Transcribe for the Win! Fix Grammar/Spelling Issues! - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Transcribe for the Win! Fix Grammar/Spelling Issues!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

As most of you guys/gals have seen... there are some mistranslated text, typos, misplaced text, some text that just has "DDDDDD", and etc. This could also involve NPC names as well!  We want to address all these issues because we have the power too! We need your help though!

What we need from you ::

1. Name of the Quest ::
  2. Location of the Quest :: 
  3. Which Aspects of the Quest that contains the Errors ::
  4. The Errors within the Text ::
  5. If not a Quest, where is the Text issue Shown and on which NPC/announcement ::

Please try to follow this format! This will be the easiest for us to understand and for us to resolve the text issues. So what do YOU get for helping us and the game out? 

A High Five! Plus a small prize pack of W-Coins, Enchantment Scrolls, and More! The more you help out, the more you prizes you receive. For every valid 2 entries given, you shall be rewarded!

Entries can be submitted by posting on THIS Thread.  If you have multiple entries, please edit your first post and add it in.

So, take your time and if you spot any errors.. post it here! 

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'll highlight all errors in bold and italics. They seem to get mixed easily so I'll quote each one. Most of the below listed errors are free of typos, but instead lack proper grammar and punctuation. Seems a lot of them just need a human touch, and not just a quick run through Google Translate.

I tried to double triple quadruple check these so my own typing errors don't get mixed in with the 'proper' ones. I've also omitted pages of dialogue that have no discernible problems, and things such as missing adpositions are not mentioned as I'm not yet sure whether I can offer my own corrections, and I can't highlight things that don't exist!

For a lack of proper bridging words or missing things in general, I instead highlighted the word immediately following where the bridge should be and prefixed a small red* asterisk.

For missing or erroneous capitalisations, I highlighted the word and prefixed a blue* asterisk. For missing pluralities or attributions (it's, the player's, gems etc.), improper usage of a word (but the base word is fine) or improper tense, I highlighted and suffixed a green* asterisk.

Lastly, I very likely missed some things, so just consider these a point in the right direction rather than gospel. Pretty much every quest in this game has some sort of text problem. I may or may not be getting someone to decompress the text tables so I can look at them directly.  :Emo_13:

P.S. Can we add 6. Possible Correction(s) to the list, or otherwise add them in greyed out text, or should we leave that to you?

P.P.S.I might just add greyed out text as recommendations anyway. I'll edit them in tomorrow or something.

1. Name of the Quest :: N/A
  2. Location of the Quest :: All Instances
    1. Difficulty text upon selecting a mode (F1, F2, F6 etc etc.)
    1. Higher difficulty maps are more likely to trigger bonus map. Suggestion consider your quest.​ *Completely rewrite this.
  5. If not a Quest, where is the Text issue Shown and on which NPC/announcement :: All instances with difficulty selection.

1. Name of the Quest :: Princess making (4)
  2. Location of the Quest :: Skypie Sanctuary
    1. Quest Info [Detail]
    2. Quest Dialogue
    1. [Detail]: Princecia asked you to investigate about Lord of Night. Kill Lord of Night atSkypie Sanctuary [Mission Mode].
    2. Quest Dialogue: But... *Really ​*Quest dialogue trends suggest that the word after a set of ellipses doesn't need to be capitalised. where is the dragon tower? I never heard there is suh a tower nearby *Just "near" or "near to" would work. this place. 
  5. If not a Quest, where is the Text issue Shown and on which NPC/announcement :: N/A

1. Name of the Quest :: Fight that can’t be helped
  2. Location of the Quest :: Moonlight Shore Village
    1. Quest Info [Detail]
    2. Quest Dialogue
    1. [Detail]: We can weaken the Lord of Night before *confront him so we can reduce the number of souls. To do that, *need *"You" or"we". to clear Skypie Sanctuary [Arcade Mode(F1)].
    2. Quest Dialogue: I think what happened is not from their Malice. From the soul* in the helmet of *Blue Spectral Night you got for us so speak it is someone else. ​*These should be plural. The previous quest has the player collecting several helmets. Consider revising this entire sentence lol. First, let's slay followers before the leader gather* all the souls. I think we need to weaken the Lord of Night by fight with him frequently. Come back after *Clear [Arcade Mode(F1)]. You came back safe. Let's move onto *next step.
  5. If not a Quest, where is the Text issue Shown and on which NPC/announcement :: N/A

