Taekwon 3rd Class Idea - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Taekwon 3rd Class Idea

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hello Everyone,

I know folks have kind of dropped the TKMs due to:

1) Lack of 3rd class

2) Lack of 150 level max

3) Nerfing of Cosmos skillsets

Here are some ideas to revitalize the class.

Name Suggestions:

1) TaeKwon Elder: similar to a village elder of a particular art.  

2) TaeKwon Grand Master: the black belt ranks often go...teacher/instructor, master, and grand master, so this would be a next logical progression.

Skills Suggestions (doesn't have to be everything):

1) Add take down moves (For added damage). For example, just like when you had to learn Flying Kick to learn Tumbling; a person you could learn the specific block (Upper Block) and then a respective take-down move. This adds another dimension to the class while doing added damage, but is NOT a buff. So, when you are attacking you would see something like "Upper Block" then "Arm Throw". This could have the same effect of pushing a monster back like the "heat skill" but the respective damage could be adjusted by GMs if they ever saw it being abused so it's flexible for the future.

2) Add some hand movements. This will still keep them different from the Monk class. The traditional forms of TK use hand movements unlike many of the Olympic styles which focus on kicks only. 

3) Different weapons (e.g. nunchuks, bo staff). I am still scratching my head and trying to figure out how any true martial artist would fight with a book. It's just utterly silliness. Not too many folks would watch a Martial Arts movie like that...unless it had someone like Bruce Lee :-)

4) Drop the Heat, Wrath, blessing skills as they are only good on 3 maps (major de-motivator). Recommend the addition of the 3 Cosmos environments to attacks we already have. An example is a Solar Tornado Kick or Stellar Counter-Kick. This would be like a buff but it would only add a little damage and could not be used immediately since the kicks are picked at random when you melee fight. They would NOT be limited to maps of course.

Storyline: as a TaeKwon Elder, the TaeKwon Master explores the roots/history into greater detail to learn the origins of the style and the influence nature has on it (This would be a job change quest). This goes above an beyond the whole Solar, Lunar, and Stellar areas which got nerfed. Basically, you could say you have succeeded the Grand Master or Elder of a dojang...or school for short.

Job Change Quest: represents the culmination of everything learned in the TaeKwondo art. I say this because the final test is over EVERYTHING in order to get it and is a very long test. Just like Hooyun, the first guide could be a Grand Master at a school who directs you to an etheral plain like Heaven which is represented in the martial art.

Items to Collect: things that represent the  Kwaes (divination signs) such as 2 heavenly bodies, 3 natural resources, 2 plants and 3 animals.

Movement Test: Possibly have the Grand Master in the ethereal plain require a combination of movement tests (which you can take as many times) which progressively gets faster towards the end showing the culmination of everything learned, e.g. kicks, stances...etc. Again, just a thought to add dimension and diversity to the class.

Knowledge Check: this is just for S&Gs, basically put something in which asks what the items you gathered represent...

Added Features:

1) Become a school leader. Basically, when you hit your 3rd class you have the ability to train other Taekwondo characters through a system. Additionally, if we have levels for the skills why not add belts and make it more realistic. This way your costume changes.

**Of course I would never imagine leaving other classes out. The other classes would have a school within their respective town and not just the beginner one in Prontera or a single NPC.

In Conclusion....

So that's everything I can think of at this time. I am not the end-all-be-all to the class. My only goal is to revitalize the class and I've always found ideas get more done than complaining. So, please don't flame me. I would only ask that you add your comments for a consolidated and concise response for the GMs for submission to Gravity.  Thanks again everyone and here's to wishing for a 3rd TK class modification :-) <fingers-crossed>

#2 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hey,

So while out today I got to thinking about the training system how it could be implemented.

Goal: act as a community building and mentorship of players of the same class.

Implementation: the TaeKwon Elder/Grand Master would party with people of the same class and perform missions/train. This is where the dojang comes into play. There would be a special school indicator from the status bar, similar to experience. This formula could be based on the job level and class of the person they are helping AND how much they help them progress through the game. For example, the lower the level but the harder the monster/question/item gathering the more school contribution points the TKE/TKGM would get. Of course there's nothing like a little school rivalry...again watch the martial arts movies. The GMs could host school battle competitions again each other as a special event.

Reward: When enough training points are earned by the TaeKwondo Elder/Grand Master they could see an image of an Angel with the Sun, Moon, Stars on her saying something like, "You have fulfilled the teachings and performed honorably. Received a blessing from the Heavens." The TaeKwondo character would then receive a Scroll of Cosmic Alignment.  The Scroll of Cosmic Alignment would have a description of "the Sun has become brighter, the Moon has eclipsed the Sun, and the stars have align into a constellation of "X" Godly deity." The scroll would cause multiple, but weaker buffs similar to the Heat, Wrath, and Blessings but only last 1-2 hours (GM determined). The bonus would be it could be used anywhere and used across multiple maps. However, to make it even. Only ONE scroll could be collected at a time. Additionally, the scroll would be character restricted to one TaeKwondo Elder/Grand Master and could be not given it to another TKE/TKGM.

