Questions: Homun behaviour and Cart Boost->Homun - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions: Homun behaviour and Cart Boost->Homun

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hello! I have two questions:

1) Cart Boost: You guys have told me that I have to use Cart Boost before I summon my homun so it'll run/fly faster. The question is: does the level of Cart Boost affect her speed (like it affects the owner). Or, homun wise, is it the same whichever skill level?

EDIT: I ask this because I only have CB lv 1. Getting the extra job levels in a 103 gen with no gear is a pain in the neck and I'd like to know before hand, so if it makes no difference, I won't bother leveling him for the moment.

2) Picture my Sera in a mob of Zenorcs and Chonchons. After killing one Zenorc... she flies back next to me, and then goes back to the mob, kills another one, rinse and repeat. She loses precious time, instead of just killing them back to back. If there's a way, how do I fix that?

Thanks in advance  :p_smile:

Edited by Snorlitax, 25 March 2014 - 08:53 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

1. Homun base movement speed is the movement speed of the owner at the moment they were last summoned (or relog/etc, other things that make the homun's actor ID change). 

2. That's not supposed to happen. Make sure you are using latest version of the AI, and follow these instructions if you are:

To create a traceai:
1. In RO folder, delete AAIStartH.txt, all AAI_*.log files, and TraceAI.txt 
2. Get ready to reproduce the problem
3. Type /traceai
4. Allow homun to demonstrate bad behavior (don't run this for longer than needed to demonstrate the problem, probably no longer than 30 seconds)
5. Type /traceai again
6. zip up TraceAI.txt, AAI_*.log, and AAIStartH.txt from your RO folder, send them to me (upload to your favorite free file hosting site, or pm me for my email address)

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 March 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#3 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Ok, I did that, but now I only have a TraceAI.txt, there's no in AAI_*.log, or AAIStartH.txt  in my RO folder. What should I do? Zip only the TraceAI.txt I have?

Edited by Snorlitax, 25 March 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Oh, then what AI are you using? 

If there's no AAIStartH.txt, you're not using my AI (sorry for jumping to conclusions) - You should post the trace, but you should direct it to the developer of the custom AI you are using. 

If you are using the default AI, it sucks; don't expect good behavior from it. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 March 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

I'm using yours of course! The last one, or so I think (1.541). I had the AAIStartH, but in the first step you gave me, you told me to delete it along with other folders. Then I made the traceai, but the others didn't recover...

Maybe it's because I didn't restart my client?  :dunno: 

Now I get another thing I don't want: sometimes she finishes killing the monster she's fighting before rescuing me. I think it wasn't that way before, she would drop every monster to come save me. Maybe I messed up the settings? :p_ang:

EDIT: Ok, I relogged today, and they are there. So it was due to not relogging I think. Please add a warning for dummies at step 2 =P
I'll restart the process now.

Edited by Snorlitax, 26 March 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

Oh, yeah, it is only created when you summon homun. So if homun is already out when they are deleted, it won't be there unless there is a relog/map change/etc. . Will amend the instructions I give.

#7 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

Ahh, I understand. So, do I need to do it all over again from scratch? Or can I just vaporize and summon and send you that one? =P 

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

Ahh, I understand. So, do I need to do it all over again from scratch? Or can I just vaporize and summon and send you that one? =P 

That's fine. 

There are two reasons I ask for AAIStartH.txt - First, ~50% of inquiries are install problems, this catches them before I waste time debugging. Secondly, it tells me exactly what versions of each file are there. 

The AAI_*.log files are only created if the AI encounters certain circumstances, it is okay if these files are not present.

I'm investigating the trace you sent me. What map was it on? 

If this build works, use this instead: http://drazzy.com/ai...I 1.543test.zip

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 March 2014 - 05:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users