Patch Notes v498 - (3/25/14) Server Maintenance 2PM (-7 UTC) - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v498 - (3/25/14) Server Maintenance 2PM (-7 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Be sure to log off before 2:00PM PST on Tuesday(03/25) for a Server Maintenance Roserians!

Thank you guys for your future cooperation.

This Server Maintenance... bug fixes, tweaks, and more will be added in! More to Come!

---

---

A wild Leo has hijacked the post!

Patch N :love:tes v498

Refine Event!

We'll be increasing refines by 5% across the board, starting from the end of maintenance, to April 1st. (No this isn't an April Fools joke)

April 1st, we'll be having another maintenance, to update the next set of Lucky Spin costumes, with one brand new costume as well!

Game Arena - All PvP Modes
Some point values have been adjusted to improve the rewards for achieving the match objectives.
Largely, the initial values, although appeared to initially be working as intended, were showing signs of having a heavier weight towards direct combat, kills specifically, than we had intended. Reviewing the new data with the skill changes in effect, we've adjusted some of the point values and group point contribution each objectives held. There will still be a larger value of points rewarded for winning, however participation is key to receiving those points.
This should help smooth out rewards based on activity, while still promoting and encouraging players to win, with less of a dramatic point gap, depending on activity participation.

Item Mall
We're introducing two Dragon Mounts. The Lucky Dragon and the Dark Magic Dragon. These mounts aren't just new colors, they have a unique special effects to them when mounted and traveling, that will certainly turn heads as you pass by!

These Dragon Mounts will be available for direct purchase for a limited time, after which they will be listed within the Lucky Spin. We don't know when we will make them available for direct purchase again once they leave.

They will be listed for a minimum of 2 weeks, which means April 8th, after which we will be removing them from the Item Mall and putting them in to the Lucky Spin for an undetermined amount of time.

Also don't forget to vote for next month's Lucky Spin costumes! We will be adding one new costume and including the top 4 costumes you vote for on our Facebook page!

Skill Balances

Please note, because the skill changes are relatively minor and none are based on stats, we do not feel it necessary to provide a stat reset at this time. Only job skills and unique skill resets will be provided in order to make any adjustments to the changes in skills.

Soldier
Bolt Reloading

• Changed scale of attack speed bonus, to begin at 10.0% and increase by 2.5% per skill level, reaching the same 20.0% attack speed bonus when mastered.

Two Hand Finesse

• Changed scale of attack speed bonus, to begin at 10.0% and increase by 2.5% per skill level, reaching the same 20.0% attack speed bonus when mastered.

Knight
Crossbow ASPD

Hawker
Combat Mastery

• Attack Speed has been reduced by 5% from mastered level and the scale of attack speed bonus is set to begin at 10.0% and increase by 2.5% per skill level, reaching 20.0% attack speed bonus when mastered.

Quick Hands

Katar Swiftness

• Attack Speed has been reduced by 5% from mastered level and the scale of attack speed bonus is set to begin at 10.0% and increase by 2.5% per skill level, reaching 20.0% attack speed bonus when mastered.

Stealth & (Unique) Stealth

• Are now on a shared cooldown, as originally intended.

Raider
Stack Effect - Critical Weakness

• Has been reduced to 2% per stack, from 3%.

Katar Swiftness

(Unique) Crippling Storm

• Corrected values of effect to adopt core skill effects "enfeeblement" and "Mental storm"

Cleric
Mystic Armor

• New Effect - Mute Resistance 10% * SkillLevel
    Mute Resistance will reduce by the % rate of success chance of any Mute attempt.

Purify

Spoiler

• Level 1 Cooldown has been increased to 13.5 seconds, from 2 seconds.
  • Cooldown reduces by 2.5 seconds per skill level after, ending at 3.5 seconds when mastered (increased by 1.5 second, from previous 2 seconds)
  • The number of dispells has been reduced to 1 effect, for all levels, instead of its increasing value.

(Unique) Purify (AoE)

• Cooldown has been increased to 8 seconds, from 2 seconds.
  • The number of dispells has been set to 1 effect.