Another thought for the scroll is to have it be a Heavens Blessing scroll (generic name for any class). For the TKE/TKGM, it would provide the Heat, Wrath, Blessing and Protection automatically but do it based on the original day restriction...Odd, even or fifth day to determine which type it would be Solar, Lunar, or Stellar. However, again the character would be able to do that for 1-2 hours across multiple maps.

These are just thoughts to try and improve the game to some extent.

-Sladeero

#3 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I posted. So, after reviewing the chat it looks like (slim) there may be an upgrade based on the way the expanded classes are going (just a rumor). Therefore I am going to put some more ideas which have come to my mind.

UPDATES in BLUE

Rebirth Second Class:

Name: Grand Master (still think this would be cool)

Sprite: Black Gi with orange-like border around it.

Attributes: increased

Rebirth Third Class:

Name: Celestial Protector (CP)...someone posted this a while back and it really fits and I like it :-)

Sprite: Martial Arts uniform but add a cloak with celestial symbols on it.

Armor: Cloths, such as those used on Saint Seiya. I am not trying to rip them off but the Zodiac charcters use that power to burn their cosmos and enhance their skills. I do not see why similar armors can't be used to enhance the skill sets of the characters. Don't get me wrong, they would be at or below the level of those Brynhild armors. You would have to acquire rare items to create them such as on a mission with people. The current Zodiac tiaras and crowns could possibly be used along with this.

Just in case folks do not know Saint Seiya...

Opening #1 https://www.youtube....h?v=Bu533OKYHyc

Opening #2 https://www.youtube....h?v=GtYClR8rmZk

Possible Skills:

1) Falling Stars- executes a devastating barrage (AoE) attack similar to a meteor show. After executing this attack there is a 5 sec cooldown.

2) Luna Tears- provides kick chain capability. The number of levels (1-5) determines how many kicks can be chained after each other. Skill has to be cast after each kick chain (for balance).

3)  Cosmic Alignment- buff like skill which enables improvement in ATK (Sun)/AGI (Stars)/ DEF (Moon) by a small % based on the day of the week and follows the same rules as previous cosmic timelines under the Taekwon Master job.

4) Zodiac alignment- in keeping with the armor theme a Celestial Protector could possibly align to 1-5 significant Zodiac constellations (skill level 1-5). Let's say the constellation would be permanent just like the Heat skills are and would require a similar tedious trick to undue it. Each constellation would bestow certain attributes or enhancements based on what type of CP build the person would want.

5) Gravity Driver- inflict average damage but based on the level (1-5) has a percent capability to inflict the "slow" status...I forget what it's called. It's like when that grim reaper icon shows up and you slow down. Instead there would be some type of wavy lines or distressed icon show that the character would be impaired.

6) Big Bang (Think beginning of the universe)- a single sudden blast of light taking on power thought to be used in creating the universe. This would be a skill similar in fashion to a Royal Guard's Vanishing Point (single attach enemy) but be like an end of character skill like Genesis Ray....it would take lots of skill points from other things in order to get it. It would also cost lots of SP to use.

7) Meditation- passive or active skill which increases the hit of attacks...possibly only certain one.

8) SuperNova- massive AoE attack which hurts enemies but also does damage on character...similar to Grand Cross. Number of levels (1-10) would increase damage by 1% while decreasing dmg to character by 1 %.

9) Astral Projection- provides the ability to give 1 other player a special TK/TKM/Celestial Protector attribute, however the originating TK/TKM/CP character loses % of HP/SP immediately (e.g. 50%).

10) Eclipse(s)- Solar Eclipse: increase atk in place of def....Lunar Eclipse: increase def in place of atk. In other words when atk goes up def goes down and vice versa. Based on developers this could be used as a buff on party characters.

I'll continue to update this post as ideas come. As soon as we can get some decent images of concept art we will try to post those as well.

Edited by Sladeero, 12 March 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#4 Baretto

Baretto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCornwall, UK

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

I like the ideas! I never really thought about them because of the lack of end game. You have to put a lot of time in then can't go as far as everyone else (currently).

I don't really know the class but you seem to have put a lot of thought into it, the only thing I could say that is a bit iffy is the current idea of the schools.

It's pretty much a leveling service for lower levels (unless I misunderstood something). Also the further the level of the monster from the player, the less exp they will receive, then you have the party level limit of 10 from highest to lowest to share exp. - Don't get me wrong I like the idea of the schools, (a mentor system) I mean if you could drop the mentors level to the player in training, that might make sense? Also you could have it like the homunculus, where depending on the damage done by the mentor you lose exp (for this probably both -  else you're going to get afk just multiboxing).

The idea could work across class (taekwon dojo, thieves guild, mage guild etc.) all in their respective buildings (would bring more use to these now). - Also add in quests to increase a standing with the guild, requiring a mixture of different mentored xp and standing, to get rewards and buy buffs or mercenary's or something?

Just a quick rushed out idea, of maybe a more balanced idea for the schools.

The jobs sound interesting though, I like the idea of the block and throw combos!!

#5 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

Deviant art thread

#6 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

All,

Good points Baretto. Appreciate the feedback.

