Question regarding Economy/Selling - A fresh starter is confused - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question regarding Economy/Selling - A fresh starter is confused

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Hey,

I've got some questions about the ingame market and how exactly it works on here. Maybe you can help me out and explain to me how economy works overhere.

I've started over fresh just yesterday, but  played good 4 years at EU Server. So I'm quite used to selling and buying a lot of stuff in the ingame market. Cause in EU we use it a lot to make cash (gold). It's fun to look after a good deal and to sell for a good deal. But it seems whatever I try to sell on here in the market simply stays stuck in my own shop and never sells, at whatever deep price I put it in doesn't matter at all.

For example Gada Coins, I checked and most are set around 2 gold. As business man as I am I placed them at 1 gold 50 silver. Just to be the best deal and of course to make my first money. At EU my 12 Gada coins would have been gone within 10 minutes.

Not here...

They are priced at 75 silver each in my shop right now.......and still don't sell. Not one. How come? Can anyone explain me please?

Second example, souls. I understand those go for a cheaper price on here (I was told a stack around 60 gold, in EU it would be around 200 gold one stack), so I put them on for a price of 6 silver each. I checked the marked before and all sellers have them at 7 silver each, yeah the businessman getting out again. And they are still in my shop as I write this and yes I'm the cheapest seller at the moment. Souls, guys, please.....come on?  What's happening here?

5 stacks of souls (yes, I like to farm) in EU are gone within.......5 mins being in shop. And I mean all of them sold.

Can you please explain to me what's wrong with those?

Onto next thing, weapon and armor powder. Which are acutally both priced way higher as I'm used to by sellers in the market overhere. Both are around 30 silver each put in by sellers in the market. I put mine in for 25 silver each. And what shall I say, yes, not a single one sold. At EU those don't sell as fast as Gada coins or souls, but always make some "plus" money.

Yes, at EU they drop in F7 too and still sell.

What's wrong?

I sure can need some hints and tips on the server economy. There's a voice inside of me screaming "what on earth is wrong on this server"?! And I just can't figure it out. It's way above my head.

To get to the final point: What on earth DOES sell in the ingame market? How do you guys here make money (gold) at all?

Especially something reachable for a level 20 fresh starter, that has basically nothing left....and comes here empty handed.

(except selling IM stuff, I know this usually works......does do too in EU)

I appreciate every single hint and tip you can give me.  I just want to know how getting gold works at this place and find me a new home.

Thanks lots.

(btw, why can't you sell things like insurance scrolls to other people in the market?)

#2 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Gada coins don't sell because of te current event where players start with magma weapons and mist set. So most of them don't bother to get thier set and just wait till bd set >>>secmethian>>Elga>>galaxia. Souls do sell but you're wrong about the price currently they go for 50g each just that people in market overprice. Also we have some pretty generous people ok guilds that tend to help each other out. At least from my experience. Weapon and armor dust is abundant throughout the game. It does sell but only when someone is actually enchanting Elga/ galaxia pieces any endgame gear. Now as to what does sell: Anything really you just have to be patient enough and wait them market out. Just look for what people need such as essence of darkness, galaxia star stones, star fragments etc.

#3 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

actually I sold gada last weekend for 1g each, soul stacks last weekend for 60g each, and I think I sold weap/armor dusts last weekend at either 25s each or 35s each,

and I think that's a big key word is -weekend-

with more people possibly coming over from EU hopefully it will get better

and yeah as Rabbicarpo said be patient, and galaxy stuff does sell well, event stuff too, anything that is new or current in events, and current im costume parts if you can get your hands on em, such as grinding metro for parts to mix

#4 Luckyin

Luckyin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

agree on what they said above,

and we have to take into consideration the events that are going on right now and past week~

when there is a soul event, soul can go to 5g for a stack xD

gada coins used to be popular, but right now it only attracts ppl around lvl 50~65

and most of them go for van cliff set instead

you can see that we have a lot of high lvl ppl (60+) so gada coins are harder to sell

for insurance scrolls, a lot of things happened before so they decided to remove the access to it in market (I remember lot of ppl selling it for crazily cheap price before 1g each, and of course that mess up the economy)

if you want insurance scrolls, you can participate actively in the events (there are plenty such as forum, facebook, in game, etc)

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

Thanks so much for the answers :)

That helped a lot.

or insurance scrolls, a lot of things happened before so they decided to remove the access to it in market (I remember lot of ppl selling it for crazily cheap price before 1g each, and of course that mess up the economy)

Aaah, I see. Sadly this sounds so much like dupers and I understand why access got removed. 

But this is extremely hard for European players like me to deal with this restrictions. Cause at the EU server, we simply bought insurance scrolls in the shop and just sold them directly in game market to other people. So it was with xp potions, pet food etc.

