• 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

nmng4o.png

Welcome to the Orlean Arena!

Think you got what it takes to become the number 1 Gladiator? Prove it in this all new Game Arena concept, THE ORLEAN ARENA!

In this mode teams of 2v2 or 3v3 will test their mettle for the coveted Legend of the Arena title! 

Distributed at the end of each month, the 1st 2nd and 3rd best performing Gladiator teams will be rewarded with a medal fitting their rank as well as have their IGN's posted to the in-game qeue info area in the proper Tier zones! Gold, Silver or Bronze medals can be used to purchase Legendary grade costumes and Functional Weapons!. These costumes cannot be aquired any other way then by being the winning monthly Gladiator Team!

Climb the rankings!

Matches will be recorded and added to a players Win / Loss ratio. Additionally total game counts will also be taken into account. At the end of the month the winners would be automatically rewarded their medals!

Season end Tournaments!

At the end of the 3 month season period, the top teams from each month will face off to really determine , WHO IS THE LORD OF THE ARENA! 

Bronze Tier will compete in Bronze Team Tournament.

Silver Tier will compete in Silver Team Tournament.

Gold Tier will compete in Gold Team Tournament.

Should a team be elected 2 or more End of the Month victors, They will be given the chance to fight in BOTH tiers they won! However they cannot fight twice in the same tier*

The winners of the Seasonal Tournament would be given a special costume and mount! Both affixed with a special Aura, displaying their dominance in combat!

At the end of the season, Rankings and Win / Loss ratios would be reset back to 0/0 and 0 rank.

Ranking would be acquired in the following manner.

+2 for a win.

+0 for a Stalemate / Draw

-1 for a loss.

Rank should not go below 0.

Qeue System~

Qeueing for the Orlean Arena would be exactly the same as any other Game Arena qeue.

1j8c4w.png

Simply open the Game Arena interface, if you are already not in a Group, you will be prompted to make a group. 

Click the "Arena" tab, then select your mode, 2v2 or 3v3 Team Death Match.

• Qeue costs are 500 energy p/ -Accepted- qeue. 
  • The reward for winning the match is 25 honor, 35 if premium as well as a Victor's Emblem.
  • The losing team gets NOTHING
  • Victor's Emblem's can be used to purchase new Arena weapons, and Armors.

Additional Details~

What benefit does this have over the pre-existing Game Arena modes for PvP?

• Smaller team comps allow for much faster qeueing and match making. Games can be initiated with only 4 people in qeue
  • Smaller team comps also allow and encourage self sufficient builds. This will allow for customized builds, team class combo's, and many other customization choices.
  • Team comp not have a cleric? Your choice, but remember, PvP buff pots are available. To use them, or not is entirely up to you. Is victory worth everything?
  • This game made will support more PvM actions! How? Simple, 10 valor gives you 500 energy, want more qeue's? Do valor quests! 
  • Additional Revenue for ROSE and it's development! The premium membership allows for unlimited energy. This means more qeues, in order to gain rank, you must win, but if you just want to have an all out brawl-athon in the Arena with your buddy(s) GO FOR IT!

Lore

Spoiler

Additional Support Systems~

I'd like to see a Character Inspect feature added. To view a players Rank, Equipment etc. This info window should NOT display a characters Stat points. It is only to allow players to truly get a better sense of how capable this person is, and allow Elite players to be selective about their team mates!

So there you have it, the Basis for what I could see as an all out smashing good time for our PvP players. 

I'm well aware of some limitations we currently have. The Mode itself can already be implemented! The Character Inspection window would need new coding, same with the new Victor's Emblems. This would also require a new Arena map, and new costumes + Weapons be designed. I can assist in the Equipment myself easily, and maybe even some of you can help. The rest would be a matter of time, and necessity.