(Unique) Integrity

• Heal values are updated to match Integrity as intended.

Dealer
Trigger Finger

Quickdraw

Artisan
Trigger Finger

Bug Fixes

• Corrected issue with Mana Flame's name not displaying, and being taunt-able.
  • Corrected shared cooldown timer between Zulie Stun and certain grenades.
  • The trade restriction listing "Sell & Vend Only" has been corrected as it was the incorrect interpretation of the restricted category. It is now "Trade, Vend and Storage"
  • The issue with Mana Shield's timer ending at half the duration has been fixed.
  • The damage displayed on invisible characters has been correctly removed.
  • v498 - Corrected a visual error with the new mounts.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Thanks Shaz! Looking forward to seeing what is in the works.

#3 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Erm, right after v496 patch, I'm still getting points for Attacks Dodged, but recently, it seems not being counted.

Is this a bug? Will it be fixed on this version?

If it's just me, can somebody post a recent SS with attack dodged as point basis?

#4 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Will those lag and dcing fix too?

Coz i dont lag or dc b4 this patch, but now i got dc alot.

#5 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Erm, right after v496 patch, I'm still getting points for Attacks Dodged, but recently, it seems not being counted.

Is this a bug? Will it be fixed on this version?

If it's just me, can somebody post a recent SS with attack dodged as point basis?

The only statistics on the scoreboard that awards points in Crystal Defenders are Kills, Damage Inflicted, Healing Inflicted, Minutes Defended (defenders only), Defend Kills (defenders only), Crystals Destroyed (attackers only) and Assault Kills (attackers only).

#6 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Minutes Attacking near the crystal don't count?

Hoping this type of thing will be resolved with the patch but..we've been seeing this pretty often lately:

The defenders go and sort of lure-spawn kill the attackers (so very far from the crystal), and people can get 200s pretty easily when they do practically no damage and have very very few (1??? 2??) kills. It makes it look like kill bonus is very overscaled just outside of the spawn area

IL23q1r.png

#7 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

A number of adjustments have been made to the point system for next patch which should address the influence that kills and group based objectives have on points earned (both of which were scaling points higher than intended), along with minor adjustments to other areas of the point system based on data we've been collecting since the point system update went live.  Unfortunately we didn't have enough players on Pegasus to test out PvP games thoroughly before the update went live initially, so it was inevitable that adjustments were going to be needed.  We will be continuing to collect data and feedback after this next set of adjustments goes live and make more adjustments as needed.

Edited by Genesis, 24 March 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#8 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

this has been happening to me too, in cd especially. I tried it with two accounts with one character in cd and the other one out of cd. The one in cd
disconnected 3 (different games) times while the other one was fine. Its pretty annoying becouse out of like 10 cd's started you only finish one......again this could be a network problem on my end

Edited by bl0b, 23 March 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#9 ViolentMoon

ViolentMoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

What bothers me the most is that i still have to wait for 2 years when i make my own group (with friends/clannies or whatever) and join CD. Also there is still nothing done to the balancing of classes in each team to make it fair.Yet i see you guys working on every dot on classes why not fix the basic CD first ?

Did i miss something do we work backwards lately ..

ON TOPIC:

It's one day before the maintenance date and still no further info would be nice to get it on time every now and then so we IM buyers know what to expect.

Edited by ViolentMoon, 23 March 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#10 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

this has been happening to me too, in cd especially. I tried it with two accounts with one character in cd and the other one out of cd. The in cd got disconnected 3 (different games) times while the other one was fine. Its pretty annoying becouse out of like 10 cd's started you only finish one......again this could be a network problem on my end

I can open 10 clients w/o lagging but after this patch i dc alot.

I can afk 24 hrs w/o relog and still work fine but now ...... i cant deal with it.

