1B Vending Limit? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

1B Vending Limit?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

[Renewed thread - Continued from old thread]

I won't speculate as to when, because that's not very scientific, but an ETA would be tantalizing.

Anyways, this would be awesome! Pretty sure it would make people eager to log in to check up on things.

As well as decongest Eden HQ, making it... a little more newbie friendly.

Back to you Tom

#2 YumiT

YumiT

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

Yes,that is very needed right now, with eden son full, even with chats that B/S ragial price items

#3 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

guild storage to hold zeny please

#4 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

2 b vending limit please~~~~  :rice:

#5 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

2 b vending limit please~~~~  :rice:

[...]

[Mod Edit= Please refrain from posting such images to troll/mock other players. Thanks.]

Edited by VolunteerMod12, 24 March 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

t really would clean up eden if the limit was raised. And I could stop vending ~130m items for 99m out of laziness.

#7 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

lmao true

#8 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

The idea behind necro-ing an old topic is to illustrate how long it has been since the issue had come up. apparently there is no concept of Redundancy on the forums.

The economy on chaos is messed up... anything of worth is well over the 100mil vend limit .... to not have this feature is just too hampering to the gameplay given the current economy ... those who cant spend hours with trade chat's , check forums constantly are for ever stuck in a cycle of under selling the items at throwaway prices .... and then having to  struggle to buy items of similar value from sellers who don't budge in their price....

It gives a fair sporting chance to buy ,sell at rates which are publically viewable/recorded with real competition.Meaning people would not have to sell items at atrociously low  prices out of desperation conversely those who insanely overprice an item would be able to get a verified actual going price to work with.

How hard can this actually be? to just increase the vending limit ... the shops would be disabled if the character zeny  limit is reached ... similar to how buy shops are not allowed to open if the weight limit exceeds the maximum weight capacity

#9 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

We been asking for this for years already. Please give us an eta.

#10 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Shops already won't let you buy something if it will put the seller over the zeny limit lol

#11 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Shops already won't let you buy something if it will put the seller over the zeny limit lol

WTF THEY DO?

then why don't we have this  already...

#12 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

[...]

[Mod Edit= Please refrain from posting such images to troll/mock other players. Thanks.]

:( ok..

2bn is a little excessive.

#13 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

Everyone will rejoice on the day the limit is increased, heck... even 100 mil would be better than 99990000z lol.

Not in a rush to get anywhere quick, but an educated timeline estimate would be pretty sweet, when time permits.

Maybe someone could press the issue on a Tiki Tuesday segment, since I can never attend those. :)

#14 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Not to burst your bubble or anthing, but iRO has alot of things to deal with currently.  They have blind bug, cooldown timer bug, warp portal not showing up in pront bug, cant bwing in eden lvl 1 bug, plus not to mention all the random dc'ing and lag issues that occur randomly.  I would like to see them increase the vend limit to 1b, but i dont see that happening anytime soon.

#15 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

Not to burst your bubble or anthing, but iRO has alot of things to deal with currently.  They have blind bug, cooldown timer bug, warp portal not showing up in pront bug, cant bwing in eden lvl 1 bug, plus not to mention all the random dc'ing and lag issues that occur randomly.  I would like to see them increase the vend limit to 1b, but i dont see that happening anytime soon.

moogle mebe you can bribe them with your cookies

#16 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

You mean these!?!!?

cookies.jpeg

NEVA!!!  *Engulfs cookies*

:p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love:

#17 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

it would involve changing an integer ( or whatever RO uses) to a longer integer, which means verifications of bit size are required for operations, and since this requires some change in code, we are screwed.

#18 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Not to burst your bubble or anthing, but iRO has alot of things to deal with currently.

Really? I was unaware.

Let's get some cookies going, surely that will help obtain feedback about the initial topic :)

Edited by Alicia, 24 March 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

The things you listed can all be worked around. Zeny cap keeps me from selling a lot of what I own, since I don't want to spend weeks semi-afk tabbing to RO to check a selling chatroom. I'd rather have zeny cap lifted (got to be like fifteen minutes to an hour at most to fix and test, code-wise) than any of the things you listed.

#20 NarueNiina

NarueNiina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

None of those problems are as game-changing as a problem that literally f**ks the economy of the entire server.
Except maybe the dc'ing.

#21 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

dont you have to re program teh whole game to allow surpassing of that limit?

#22 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Eden group, where most trades are performed above the maximum vending limit, is also a hub for scammers

and other forms of illegal activities, which is where every newbie in the game has to pass through - encouraging

the less strong minded to do the same, in turn. Just sayin'.

Here's what looks like an old photo, but it's just the smog from everyone peace piping and simply breathing in there.

(n.b: 90% of those have chats opened, covering up vital NPCs, but I removed them using Ctrl+F11 for this shot)

That's just half the room! That's not normal... (btw can you find Waldo? He's literally in there)

5ce47d36-6903-418d-9c57-a05bf661b03b_zps

Edited by Alicia, 24 March 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#23 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

i think you wont completely remove chats from eden,

people go there to show what they are buying and selling, and if eden is where the population goes,

then it would make sense to set up a chat where people will be likely to see them.

#24 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

I don't see them if close my eyes lol, I mean press Ctrl+F11, which I do eeertime.

Eden group looks like such a bad place that I pintch my nose and run through.

I ain't getting scammed in that dump.

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Is it though? I don't understand why there is a limit at all. What purpose does a limit serve besides irritating the player base? If you have too much zeny, you can't buy the item. So what's the problem?

Bigger numbers equal more complicated calculations you're forcing on the program, which leads to more irritating bugs and glitches in the game. Limits are meant to prevent the game from spiraling into chaos and disorder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users