1. Name of the Quest :: Ruler of the night
  2. Location of the Quest :: Moonlight Shore Village
    1. Quest Info [Requirements], [Detail]
    2. Quest Objective
    3. Quest Dialogue
    1. [Requirements]: Skypie Sanctuary [Scenario Mode(F5)] - Destroy **Third Summoning *stone of Paris.
    2. [Detail]: Let's go to where the be grieved souls rest and free the soul *of the dead soldiers.
    3. Quest Objective: (The *Third) Summoning *stone of Paris. ​*There are 3 summoning stones that must be destroyed in order to complete the quest, not just the 3rd.
    4. Quest Dialogue: We also got our course blocked by those monsters while going to the Libra chasing after the clue Farrell had left. This place called Skypie *sanctuary is a place where a severe great *Doesn't need several words describing it. war took place. There was a beautiful woman among the heroes who led many nameless soldiers who have died and her name is Paris. *Tense issues in this sentence. Because *No lead-in sentence to frame this one, so "because" is unnecessary. she is creating chaos to the Continent of Wind by coming back as an evil witch. Because those dead people are holding us back wearing armors from *thousand years ago, the supply route coming from the Libra is blocked. After getting rid of creatures transformed by Farrell, now the soldiers of *thousand years ago are alive... Okay, then I'll explain the details about this place. Although the Continent of Wind has *"features"or "harbours"? Port of Winds as the capital, the center of all supplies go through *double space here. Libra. The supplies of our fellowship are also getting delivered to us from the Libra. The *black *witch, it was her for sure. She *No need for gender specification. "We" would suffice. found out that she is hidden here somewhere. You must break all *summoning *stones Paris had installed here and there *missing full stop.  Then you will not get any damages from the soldiers who do not die any longer.*Damn these people who don't die when they're killed! Now there isn't much time! That's because it's been a while since the supply has been cut off *missing full stop. That deep place, we must destroy all **summoning *stones of Paris leading dead bodies*This sentence is MADE of win. Should probably remove the highlighted parts or come up with something better. If so, we have hope.

1. Name of the Quest :: Stop Lavalon's Revival!
  2. Location of the Quest :: Libra
    1. Quest Info [Detail]
    2. Quest Dialogue
    1. [Detail]: Lavalon is getting ready for revival! To put Lavalon back to sleep, you must get into Magma Dungeon through *Flame Gate Key and 10 Mana Converters, what you can get from Valid Raeth monsters.
    2. Quest Dialogue: I can't leave here even though I have many things to do more for the peace of this land. *in order to enter the *Dungeon that is connected to *room of Drake, you must get *Flame Door Key from *Vice Chief​ *Should be "Chief Rokko"? to undo the seal. But with my white magic, I don't undo it. Bring me 10 Magic Converter* and *Flmae Door Key from Chief Rokko.

1. Name of the Quest :: Powerful energy source
  2. Location of the Quest :: Libra
    1. Quest Info [Detail]
    2. Quest Dialogue
    1. [Detail]: After getting inspired by his old Colleague Dr. Farrell's research work, *Unnecessary line break here. Noel has been conducting research and experiment* for Socket Card* containing Spiritual Element* in order to help his Guardian Tower research.
    2. Quest Dialogue: These days, by scientific knowledge, I have investigated supernatural phenomena. Even around us, there are unidentified powers are around us such as summon*, magic, spirits, etc. And no one has succeeded to prove how they have been originated. After receiving my old colleague Dr. Farrell's research work, I got astonished. Among the *Should be "his". works, I found Spiritual Drop the most attractive item. Have you heard of Spiritual Drop? Spiritual Drop is a stone containing basic elements that consists of the world. Spirits of water, fire, earth and wind *Unnecessary line break here have permeate*Wrong tense. "Permeated". normal stones throughout long years. Once the elements are extracted, it can become *unique energy source. And it has been proven that once this energy source gets concentrated and decompressed, it can erupt *powerful energy. *Repeated word in close proximity to first usage of word. there is a rumor that *Unnecessary line break here. Dragonkin summoners can insert monster spirits and extract it whenever they want. All those summon skills, magic, etc... though they are named differently, but it can be said that their principles have been *Could just remove this word. originated from spiritual drops.