As a final note to Leonis, Genesis and other staff who may be viewing this thread. Message me if you have questions! I can safely say after taking a Poll from 60 players in game, the vote was unanimous among PvP enthusiast., They WANT THIS BAD! Not only that, it can be a great boost in revenue for Prem subscriptions for Unlimited Qeueing purposes. 

I hope much consideration is had at HQ over this. 

Now time for the Debates, tweaking and objective criticism to take place. Let's all remember one thing, we all want new content, so let's see how far we can push the idea, and find out how solid it is, and what flaws it contains. Let it begin. 

~Feuer

Edited by Feuer, 29 September 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#2 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

+1 Everywhere in my face. Except, unfortunately, for one part in the Character Inspection. It shouldn't show Equipment. For me, people should be reserved the right to protect the confidentiality of their gears and all. Maybe, a function where people can set their gears to be viewable by others or not. And it shouldn't be in general. What I mean is, if a player chooses to reveal their weapon, only the weapon will be shown when another chooses to inspect. If he chooses to reveal the chest item and the necklace, then only those two would be visible to any inspector.

Oh and, about the Cross Server competition. I hope it's... Well.. Can be done. Haha. :hinthint:

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

Gear is easily changes, and probly quite often before and after fights~ Showing gear really isn't a huge deal as some people make it out to be. ;) Remember Ahya, I guess 90% of your EQ slots on the first go around, just from fighting you 2-3 times. 

I get the point for confidentiality with build, but gear being what it is as so frequently moved around, it's something to necessarily "guard with your life". :D But I'll respect your stance. 

#4 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

Well, it's really quite a big deal to me. :( Hahahaha. Thanks for that and btw, I don't switch gears just to win. I stick to one and one alone, for every case scenario I have to face or be in. Hahahaha. I do hope this thing gets pushed and.. Applied? Hahaha.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:13 AM

It can be done. It's called porting the character data for all team into 1 server -call it Gladius for referance sake- Then all the team log into the same touney server. The Touney would be hosted in the TG or even manually in the Arena map. 

Heck, the Tourney's could even be live streamed for Advertisement purposes~ and hopefully attracting new players. 

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

It can be done. It's called porting the character data for all team into 1 server -call it Gladius for referance sake- Then all the team log into the same touney server. The Touney would be hosted in the TG or even manually in the Arena map. 

Heck, the Tourney's could even be live streamed for Advertisement purposes~ and hopefully attracting new players. 

+1 this idea!

#7 Mechan1c

Mechan1c

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

+1 , I would like for this idea to be implemented in-game. 

#8 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Sounds like a great idea, i think idea's like this have been existing for a long while, hope with your help this can happen!

#9 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Gave a similar suggestion awhile ago (2v2/3v3), and I think (not sure) leonis said he would think about it.

Would be impressed if they actually make a ranking system though...

#10 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

The only problem I can see with any of this, is actually getting people to do it. Our player base seems to be shrinking. I think a system like this would not have any problems, but then CD may go the route of DP and AA, in that no one would sign up for it anymore. We already have two games that rarely ever go, do we really need another one?

#11 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

I think 3v3 and 2v2 is completely possible because it's never been hard to gather people once you talk your friends into it, it will be a new way of playing the game because you'll focus more on what 2 or 3 classes work the best together, kind of clash of titans? I think people would enjoy it. It's one thing to gather people for akram arena... but I feel like this is realistic. Although I can get your viewpoint, if there's less players already I can see what you mean because I'm not currently playing either.

#12 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

Hmmm seems like u invite u friends to do this type of game arena n both training themselfs + earning honor (winner only MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH), seems epic for train in peace than maybe get pked in training ground (who knows ;o) i like the idea but for me do this kind of arena means i will lose everytime xDDD

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

Aye but we're already having issues with CD's if the active players here haven't noticed. Not the volume of games, but the number of games where teams are stable. 

In a 2v2 / 3v3 environment, the teams can be controlled easier by the qeueing members. You know who's on your team. 

