do research the first time around either. i just heard from friends etc that vanilmirth has the best growth and lvls really fast. this time around i picked the sheep. main goal is to create a amistr-sera for all of those supportive buffs. painkiller is fantastic anywhere, bulwark is eh (homu screws up recasting it at times, and doesn't last forever unless u use a lower level) but castling is great. i've seen my friend castle out of an mvp group. not to mention vanil base doesn't give anything to the homunculus after u get homu S

#9 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

If you're getting an amistr you should really get blood lust.The attack bonus is very significant when you're actively levelling because it affects both magma flow and lava slide.

#10 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

If you're getting an amistr you should really get blood lust.The attack bonus is very significant when you're actively levelling because it affects both magma flow and lava slide.

yup i wanted to ask about that. is bloodlust that good? cause loyaling twice is a pain. T.T

i plan to get sera after amistr tho, i wont get able to get magma flow and lava slide

#11 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

You didn't have to make another thread for this.

Blood lust for a sera is not that useful because it won't affect poison mist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users