• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 aeronenu

aeronenu

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

My dancer is getting close to 70.  Is it hard to find a reliable party as a dancer nowadays? 

Should I concentrate on a more support role by raising INT or go towards the solo path and raise VIT to AOE?

Thanks!

#2 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

I think dancer always had a hardtime to find a party. Unless you got plenty of friends that you can party with all the time then I say solo build.

#3 Junipero

Junipero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

ok, thank you!

Do you have any suggestion as to where I can aoe as a dancer?  I am now level 76.

Edited by Junipero, 23 March 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#4 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

Turtle Island might the best now that the spotlight is on Alberta, just beware those sneaky pests.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:30 AM

Dancer's only AoE is Arrow Shower... its not very good. Just do turn-ins.

#6 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

with right set up, with mild gearing, and endow, etc, you can pack a punch with arrow shower. definitely doable to help party with killing. unless they have Ranger, and Gene in you're party, you should be helping with killing, along with flashing some useful string. 

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

That's sort of like a placebo. If anyone in party can 1 shot the mob (any 3rd job, about half of the second jobs), you aren't actually being useful, even if you do 99% of the damage before they die, its redundant damage. In  fact, the pushback of arrow shower may actually be slowing a better AoEer's killing. For example, say a sage can 1 shot the mob with thunderstorm (mine did, anyway), and its small AoE will fail to kill all of the monsters if Arrow shower pushes the monsters out of the AoE (happened to me a lot). Please don't give advice that discourages teamwork. Its better if the dancer focuses on either support (gypsy's kiss, mostly) or double strafing "stray" monsters.

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

Arrow Shower with an Orc Archer Bow and endow and some regular gears can do 2500+ damage. Very easy to solo AOE grind up to 99 and can even solo a lot of low TIs.

#9 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

I always soloed/carried some party with arrow shower when i was making 3 rangers, 2 stringers. Arrow shower is one of better AoE skill for 1-99 phase. And i already stated that If there are classes that are more efficient(ea. Ranger/Gene/Warlock) they can just help killing at certain point, and just flash string. even at mid ti, i find myself mixing SR/Arrow Shower, and Arrow Shower to brush off monsters on AB if AS is on cool-down to help them get away from monsters. when low ti only have average of 6~7k hp monsters, its really good to use Arrow Shower. And just because there are many people who have ranger/gene/wl stranded in TI doesnt mean you will get them in your own party at level 70. in my opinion, Arrow Shower is way better AoE skill than any of average Wiz/Scholar's AoE. they cast slow because of phen, and its not like everyone is with uber gear. and Arrow shower is something that you can make it efficient cheaply, and doesn't cast/ cooldown.

Edited by CharAznable, 23 March 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#10 Junipero

Junipero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the various detailed advice. 

I have a new question now.  What is flash string?  Does it have something to do with the bard skill, Magic Strings?

#11 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Flash string is you cast strings and switch to a bow or whatever so you cancel string (effect of string still works for a bit after cancel)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users