Reinforcing, Enchanting, Compounding, Reducing guide - Game Resources - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Reinforcing, Enchanting, Compounding, Reducing guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

For the sake of keeping everything in one thread, I'll be copy/paste'ing Sakana's reinforcement guide. <3

Requiem: Memento Mori Reinforcement System

Many changes came with the Season 2 update for Requiem: Memento Mori, including a change in the weapon and armor upgrading system.

Compounding will slowly be phased out of the game and all items can be upgraded through this new Reinforcement System.

All weapons, armors, and accessories now have a +0 in front of the name, this represents the stage of reinforcement that the item is at. An item can be upgraded to a maximum of +30 and your chances of succeeding grow slimmer the higher you go.
Here is the Reinforcement window which can be accessed through the Reinforcement Manager NPC:

Posted Image

A list of values are shown on the lower part of the window, there are 4 different values.

1. Success Rate â?? This is the % chance that you have of successfully Reinforcing an item. The higher the level of reinforcing, the lower the success rate.
2. Deterioration Rate â?? This is the % chance that you have that an itemâ??s reinforcement level will drop down to a lower number in the case that you donâ??t succeed.
3. Deterioration Limits â?? This is the max number of reinforcement levels that an item can be lowered in the case that your item deteriorates after a failure.
4. Break Rate â?? This is the % chance that an item can be destroyed in the case of a failed reinforcement.

Once you place the item you would like to Reinforce into the first slot, the window will show the number of Basic Xeons required to upgrade the item along with the chance values and the cost to upgrade:

Posted Image

You then drag the Basic Xeons into the 2nd slot where the correct number of xeons will automatically be placed in the slot. Once the correct xeons are placed in the slot, the image of a successful upgrade will show to the left of the window:

Posted Image

The altered values from the successful upgrade will show in parentheses next to the default base values of the item.
Once you click OK, some cards will appear to let you choose in this game of chance, the higher levels will have more cards for an even lesser chance of succeeding:

Posted Image
Posted Image

If successful or if the item deteriorated, it will become available in your bag. If the item was failed and was destroyed, the item will be deleted.

Item Mall Items

In the Item Mall, there are some new items that can be used to improve your chances at reinforcing by placing these items in one of the last 3 slots.

Reinforcement Success Rate Increase Coupon â?? Increases the rate of success by 10%.

Reinforcement Insurance â?? Prevents an item from breaking from a reinforcement failure.

Posted Image

Edited by Loyalty1, 04 November 2010 - 02:41 PM.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Requiem: Memento Mori Enchantment System

While reinforcing will increase the basic stats/damage/defense of an item, with enchanting, you can add the stat or effect you want as long as you have free enchant slots.

Let's take those Acer Dual Swords as an exemple. There is currently no enchants on them and if we wanted, we could enchant them one time maximum. ''Enchanting Stage 0/1''
Posted Image

There is different kind of enchants; some are for ornaments only, some are for armors only and some others are for weapon only. You will know just by looking at the Xeon.
Posted Image

There is also 2 kind of Xeons; stats Xeons like the Ruinhorn's Claw above which give ''Magic Damage 6.0 - 6.0'' and there is special skill Xeons which will give a special effect or buff like this:
Posted Image

This one will give an extra 15% Skill Critical for 20 seconds randomly. Only one skill Xeon can be enchanted on an item at a time. Basically, one skill Xeon can be enchanted and as many stats Xeons as you want as long as there is free enchanting slots.

To enchant an item, you will need to visit an Enchant NPC (usually close to the Reinforcement npc in a blacksmith shop). The enchanting window will appear.
Posted Image

Similar to how you reinforce;

• You will need to insert the item you want to enchant in the first slot
  • followed by the skill or stat Xeon you wish to insert in the item in the second slot
  • then the Basic Xeons (Simple Basic Xeons if your item is Ordinary, Supernus Basic Xeons if your item is Supernus, etc) in the third slot
  • the fourth slot is for Cash Shop coupons which will increase the % success. You're not forced to use one.
Posted Image

We can see here that I have 100% chance to enchant 7 CON and 15 Long Range Defense to this piece of armor.

The first enchant on an item is 100% success chance.
The second enchant is 90%
The third enchant is 70%
The fourth enchant is 50%
The fifth enchant is 30%
The sixth enchant is 20%
The seventh enchant is 10%..

Higher level is your item, more enchanting slots it has.

*Note; there is enchanting events sometime which will increase your % success rate; and it stacks with the 10% enchanting success rate increase coupons from the Cash Shop.

Edited by Loyalty1, 08 October 2011 - 04:40 AM.

#3 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Requiem: Memento Mori Compounding System

In S2, there is not much Compounding anymore, it's an outdated system. But you can still Compound Basic Xeons into better Xeons. You will find a Compound NPC close to the other crafting NPCs.
Posted Image

This window will open when you talk to a Compound NPC. Here you have many choices but basically, you insert 2 times an equal amount of Xeons to compound them into an higher grade.