And the fact we at EU server somehow managed it to get around the insurance scroll issue you had here. For example 1 blue insurance scroll did sell around 120 gold and this never ever changed. Why this worked out all time at EU server? I don't know. But this helped our economy stay good (and our player empty server stay online for one more year). Souls sold for 25 silver each and our gada coins sold for 2 gold 49 silver. 

Maybe nowadays this would work out on here too?....

There's a good chance European players will quit after they realize this restrictions and that something important to them is missing. Because we Europeans are used to it a lot.

Btw, I just got to another problem today. I wanted to buy IM points (warp energy). But the only two options I had were either paypal or by mobile. Paypal for sure is a problem for younger players, cause it is age restricted. Not a problem to me though, but still. Mobile is a problem too, cause European don't like to hand out their mobile numbers, especially not when they are new to something. Plus the fact not all players are old enough (may use their mobile cash).

We are used to use things like PaySafeCards. But sadly I found out you don't accept it here. PaySafeCard is the same as Ukash, but we don't have Ukash in Germany (and it's rarely used in Europa, many countries don't have it).

Is there a way to add the payment option PaySafeCard?

Cause this one is easy to get all around Europe and people here just love to use it. You can get it in Germany for example, everywhere (stores, gas stations, discounters, supermarkets etc). I'm sure it would help many European players that would love to invest in IM, but simply can't just now. And this for sure would help this server to stay online. 

Edited by Fliederduft78, 22 March 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#6 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

I don't know if this works from europe but there is also an Ultimate Game Card or Go Cash Game Card option which may or maynot be sold in stores in Europe but they are sold online.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com

This would require you to purchase with a credit card however. 

#7 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

http://cubeupload.com/im/RDmlEr.jpg

I can't say i've never had much of an issue making gold in this game.

#8 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

I can't say i've never had much of an issue making gold in this game.

#9 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Farming gold in this game is a process. One can realistically farm 10k gold a day if they wanted by doing mission maps. However this is pretty much no-lifing for a solid 8-10 hours while having to meet certain requirements beforehand.

Other gold farming methods include professions where you simply afk and earn gold by selling ingredients to npcs/players or earning a stray income by selling sockets, enchant shifts etc. a very easy way to earn money without no lifing the game. Making highly desirable cards can also net you anywhere between 0-20k gold (by selling to other players) but is luck based.

Buying costumes using coins and reselling when they get removed from item mall is also profitable.
Although you can certainly purchase mix able clothing with gold from the market.

Element farming is profitable as well. Legend bless make a decent amount but make take some time to sell. But if you get lucky and farm a 6* element card (attack/resist) be prepared to be offered anywhere between 5-50k I believe anyone in Paradox guild is paying the most ridiculous amounts of gold for these cards.

To me, the easiest way to make gold is certainly not the fastest way. Take your time with the market. Learn what sells and bank on it. If not, just farm f1 mission maps in the lvl 65-75 range for a consistent gold earning. This is certainly the fastest way to make gold from nothing.

Tip: always have something in your shop for sale at a decent price range. While you are doing other things there may be a potential buyer scrolling through the market who would otherwise have missed your item if you didn't have it in your shop.

Any other tips? Ask.
--

I see no reason why cash items like insurance scrolls are not sellable in open market. There is simply no reason for it.

#10 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:35 AM

Thanks so much for the great answer. :)

I think I'll start looking in professions. You can simply start farming for example in the mining area and be afk?

I thought the "weapon".......tool......has some sort of a ending lifetime after some real life time passed.....how long is that time period?

Can I simply buy some tools and put them in my inventory and they get replaced automatically, or have I to put in a new tool manually?

(Sorry I'm not used to professions at all, I never needed to in past)

Element farming is a nice thing.  I'm used to running the element dungeons. I just didn't expect this stuff to be wanted on here that much. In EU server this was one good way to earn gold. So I'll try this out for sure.

Df1 Freo (I believe its Kryo.....something on here??? the ice dragon mission map) is something I already did at EU server. Just running f1 mission map again and again. But this still is future for my char on here. I'm in the mid 40s now. But yes, can't wait to see the fluffy ice dragon again. I just want to cuddle it.

Thanks for the tip with the shop. I will keep it open while I'm on all time now. This is something I didn't do before. I'm used to doing my thing and when I'm ready placing the char somewhere in city and open the market. But I'll for sure try this out.

About the part with the insurance scrolls:

That was my main "gold cow" at EU server. Like I said I'm used to selling and buying and reselling stuff in open market a lot. Since insurance scrolls are loved by many, this always was a good way to earn money and to help out other people that can't buy themselves/ or don't want to invest real money/ or simply don't have the money to invest so much. This goes for about any consumable in IM, like Jacks bean.

At the EU server we were allowed to sell anything in open market, anything except soul bound stuff or event stuff you weren't allowed to sell. I believe the last two options I named are on here the same, right?