#11 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:17 AM

Hoping to see a patch note. :o

#12 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

even i DC alot, i DCed sometimes wen was doing Dg, last time i DCed i was in last round of HOO n boss was 75% hp x-x .... wile my knight was almost ready for go do other dg with friends (was doing atm dg with cleric) than wen the Group leader chosed the dg bam Dced in my cleric n knight >-<, before the patch came i almost didnt dced, i just dced only wen someone was using mutch my network, since the patch came, i DCed alots, even wen was pting :C

max clients i can atm is 4, might can 5 but lag lots due overuse Ram or w/e xDDD, i never surpass from 4 clients (might will surpass wen i get an better pc =3)

Edited by Filipito98, 24 March 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#13 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Patch notes aren't generally posted until they are done. However, there are also reasons for not posting patch notes, even if they are done, because of some aspects could be used to exploit before change takes place.

The patch notes will get posted when they are ready to be posted. The changes going in are minor-skill balances based on feedback, observation and design intent. We had expectations that some outcomes of skill changes would upset a balance, but we also needed to see things settle down from the initial update impact. Now that some dust has settled, we're able to see clearly what some of the impacting changes have resulted in and how well they fell into what was intended.

For now, I will address that you can expect Raiders to be reduced slightly in their attack speed prowess from their class design and some other minor points that were brought up. Clerics will be given an additional benefit, from their reduction in defenses, that should help make up for the loss in defenses.

The details will get posted soon enough, but there's your tidbit for now. :)

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Leonis=such a tease! :p_love:

#15 Mechan1c

Mechan1c

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Quick question. Will we be getting Free timed Job skill/Stat reset for this adjustments? Thanks!

#16 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Quick question. Will we be getting Free timed Job skill/Stat reset for this adjustments? Thanks!

Any class that gets a skill change, generally gets the reset ability provided so they can adjust to whatever changes that would affect build.

#17 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Oh goodie, cause I screwed up my raider and forgot to change it back before the time ran out -darn AFK habbits @ Junon storage- lol

#18 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

Patch Notes v496

Game Arena
Several enhancements have been made to adjust how points are tracked and counted towards contribution to your team. More Honor Point are expected to be earned per match overall, those who participate will see better compensation for their efforts in the end.

• Updated Game Arena scoreboard to display new combat and game-specific objective stats.
  • New combat stats tracked are: Damage Blocked, Attacks Blocked, Damage Reflected, Attacks Reflected, Damage Absorbed, Attacks Absorbed, Attacks Dodged.

So you changed your mind huh.. erm care to explain?

#19 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

So you changed your mind huh.. erm care to explain?

And will the things you mentioned abore -  Damage Blocked, Attacks Blocked, Damage Reflected, Attacks Reflected, Damage Absorbed, Attacks Absorbed, Attacks Dodged - give points or are just tracked and displayed on the final points/combat chart at the end?

All those other tracking factors are in place for future use, as well as improved tracking of activity for us, as well as fun facts for you to review at the end of a match. They don't necessarily all have unique point factors to them being tracked.

Attacks Dodged never gave pts to you on CD.

#20 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Remember guys, Maintenance today at 2:00PM PST! Log off beforehand. 

#21 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Genesis has posted what gives points, the fact that those stats are tracked is just for awareness and information. Points of interest, if you will, to see how well you performed or some things accomplished. It also helps us have more combat statistics through each match as well.

#22 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Patch notes are posted.

#23 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hawker

Stealth & (Unique) Stealth

• Are now on a shared cooldown, as originally intended.

Then what's the point of the unique stealth if it shared cooldown with regular stealth? People get it on katar raider just because it doesn't share cooldown. Plus you didn't mention it is for dual swords raider, so any chance for a refund?

#24 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Glad to see you're lowering attack speed across the board, to encourage more people to actively use skills rather than just point click attack.

However I feel you're doing it the wrong way. Some classes are designed to have that attack speed (the katar raider with its 185% aspd at max stacks definitely needed a nerf there but not all of them had that significantly high passive attack speed). Where I think the problem lies is the attack speed buff that the cleric has, which is outright overpowering (107% aspd at max cha). 

#25 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

here comes the raider nerf what a surprise ... guess too many clerics cried cause they can t tank 10 people solo in CD anymore?....

Edited by matthiashornauer, 25 March 2014 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users