Posted Image

Here I took 2x 100 Simple Basic Xeons to try and compound them into 100 Supernus Xeons. 70% success chance for Simple ---> Supernus and 51k lants. A bit expensive. x-x

You can do the same with all grades.

Simple ---> Supernus
Supernus ---> Eximius
Eximius ---> Rare
Rare ---> Carus
Carus ---> Mysterious

Requiem: Memento Mori Reducing System

Reducing is to take an item and destroy it to get Basic Xeons out of it; it's the best way to get Basic Xeons. You have 2 ways to reduce; with a Reduction NPC (he's usually close to the other crafting NPCs too) and with a Reduction Tool from the Cash Shop. Here is the Reduction window which will appear:
Posted Image

it's very simple. You simply insert the item you want to reduce in the first slot, which will give this with a Supernus item:
Posted Image

If I press ''OK'', the item will be reduced after a few seconds and I will get some Simple Basic Xeons and a good shot at the Supernus Basic Xeons.

*Note, the Item Reduction Tool from the Cash Shop is recommended (Cost 200 Item mall points for 30 days) since it will save you a LOT of Lant (Reducing with a Tool will cost you 0 Lant plus you will be able to reduce wherever you want).

Edited by Loyalty1, 08 October 2011 - 04:40 AM.

#4 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

before you head off to the forge, don't forget to whip up your lucky xenoa liver frappucino.

#5 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

If there's any typos or things I forgot to add, feel free to tell me! :P

#6 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Cos I'm bored....

Here I took 2x 100 Simple Basic Xeons to try and compound them into 100 Supernus Xeons. 70% success chance for Simple ---> Suoernus and 51k lants. A bit expensive. x-x

.... Suoernus typo.

Anyways, nicely done, like it!

You must be more bored than I am x.x

#7 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

Done, thank you! :P

Not really bored. x-x

It's more to reduce the extreme spam I receive daily about questions. :P

#8 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

"The first enchant on an item is 100% success chance." some items start at 9x, from 0 to +1!

#9 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

"The first enchant on an item is 100% success chance." some items start at 9x, from 0 to +1!

Enchant, not reinforcement Nukie. :3

#10 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

oh my bad!

#11 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

Grammar Nazee

#12 Reeko

Reeko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHerne,Germany

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

that items only break when an item fails must be wrong...i broke an item with 110% success so...^^

#13 Ignus

Ignus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:57 AM

How does the enchanting restoration xeon from IM work? Do I have to use it after the enchanting fail or can I try enchanting some more and restore fails later?

#14 Sakana

Sakana

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2034 posts
  • LocationCenter of Gravity
  • Server:Jericho

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:12 AM

How does the enchanting restoration xeon from IM work? Do I have to use it after the enchanting fail or can I try enchanting some more and restore fails later?

It will remove one enchant fail at a time at anytime, so you can enchant all the way up and have more than 1 fail and then choose to use it to remove 1 fail at a time

#15 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

Hm

#16 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thank you, I found this very useful. :dunno:

#17 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have a question... I was reading FloorMatt's guide on Commi building and he mentions something about having more than 10 buffs and making sure that a particular buff activates last so that it's not negated by another player's skill (when pk'ing). Is there some sort of order to when your armour or ornament enchantment skills activate (ie: first the weapon, next the shield, next the upper armour, etc)?

After reading this thread I realise that I've been completely misusing skill enchantments and wasting them, but I had assumed that they were all randomly activated.

Sorry if this is a noobie question, I'm still learning.

#18 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

I have a question... I was reading FloorMatt's guide on Commi building and he mentions something about having more than 10 buffs and making sure that a particular buff activates last so that it's not negated by another player's skill (when pk'ing). Is there some sort of order to when your armour or ornament enchantment skills activate (ie: first the weapon, next the shield, next the upper armour, etc)?

After reading this thread I realise that I've been completely misusing skill enchantments and wasting them, but I had assumed that they were all randomly activated.

Sorry if this is a noobie question, I'm still learning.

armor , shield , ornament buffs need to be activated manually.
only weapon buffs/debuffs activate automatically.

#19 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

Thank you for that. ;) I have to replace all my armour, as I've severely misunderstood this process, and stuffed up monumentally. :dunno:
Ah well. :)

#20 TDXA

TDXA

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I still dont get how to manually activate the armor/ornament buffs.
I cant hotkey them - could anybody please explain?
Thank you!

#21 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I still dont get how to manually activate the armor/ornament buffs.
I cant hotkey them - could anybody please explain?
Thank you!

if you have some buffs enchants in your armor that are activated manually you can find them in Skill (K) there will be a button [Equipment] from there drag the buff icons and drag to your shortcut bar :)

#22 Kerkie27

Kerkie27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:01 PM

Can someone tell me where to find the Fallen Kensis Pog ? for compounding.

#23 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:47 AM

Can someone tell me where to find the Fallen Kensis Pog ? for compounding.

why you necropost?

#24 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Considering this is a guide for reinforcing and compounding, this is supposed to be pinned and not necroable.
His post is off topic, but so is yours. Except he made a mistake. You just an apple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users