Random questions from a DS newbie - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Random questions from a DS newbie

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hi all. I've been an RO Addict for some years now, but through a combination of hitting the cap several times over and general boredom, I've decided to give DS a try.

I have a few questions after playing the game for a couple of evenings though:

• What's up with the starting gear? It's so horrifically OP that I had absolutely no trouble with anything up to my 1st Job Change and beyond, and I was able to solo Orc Hero at Lv21 relatively easily. That doesn't seem right.
  • How do I go about obtaining Set Gear? I'm specifically after the Mastersmith Set as I always mained the Blacksmith line in RO.
  • Where is everybody? This game seems to be ALL ABOUT the party play, and I can only imagine how awesome sweeping a dungeon with a good party would be, but nobody's actually around to party with.
  • Am I able to transfer items between my characters on the same account? I'm assuming that's what the Banker is for.
  • I've gotten a ton of in-game Gatcha coins, but I have no idea how to use them. How do they work?
  • What's our outlook on content over the coming months? Are we able to give suggestions regarding things that would be nice to implement? How much freedom does Warp have in modifying stuff?
  • I'm seeing a lot of server shouts regarding CP farming. To my knowledge that's something you get via participation in PvP. Is this like the RO Battlegrounds where people don't actually fight and just take turns killing one another to get points? As PvP seems amazing in DS, I hope that's not the case.
  • A lot of posts in the DS Class Guide section are incredibly old. Are any builds discussed there still viable?
  • WHO WANTS TO PARTY WITH ME!?  :chomok01:

#2 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hi all. I've been an RO Addict for some years now, but through a combination of hitting the cap several times over and general boredom, I've decided to give DS a try.

• What's up with the starting gear? It's so horrifically OP that I had absolutely no trouble with anything up to my 1st Job Change and beyond, and I was able to solo Orc Hero at Lv21 relatively easily. That doesn't seem right.
  • How do I go about obtaining Set Gear? I'm specifically after the Mastersmith Set as I always mained the Blacksmith line in RO.
  • Where is everybody? This game seems to be ALL ABOUT the party play, and I can only imagine how awesome sweeping a dungeon with a good party would be, but nobody's actually around to party with.
  • Am I able to transfer items between my characters on the same account? I'm assuming that's what the Banker is for.
  • I've gotten a ton of in-game Gatcha coins, but I have no idea how to use them. How do they work?
  • What's our outlook on content over the coming months? Are we able to give suggestions regarding things that would be nice to implement? How much freedom does Warp have in modifying stuff?
  • I'm seeing a lot of server shouts regarding CP farming. To my knowledge that's something you get via participation in PvP. Is this like the RO Battlegrounds where people don't actually fight and just take turns killing one another to get points? As PvP seems amazing in DS, I hope that's not the case.
  • A lot of posts in the DS Class Guide section are incredibly old. Are any builds discussed there still viable?

1. They toned down the game difficulty a lot from beta. Beta was really fun.

2. When you clear a instance run you can exchange Gatcha coins for a random equipment that is usually a set piece for your class.

3. It's a shame but I think a lot of the player base quit. 

4. I don't remember but I think I had to mail items to transfer them around.

5. Explained in #2

6. I have no idea if there is a positive outlook on any future content.

7. I'm not exactly sure what cp farming is but I think it's the battlegrounds thing Dragon Saga has one team wins and they get some special things.

8. I think the builds should still be viable unless there was more class balancing.

9. Maybe somebody out there would or Maybe I still have my old client someplace.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

That's all extremely depressing!

Interesting about the Gatcha prizes though. I just ran an instance and received a Twin Fighter body piece, despite running it as a Gladiator.

So, why did everyone quit? I'm surprised that this game could be so easily abandoned. In fact I've already managed to pull a friend into it. Word of mouth regarding this game, from what I've heard, is largely positive.

As for difficulty, I've been handicapping myself by using only what I receive through quests, as drops, or what I manage to buy from NPCs. Very difficult, but oh so much fun~

My biggest gripe, such as it is, is that 100% of the people I've encountered in the game so far, outside of my immediate circle of said friend and I, don't speak English. I'm finding it impossible to organize anything!

Finally, is anyone selling Mastersmith Set Pieces!? I managed to get the head, top and bottom so far~ ^_^

#4 Lujia

Lujia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationPilipinas
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