So many EU players are a little..........sad.......about this restrictions on here. And try to find their way to settle down with IM sells. 

(Even though I can understand it, because of the duper thing that happened here, I still don't like it and have a hard time adjusting - so do some EU players too)

Don't get me wrong, I never was one of the "I need to buy IM points for 100 Euro at once players", but to me was important to be able to help other people out (and sure to make some gold out of that - everyone loves gold). But I tend to up IM points often, just in small amounts each though......but I do use this "gold farm method". Or have used it.  I'm still working those things out on here. 

Maybe you staff on here can give it a second thought about making (at least some) consumables sellable in open market....... ? :)

But one lesson I learned already, we newbies all  did. Dragonica and Dragonsaga are the same game in many ways, but completely different in others. Some differences are great and I'm happy I can now be a part of those, but some others are hard to get used to. For some of those I already found my way living with  and for others of those I still search for my way. However I'm willing to learn and to adjust and so are many of my fellow European players too.

Dragonsaga is the best MMO I ever played. And no matter if it's name was Dragonica and now is Dragonsaga. For me it is still the best MMO out there I ever played and for me the only MMO I ever will play. 

This said, you can find me in game, a lot. And I hope to see YOU in game too. 

Save Dragonsaga, the last server simply has to live on. It's a great game for me, for you and for everybody out there too. 

Directed to all EU players: Give yourself a little time to settle down and to get used to how the game works on here. It isn't that hard and for sure worth it. 

We all would love to see you in game. :)

Greetings to everybody from an old EU player and a fresh face on here

#11 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:55 AM

About the part with the insurance scrolls:

That was my main "gold cow" at EU server. Like I said I'm used to selling and buying and reselling stuff in open market a lot. Since insurance scrolls are loved by many, this always was a good way to earn money and to help out other people that can't buy themselves/ or don't want to invest real money/ or simply don't have the money to invest so much. This goes for about any consumable in IM, like Jacks bean.

At the EU server we were allowed to sell anything in open market, anything except soul bound stuff or event stuff you weren't allowed to sell. I believe the last two options I named are on here the same, right?

So many EU players are a little..........sad.......about this restrictions on here. And try to find their way to settle down with IM sells. 

(Even though I can understand it, because of the duper thing that happened here, I still don't like it and have a hard time adjusting - so do some EU players too)

Don't get me wrong, I never was one of the "I need to buy IM points for 100 Euro at once players", but to me was important to be able to help other people out (and sure to make some gold out of that - everyone loves gold). But I tend to up IM points often, just in small amounts each though......but I do use this "gold farm method". Or have used it.  I'm still working those things out on here. 

Maybe you staff on here can give it a second thought about making (at least some) consumables sellable in open market....... ? :)

Once upon a time, when the game was still young, insurance were a thing you could sell in the market place for gold. This was taken advantage of by credit card scammers (or stupid young children), that bought copious amounts of insurance scrolls and they sold them for like 10 gold each on market. The scammers performed a chargeback and WP lost a -_- ton of money.

Let us add in a fun little graph to make this whole process easier to understand:

seriouslyguys.jpg

Courtesy of zabmaru.

Edited by Albruna, 28 March 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#12 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

Got that. :D

Thanks for explaining it so well. :)

This is why I said: I can understand why it got restricted.

And I agree.

This stupid youngsters would simply go on and on with their bad behavior.

This is why I said:

Maybe you staff on here can give it a second thought about making (at least some) consumables sell able in open market....... ?

I wasn't referring to insurance scrolls at all. More thinking of some minor stuff that can't be sold in open market on here cause it's consumable, but would make people happy if.....

However, European people will adjust. I'm positive about that. And about sure they'll go their way in this game we all love. :)

#13 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

Got that. :D

Thanks for explaining it so well. :)

This is why I said: I can understand why it got restricted.

And I agree.

This stupid youngsters would simply go on and on with their bad behavior.

This is why I said:

I wasn't referring to insurance scrolls at all. More thinking of some minor stuff that can't be sold in open market on here cause it's consumable, but would make people happy if.....

However, European people will adjust. I'm positive about that. And about sure they'll go their way in this game we all love. :)

I'm from the EU as well but quit the game a long time ago and I was able to do perfectly well. Just find your folks and work together, its a change but its doable.

I'm sure you guys will be alright.

#14 Zunya

Zunya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Well, they could bring some sort of minimum price per scroll(or IM stuff generaly) in the market.
That way we could profite and it wouldn't mess up with the economy too much.
This would need some programming, but I guess it would enhance the experience for all of us.

#15 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Well, they could bring some sort of minimum price per scroll(or IM stuff generaly) in the market.
That way we could profite and it wouldn't mess up with the economy too much.
This would need some programming, but I guess it would enhance the experience for all of us.

That doesn't fix chargebacks which hurt WP financially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users