More incoming, as I'm doing the quests while I audit them ^_^

e: I'm SO tempted to just Strike Through huge chunks of quest text and rewrite them all from scratch. @_@

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 01 April 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#3 chrissomerry

chrissomerry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFederal Republic of Aurelia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Either/or

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

I know Almr asked me to help, but I'll probably be more a pain in the arse - are some of those capitalisation errors really errors? Summoning stones seems like it could be in lower case, since I'm assuming summoning stones are a common item in Dragon Saga's world, while Black Witch is more likely meant to be capitalised, e.g. I doubt there's this subspecies of witch that is just waltzing around the world called "black witch".

Then again, Final Fantasy, black mages...

Anyway, depends what the internal style guide is. E.g. if all key items should be capitalised regardless, then you can ignore what I said here.

Also, "who led many nameless soldiers who have died" - this works for me too. Then again, context. Did she lead the soliders to their deaths (who died sounds better then), or did she lead the soldiers, but now they're all dead (who have died sounds better).

Also, on "I'll highlight the details about this place", while there's other ways to say it, this way doesn't feel unnatural enought to me to count as an error, unless there's a bit of context I'm missing. Then again, "of" or "on" seem quicker and neater, but I think "about" here just passes.

I know, not really a proper contribution, but I haven't gone through looking carefully myself, so this is all I can really contribute :)

#4 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

I know Almr asked me to help, but I'll probably be more a pain in the arse - are some of those capitalisation errors really errors? Summoning stones seems like it could be in lower case, since I'm assuming summoning stones are a common item in Dragon Saga's world, while Black Witch is more likely meant to be capitalised, e.g. I doubt there's this subspecies of witch that is just waltzing around the world called "black witch".

Then again, Final Fantasy, black mages...

Anyway, depends what the internal style guide is. E.g. if all key items should be capitalised regardless, then you can ignore what I said here.

Also, "who led many nameless soldiers who have died" - this works for me too. Then again, context. Did she lead the soliders to their deaths (who died sounds better then), or did she lead the soldiers, but now they're all dead (who have died sounds better).

Also, on "I'll highlight the details about this place", while there's other ways to say it, this way doesn't feel unnatural enought to me to count as an error, unless there's a bit of context I'm missing. Then again, "of" or "on" seem quicker and neater, but I think "about" here just passes.

I know, not really a proper contribution, but I haven't gone through looking carefully myself, so this is all I can really contribute :)

Key Items should be capitalised. Summoning Stones in particular are quest targets, and therefore should be capitalised to specify that they are unique and important.

If we can offer possible corrections, all the stuff I'm doing up there would make more sense :P

As it is now, I'm just highlighting what could/should receive a bit of attention.

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

Name of the Quest :: Dony's 222
Location of the Quest :: Kalygon Fleet
Which Aspects of the Quest that contains the Errors ::

Text says: Kill Captain Alvida

but that's wrong

Right is: Kill Captain Kalygon

The Errors within the Text: Simply replace Captain Alvida with Captain Kalygon and all is fine.

------------------------------------

Name of the Quest :: Dony's 223
Location of the Quest :: Steven Trading Port

Which Aspects of the Quest that contains the Errors ::

Text says: Do Kalygon Fleet 2 Maps Chaos

but that's wrong

Right is: Do Alvida 2 Maps Chaos

The Errors within the Text: Simply replace Kalygon Fleet 2 Maps with Steven Trading port 2 Maps Chaos

----------------

Item Text is wrong:

The Errors within the Text:

The item Sharktooth is shown as "untranslated text and a Number 21..." - that item is dropped by the shark pirates and shark deckhands

Edited by Fliederduft78, 01 April 2014 - 03:47 AM.

#6 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Thank you guys. :ok: This will be directed to our Producer.

#7 tytreo

tytreo

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

I found this on one of the blue people:

If you talk to the drakan or whatever they are called in kazeura village, the one which gives you the kilo f5 quest, her speech bubble is extremely stretched, this could be due to someone holding down space.

Also is it Mirinae or milkyway sanctuary because some quests call it milkyway, and others call it mirinae

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users