Should for some reason CD's popularity drop in the event that this does get implemented, it won't be a far cry less then the wars people do now anyway. Seems like wars are vastly more popular then CD matches. 

So in the end it would all equal out. 

The only issue I did overlook is the fact that new players in the pvp world would have a very hard time starting. So perhaps a modification should be made to the idea that

there is 2 types of qeue: 

2v2 & 3v3 ranked

2v2 & 3v3 un-ranked

The veteran / pvp enthusiasts would undoubtedly go for the ranked matches, while beginners could start their trials in the un-ranked. 

Ranked rewards would receive full benefit, [honor, victor emblems & ranking adjustment] while unranked would strictly reward honor to the winning team. 

This would level the playing field for newbies / undergeared matches and separate the higher demand pvp fans. 

#14 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

The only issue I did overlook is the fact that new players in the pvp world would have a very hard time starting. So perhaps a modification should be made to the idea that

there is 2 types of qeue: 

2v2 & 3v3 ranked

2v2 & 3v3 un-ranked

The veteran / pvp enthusiasts would undoubtedly go for the ranked matches, while beginners could start their trials in the un-ranked. 

Ranked rewards would receive full benefit, [honor, victor emblems & ranking adjustment] while unranked would strictly reward honor to the winning team. 

This would level the playing field for newbies / undergeared matches and separate the higher demand pvp fans. 

And then there'll be a bunch of trolls that do unranked just to mess with beginners. 

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Just like there are trolls that PK in Ruins, and trolls back in DoD times. There's always that aspect, it's completely unavoidable. 

Newbies these days already struggle in the current CD games. 

Altho, I've often wondered, is a lower ranked CD game was played, is the point cap still the same? And, could the cap be achieved? Makes me wonder if perhaps twinks could become a thing for ROSE xD

Edited by Feuer, 30 March 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#16 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

I think 3v3 and 2v2 is completely possible because it's never been hard to gather people once you talk your friends into it, it will be a new way of playing the game because you'll focus more on what 2 or 3 classes work the best together, kind of clash of titans? I think people would enjoy it. It's one thing to gather people for akram arena... but I feel like this is realistic. Although I can get your viewpoint, if there's less players already I can see what you mean because I'm not currently playing either.

I think you misunderstood me. I totally think the 2v2/ 3v3 thing would go. I can very easily see it becoming the favorite also. What I am saying is, that if this would be implemented, it is entirely possible CD would end up going the route of DP and AA. But perhaps it would be for the better. I certainly would be willing to try it out. And of course the question would still be, what about clerics?

#17 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

Ohhh sorry I was quite tired when I read that, I get you now =)
Well personally I don't find it to be an issue because if Rose is quite low in population, the games would be more frequent, and however once they start advertising more (which I've heard rumors about... is planned?) The population might jump again for the other ideas to start.. Just speculations.
I simply adore the idea of 2v2 and 3v3 way too much, as I've tried it in other games as well.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:33 AM

It's an incredibly profitable and entertaining style of PvP, as I too have done games like that on other titles. And I absolutely agree that there's the possibility that CD's would drop in qeue rates. 

However assuming we do start Live streaming via twitch TV or other platforms, would could start to see an increase in registered players. Not only that, I believe you can add Twitch Channels in Steam now? So that would also give us a larger advertisement base, and not only larger, in a gamers environment that is massive populated. 

Steam users love to play titles with small scale fast paced team pvp. I see it alot with MOBA games and small Arena style games. And if the population does jump up form it, then  CD qeues would start forming again as well. Which would be entirely effing awesome to have both large scale and small scale games running simultaneously. 

So yeah, I see how it could impact CD in a negative way, but I see the Arena greatly improving PvP GA qeues in total. 

#19 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

I'm for it, let's do this! :no1:

#20 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

Great idea, well done.  Support from me

#21 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

Yeah, as of now I wouldn't stream rose online .. no offense to the devs, but there's really nothing to stream. 2v2 and 3v3 makes great streams.