To 6773131031232342973, the kids and I are going to make it a bonding project to do some concept art ideas for the character.

They like to draw and color. Additionally, I am constantly surprised by the creativity kids have these days at the younger ages. Besides it can plant

the seeds of art design and use project planning methods to review the look, design, attributes and skills of the character.

Either way it's a win/win. :-)

A family member of mine does art drawing of anime-like characters and finishes them with computer graphics as a hobby. Maybe we can get some designs to help

Gravity out. I am not trying to tell them how to do their job by any stretch of the imagination. However, if we can assist we may get a small margin of input and

shorten the life-cycle of bringing the next phase of the character to the game.  Just my $0.02.

Edited by Sladeero, 12 March 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

Deviant art thread

ikr

#8 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

ikr

AoA,

Are you saying there is a Deviant thread already? Or there should be?

Edited by Sladeero, 12 March 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#9 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

This pretty much is one. It just needs more Inuyasha, larry, squeeing and sugoi kawaii desu.

#10 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:44 AM

Started drawing the male character and it will take some time. Once done I'll get scanned in and try to do the computer graphics side. It'll take a little while due to the detail. I am weaving the Korean symbols for indominatable spirit in the seams between the plates. All of this takes time. Once I get the male character done I'll do a female version.

Recommendation: instead of an aura like the asuras I think the Celestial Protector's armor/outfit should turn gold at max level. Of course this could be toggled on/off. Any other colors would be done through the dye system except gold since that is an end state status.

Will keep everyone updated on how it goes.

Sladeero

#11 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

Would like that to happen, but making custom job on official server is impossible

#12 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

JakeAssasin,

You never know until you try. Besides, these are ideas and the whole point is to continue the path of the Taekwons, in this case the Master. Everything I am doing is intended to build on that. I basically ask myself, based on other 3rd class characters where would I take this. I also have to be mindful to do something that is real/fair to the Ragnarok realm. If I say I want my class to be a God then I've already lost legitimacy as a reputable class.

I want the character to be as 3 dimensional on a 2-d game as possible.
This is also not about me getting what I want, in the traditional sense. I am hoping folks from Gravity read this. Goal is to plant the seeds and pray for rain. All I am hoping for is another chapter in the book or a sequel. I am not telling the author it "has to be" like this.

This is my first time doing an artistic project such as this. Therefore, when I am finished and begin posting I recommend others build and evolve it. It becomes property of the community for everyone to enjoy....that is my vision.

-Sladeero

#13 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

Hey all,

Another skill idea.

Celestial Awakening- basically, minimum 3 TKM (3rd classes) are needed in a party, similar to banding. However, each TKM character has to set the same map to a different celestial alignment. The reason is they will all harness the power of the celestial bodies but they can't do all 3 by themselves or it would kill them. My justification for this versus SLS Union is the Union only taps a fraction of the power that the Awakening taps....think of it as the difference between a faucet and a fire hydrant, much more powerful.  So each TKM act as a collection rod for celestial energy. This skill would take 25% of HP/SP but it would allow 1-5 mins of time based on level 1-5 of the skill. The buff would increase STR, DEX and LUK by a few points (key ingredient for HEAT). It would also be a requirement for the skill Celestial Break (I previously named it Big Bang).

I've also thought about the possibility of making all celestial skills available on the map at that time. Think of it as a 1-5 minute mini-miracle.

The use of a 3 bodies seems trivial but the thought of stacking Opposition/Wrath on a single enemy would be pretty cool. This part may be overkill.

In order to make this fair...SLS Union would not be available since the idea is you would have exceeded the power of SLS Union by performing this skill. In actuality we just want to be fair about it. ;-)

Still working the deviant art on the character. Hoping to have it close to done over the weekend. Family member could not do it and I have not drawn in a while. 

Work and other things have taken up my time.

More to follow....

-Sladeero

#14 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Got the drawing done. Unfortunately, I don't have a recent copy of Photoshop and the free version editors (GIMP/Paint.Net) keep crashing my system.  Times like this make me wish I had a Mac. Oh well, will just take a little longer to finish up...sheesh.

#15 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

That's a problem with your computer, not with the OS. Getting a new OS won't change much. You just -_-ed up your computer and will likely do the same to a new one.

I'm angry today. Don't mind me.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 04 April 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#16 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

In the mean time....

This is coming out later. Great ideas for the power of a third class celestial character.

https://www.youtube....h?v=d00b-eKGp5g

Edited by Sladeero, 28 April 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#17 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

Pretty movie @_@

I'm quite certain that kRO doesn't give a toss about TKs anymore though. Everything you've done here, while interesting (and extraordinarily unbalanced), will remain unconsidered and probably straight up unseen by the CMs. They don't read anything in this section, even if you explicitly ask them to :v

#18 OreoBoolat

OreoBoolat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

It takes quite a while for them to adress wanderers and mechas' problem, as well as class hats' problem. A new idea for TK class? Good luck dude, you'll be needing that.

#19 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Nevermind, I give.

Sladeero

Edited by Sladeero, 28 April 2015 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users