Did they change the developers? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Did they change the developers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

After 3 monts since the AoV patch was released I'm starting to think Gravity changed the developers of this game the proves are everywhere in game:

The Morocc area seems completely ignore the existence of the raids except for 1 quest (reason for ambush) that require impossible drops from them.

The ML gears doesn't follow the criteria of the previous ones, you need to have all the set to have all the stats you need because they are not redistribuited equally on each piece, their defence is whay to high except for shields that are ridicoulous.

The morocc area miss all the basics of the previous content, there are no minimum levels to go in the dungeons, there is no kafra flight transport, the drops by monsters are completely random, the quests are useless and they are not needed to progress to the endgame gears and dungeons, there are a lot of empty buildings that seems shops but the vendors are everywhere except there.

The lv up system is a joke you have to pay for lv up it's no more automatic, the amout of stats points for each level is way too high, and the fact that you have to buy your skill points is ridicoulous. The fact that you are forced to use your EXP to purchase materials that you need to craft anything because there is no way the mobs will drop what you need just make the grinding fest even worst.

They removed 158 quests speeding up the lv from 1 top 50 and they added a map where also who levelled whit all them quests feel as boring and too slow to lv up, seems like they want new players to notice even more how the ML levels are sooo boring.

They bounded at the same stat 2 opposite secondary statistic and after 3 monts they still don't understand how their new hit and dodge formula dreak the game so hard.

They made the defence a percentage that is yet near the cap this means that new content won't add defence at heavy armor classes but will grant at light geared classes to obtain a defence that will match the one of the heavy geared classes

Parry and dodge are similar they are both used for defence but 1 is in percentage and one isn't? This means parry has a fixed percentage whatever is your opponent but dodge not.

They keep introducing patches that breack the game so hard and fix quite nothing or the fix make exactly the opposite it was intended for

EDIT

They edited the power and the HP of every boss and adds in raids in a crazy way that was completely disconnected whit the new patch the large bags started to drop by normal bosses, i guess what KnightOf0 said in another post is right they ibrided the kRO whit our iRO this means we are playing a game that jet failed!!!

EDIT END

THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE AoV PATCH gravity have to do something! Bring back the original devs i can't trust this damn broken game is made by the same people that did the pre AoV game!!!

Edited by Shinyusuke, 21 March 2014 - 03:11 AM.

#2 KnightOf0

KnightOf0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

Since you made a separate topic, i'll move my post here:

I feel the same and it has been my guess for a while.  The current devs don't have a clue about making the raids fun again by adjusting the difficulties.  It take ages to fix the simplest problem now (or introduce more fail when try to fix? hello greenseed box?).  But we have seen that with embus which took months to make bosses immune to its effects.

My guess is, when kRO2 closed, those fail devs who made that fail kRO2 replaced (all or some of) the iRO2 team or that some staff got fired because less server = less human needed.  The iRO2 code base might have merged with kRO2 (then apply the AoV patch) when our AoV was released.  That explains why the large bag dropped and there were much more exp given in sandermans initially.  

Plus raid bosses/adds hp changed, who the hell has that much time to touch every raid bosses hp that has no direct relation to the AoV patch if you think about it.  There must be a merge somewhere with the fail kRO2.  But I can't figure out why they want to continue the fail instead of letting us have a breath of fresh air.  Maybe AoV was developed under the kRO2 environment before it was closed?  The kRO2 server was the easiest compare to SEA or NA, fits the description here.

Of course that is all my speculation based on observation, the answer will never surface.

Edited by KnightOf0, 21 March 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#3 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

After 3 monts since the AoV patch was released I'm starting to think Gravity changed the developers of this game the proves are everywhere in game:

The Morocc area seems completely ignore the existence of the raids except for 1 quest (reason for ambush) that require impossible drops from them.

Raid maps were always just there with little to no explanation.

The ML gears doesn't follow the criteria of the previous ones, you need to have all the set to have all the stats you need because they are not redistribuited equally on each piece, their defence is whay to high except for shields that are ridicoulous.

ML gear stat spread is higher on certain pieces to make up for the fact that not all of them are distributed to everything.

there are a lot of empty buildings that seems shops but the vendors are everywhere except there.

Take a step into Prontera and Alberta, you'll notice the same.

The lv up system is a joke you have to pay for lv up it's no more automatic, the amout of stats points for each level is way too high, and the fact that you have to buy your skill points is ridicoulous. The fact that you are forced to use your EXP to purchase materials that you need to craft anything because there is no way the mobs will drop what you need just make the grinding fest even worst. 

Man, I also remember paying 20k MP for skill points, good thing they fixed that.

They made the defence a percentage that is yet near the cap this means that new content won't add defence at heavy armor classes but will grant at light geared classes to obtain a defence that will match the one of the heavy geared classes

Gonna stop you there buckaroo, Defense has always been a percentage, it's just that nobody was able to hit the percentages that we have now.

They keep introducing patches that breack the game so hard and fix quite nothing or the fix make exactly the opposite it was intended for

This isn't new at all. We lost a lot of good men from the tides of WoE

THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE AoV PATCH gravity have to do something! Bring back the original devs i can't trust this damn broken game is made by the same people that did the pre AoV game!!!

See, here's the thing. While it's not of the same magnitude, this has been going on since before AoV. The fact that the patch process has been rather consistent tells me that this is the same dev team.

Edited by Sestuplo, 21 March 2014 - 03:45 AM.

#4 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

Hahahaha i dunno for some reason u seem to wanna rebut everything on some technicalities, but i hope u do realize that they are trying to say not only are new patches bringing in more disappointment, but with all the changes that has been brought in the game has gotten immensely boring! U have a grind fest to ML20..then grind to get gear..then grind to get all the agi u possibly can...then boom! U got nothing left to do :P

#5 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

The developers have not changed. 

I am closing this topic because it is a potential breeding ground for rumors to spread. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users