#22 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

We do intend on adding arena style game modes in the future, and this proposal covers the basis of what we'd likely want to do, but there are a couple of factors I'd like to comment on and something for you to keep in mind when expanding on your proposal:

Cross server design
This is unlikely to happen. The logistics of getting this to work with ROSE's existing infrastructure would take more development time than we could afford to dedicate in the forseeable future. There is a greater chance of the servers being merged before this becomes an option.

Reward abuse
It is not unheard of for teams to collude with each other with the intent of farming rewards in the most efficient way possible. The old clan war system was fundamentally flawed in this way. Draconis Peaks also suffers with this to an extent where teams work together to ensure that everyone gets their badges for the dragon mounts. The trend that I've noticed is that the more static rewards are, the more likely this type of collusion will happen, and because of that, I'd rather that rewards given from these kinds of games are not static in nature, and potentially have other limitations that come along with them, such as diminishing rewards as more games are played over a short period of time, diminishing rewards when playing against the same opponents over a short period of time, or something else that will alleviate potential abuse.

Edited by Genesis, 12 April 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

The cross server event's I was hoping came acrosed as a manual event. Something hosted to PEgasus or some other small Server structure meant strictly for the Tourney's. 

As for the Reward system, yes. You're absolutely right, and I remember that abuse occuring, and it broke my heart that it lead to the official ClanWar system being removed. So preventing that is definitely something I'll give thought to. 

#24 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

I think the rewards shouldn't be items, they should be rankings. Then you'll fight your best to have a high arena rating, if you know what I mean.  Instead of a simple ranking system. When you're in the "top tier" ratings, you should have a title that goes above your clan name if you're in a clan that is, ex:

<Master ranking>

<Senior ranking>
<Junior ranking>

Ex: Let's say your rating is C - and then when you que someone with the rating C will play VS you.

If you're about to level up to rating you can meet someone in the rating B whilst still being rating C.
^ That will of course be numbers instead, but it's just simplified so it's easy to get.

I'm thinking that the rating will depend on how much points you score each arena match, so that will depend on how much healing is done,

along with damage etc (like the current arena system, I haven't played enough lately to give good examples though.)

Every time you loose a match though, you should loose points.

So if you're in rating B whilst meeting someone in rating C you loose less points than if you would meet someone that was up in rating A (final stage, top tier), because you're higher up than them.

A vs B = Loose 32 points

B vs C = Loose 20 points

^etc.

To make it into a challenge, you should always loose more points than gain points, so you have to work to get where you want.

The maximum points gained and lost shouldn't be more than 32 points, to keep it simple.

So basically you'll have the amount of points to know where in the rank you're standing.

Just an idea (:

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

While I like this, noone will be investing time or energy to gain ranking. And without a physical gain, we wouldn't attract new players either. 

The way I see it is

[tier 1]

Rank til required amount

Items available based on required new tier + currency

[tier 2]

Rank required til amount met

Items upgrades available based on required new tier + currency

[tier 3]

Rank required til amount met

Items upgrades available based on required new tier + currency

[tier 4]

Bonus "masters" tier, rank + title benefits only.

I would see this as a dynamic ladder, capable of entertaining players, retaining them, providing rewards, and giving visual appeals. 

Take a look at things that are currently cosmetic in game. that ARENT costumes lol. Noone goes out of their way to farm the event offhands, or collect them. And the few cosmetic things we have like CG's barely anyone cares to do it unless they're so bored they don't have anything else to do. I'd rather not see a bunch of effort put into something for a strictly cosmetic reason. 

Every type of player plays the game for a reward. PvM / PvP / Questers, they're all in search of that next piece of rare loot, or treasure. That's what the purpose is, explore, gain power, find treasures, make friends and lastly gain fame. [But to gain fame you kinda gotta do the others first, or spend a LARGE amount of time just... talking  a lot]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users