1. The starting gear is an event .. somehow the event is taking too long to end.
  2. The Ragnarok Costume hmm.. I'm not so sure about this but I think this one is from the ragnarok event where they implemented the "DSA x RAG: Shockwave (2012/7/25)" or known as "Worlds Collide" patch. (The set is not available anymore.(?) )
  3. The NA Dragonsaga has a low population now but there are EU/SEA players migrating to this server.. I expect more players :Emo_13: as for the "Where is everybody?" maybe they're only on town afk or chatting (or most of the players are sleeping from the time you logged on) and most of the players are end-game players because of the exp events lately~ you can do shout on trade to look for party.
  4. Yes you can just mail it to your desired character and keep it on your vault , Note: There are things that prohibited to transfer like soulbounded items and such. ; If you send the attached mail to the wrong person it will return to you if they don't get the attached mail so as the in-game name that doesn't exist.
  5. It is used on any Dungeon (F1) to get a set for your class or a weapon but you can use that on (F2) to get a chaotic set , chaotic set has a different set option than you get on F1 dungeons ..
  6. I'm not so sure about this~ :Emo_14:
  7. CP Farming is beginning quest for the 3rd job change you need to find 3 players to start the 2v2 pvp match on rankings~ its way more easier than collecting 200 Devil soul stone that you can get on hidden scrolls + 70k Achievement points (Medal)
  8. I'm not so sure about this , I'm a noob player :Emo_13:
  9. I can't :Emo_14:  I usually just chat when online.

So, why did everyone quit?

Some reasons. :rice:

Edited by Lujia, 23 March 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:48 AM

Really comprehensive answers!

Thank you so much! ^_^

I took my friend through the game today and leeched him to my level in the Water Temple, so you have two new, invested players at the very least.

I was also randomly challenged to PvP by some guy 9 levels below me and was summarily wrecked. That was very strange. Still fun though.

May I ask what brought on this event? It seems a bit excessive and doesn't give you the subtle kick up the butt necessary to hone your technical skills that many other games have. Perhaps it should have been made to feature an upper level cap to prevent use past Lv20 or so.

I dunno. My opinion is likely a bit ignorant due to my not having played DS for that long.

e: really though, where did all the NA players run off to?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 23 March 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#6 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

we're here, lurking in the shadows of neglect.

#7 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

I found an old install file for the game. Maybe I can patch up on it.

#8 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

DS seems to get little patches very frequently, not to mention the events. It's also nice to see an active CM presence here.

Are you referring to the neglect of balancing issues?

On RO, we're not able to touch skill functionality without the go-ahead of Gravity itself. Is it the same here?

#9 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

frequent patches? no. 

the patches you believe we're getting are for bugs brought on by recent patches to fix... you guessed it, other bugs.

it is a never ending cycle.

events are made up by our cm and they previously consisted of hide and seek etc. even though DS has it's own event system which, for some odd reason hasn't been used in the past year and a half and required minimal wp staff supervision.  they were also much more engaging. (this is not including yearly events, cookie, halloween, etc.)

bug fixes may take anywhere to a few weeks to months to get fixed. 

to be fairly honest, the main reason i stuck around was the competitive pvp, and even now that's gotten very dull for me.

hopefully these new players bring some challenges in pvp in the upcoming months as they stack their gear.

---

balancing issues? they're are a few but the gap vs cash players vs. non cash is not as large as before.

Element gear and resistance/attack ignore player stacked defense so it's somewhat evened out.  skill matters most, catching, locking, avoiding opponents is imperative to competitive pvp.  the one thing you will find in this game is, if you prefer to go into pvp, there are many builds to go about doing for any class, which is extremely fun to bring to fruition, though it may take you a few months. 

pvp is extremely addicting in this game, give it a shot.

--

as far as editing skills or any in-game content, anyone is free to suggest anything and everything they want. however, no guarantee is made in implementing said suggestions.  there have been numerous changes to ds due to players amassing opinions though implementation has taken months to years.

#10 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Awesome. Thank you for the feedback.

Hopefully with this new influx of players, the DS GMs will be more inclined to patch things up a bit faster.

And if we're able to suggest anything and everything, stay tuned for LOTS OF SUGGESTIONS once I manage to summarise and list them!

#11 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

I wish you luck in the game. I wish I could log in for a bit but the client doesn't work correctly for me so I just deleted the whole game. Pretty much one of the main reasons I quit along with some other things.

#12 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

• As stated prior, the starting gear was an event that has lasted a bit too long. We have requested to end it.
  • A few set gear can be obtained from running nearby dungeons, have a S score, and being lucky.
  • Most players crowd around in Port of the Winds. Megaphones should help you find parties though.
  • The Vending Machine in Port of the Winds! 
  • We have the power to create a handful of in-game events and change a few NPC's.
  • Regarding guides, they should have been updated after the big skill/stat change.
  • Maybe!

Welcome!

Hope to see you in-game~

#13 Zsashas

Zsashas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLibra
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

May I ask what brought on this event? It seems a bit excessive and doesn't give you the subtle kick up the butt necessary to hone your technical skills that many other games have. Perhaps it should have been made to feature an upper level cap to prevent use past Lv20 or so.

e: really though, where did all the NA players run off to?

This. The upper limit for the Magma Set for creation is, to me, an amazing idea. Make people work to get something better. Possibly have it stop working after first job change, so you would switch to the Fellowship set or something.

And the other thing, yea just about everyone I ever see in-game can't speak or even understand simple English, whether it's because they speak a different language, or they are just absolute idiots. More often the latter, sadly. It would be nice to find a guild, or hell, even a party, that I can have a decent conversation with...

#14 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

So, why did everyone quit?

You'll find out, soon enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users