[Renewal] April Fools Event hosted by The Riddlerok (04/01/2014 ~ 04/30/2014) - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Renewal] April Fools Event hosted by The Riddlerok (04/01/2014 ~ 04/30/2014)

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#26 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Remember, no googling etc, only use your wits.

Day 4

You are standing in an (almost) empty room. There are a few things laying around the room; a small magnet, a hand mirror, a cow clip, some shoelace and a wooden six-inch measuring stick (ruler). There is also a vertical pipe attached to the floor. The pipe is roughly one foot long. Its diameter is small, slightly larger than a ping-pong ball. In fact there is a ping pong ball stuck at the bottom of the pipe. Using only what is currently available, how could you recover the ping-pong ball (without harming its condition)?

I would have put water...but there's none?

So  I will use the mirror to look at myself. I'd probably admire myself for a couple minutes. I'd probably use the stick too...you know...just to compare something. Then I'd feel like...well hmm..let's just say I'll use some of my own liquid  and pour my liquid onto the pipe to push the ping pong ball out. Pee is probably the best to use..since saliva and my other kinds of liquid may not be enough.

#27 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

LOL omg yea you can pee into the pipe that's... really smart

#28 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

I would have put water...but there's none?

So  I will use the mirror to look at myself. I'd probably admire myself for a couple minutes. I'd probably use the stick too...you know...just to compare something. Then I'd feel like...well hmm..let's just say I'll use some of my own liquid  and pour my liquid onto the pipe to push the ping pong ball out. Pee is probably the best to use..since saliva and my other kinds of liquid may not be enough.

More of a Bear Grylls than a MacGyver?

PM me IGN for reward.

Edited by Gantrithor, 04 April 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#29 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

LOL

Dang I was working on my own solution, was that the real answer tho? That'd be hilarious

#30 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

was that the real answer tho?

:D

If you have something really creative and works (as judged by me) I'll give you a small consolation prize.

Edited by Gantrithor, 04 April 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#31 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Lol I give up, but here is what I was at (sorry for the suuuuper ugly drawing, not at home & using laptop pad):

UOxJTSb.png

Basically you tie the shoelace to the cow clipper like so, and put the hand mirror there so it stays in place. You pull on the two strings to open the cow clipper, and use the magnet to guide it down to the ping pong (assuming it's strong enough). 

Pulling the shoelace would cause the cow clipper to come up, so somehow you need to use the ruler vertically? to keep it down. I'm stuck at that part. I think everything I said was wrong. lmao

#32 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Maybe something like this? x.x

Vs5jvZ3.png

My reasoning for being able to put the ruler there is because the ping pong ball has some height + cow clipper + your finger. Although it might still not be enough..

Edited by michaeleeli, 04 April 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#33 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

What do you mean by holding it down with the 6" ruler? Kind of confused but for some reason I'm finding this magnet guide funny.

#34 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Because when you pull the two strings, instead of opening the cow clipper, it would pull the cow clipper upwards.

By sticking the ruler sideways it get's "stuck", so when you pull the strings it opens cow clipper and you can guide the clip with the magnet to grab the ping pong...then somehow remove the ruler and pull it up with the mirror

Lol this looks more hilarious after reading my answer, pretend I didn't say anything *walks away

Edited by michaeleeli, 04 April 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#35 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Lol this looks more hilarious after reading my answer, pretend I didn't say anything *walks away

Don't worry, at least you tried.

Also, the next one will be roughly 7AM on the 5th of April.

Edited by Gantrithor, 04 April 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#36 KhelbenVasq

KhelbenVasq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I picked up the Mirror and seen what I saw, grabbing what I saw I cut the ruler in half, two halves make a wHOLE, I put the Hole in the Pipe where the Ball was stuck.  

I loose my train of thought on the string I just cant follow so I clip the clip to me and hope the magnet can hold me against the pipe by the clip and I slip into the Hole, and hope I do not get hit by that train...

#37 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

I was laughing so hard michael LOL

and how are you gonna open the clip.... and make sure the ping pong ball isn't crushed inside the clip

Edited by KamiKali, 04 April 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#38 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

I picked up the Mirror and seen what I saw, grabbing what I saw I cut the ruler in half, two halves make a wHOLE, I put the Hole in the Pipe where the Ball was stuck.  

I loose my train of thought on the string I just cant follow so I clip the clip to me and hope the magnet can hold me against the pipe by the clip and I slip into the Hole, and hope I do not get hit by that train...

What? o_0

Are you... Henry Pym or Scott Lang?

#39 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

haha i was wondering what a cow clipper was. thanks for the picture

Lol I give up, but here is what I was at (sorry for the suuuuper ugly drawing, not at home & using laptop pad):

Basically you tie the shoelace to the cow clipper like so, and put the hand mirror there so it stays in place. You pull on the two strings to open the cow clipper, and use the magnet to guide it down to the ping pong (assuming it's strong enough). 

Pulling the shoelace would cause the cow clipper to come up, so somehow you need to use the ruler vertically? to keep it down. I'm stuck at that part. I think everything I said was wrong. lmao

Maybe something like this? x.x

My reasoning for being able to put the ruler there is because the ping pong ball has some height + cow clipper + your finger. Although it might still not be enough..

these are awesome. still laughing  :heh:

#40 KhelbenVasq

KhelbenVasq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

What? o_0

Are you... Henry Pym or Scott Lang?

I am I, a gamer to the heart, but now I need to look those names up,  LOL  :heh:

Oh my Ant man, I was going by the IL-Logic of Me not being defined. Nice reference. I was thinking more of tom thumb though.  But then that would mean I would have to rely more on a swifty solution...  Arrg I got to be more careful with my refrences or yall may be counting the grey hairs in my beard,  it is easier to count the brown ones. ;)

Edited by KhelbenVasq, 04 April 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#41 shirotea

shirotea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location/where

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Okay, here's my solution:

First, I throw the cow clip into the pipe, give the pipe a little shake, hopefully it would fall under the ping-pong ball(using the mirror to check).

Then, I tie the small magnet to one end of the shoelace. While holding the other end, I lower the magnet into the pipe.

With luck, the magnet will lift up the cow clip along with the ping pong ball, if not, just keep trying.

The ruler is just for measuring the length of the shoelace I guess.

#42 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

I am I, a gamer to the heart, but now I need to look those names up,  LOL  :heh:

Oh my Ant man, I was going by the IL-Logic of Me not being defined. Nice reference. I was thinking more of tom thumb though.  But then that would mean I would have to rely more on a swifty solution...  Arrg I got to be more careful with my refrences or yall may be counting the grey hairs in my beard,  it is easier to count the brown ones. ;)

Well, if you pluck out your greys, or dye your beard... or just get a beard like Marco Hietala, no one will care about the color if it's awesome.

Okay, here's my solution:

First, I throw the cow clip into the pipe, give the pipe a little shake, hopefully it would fall under the ping-pong ball(using the mirror to check).

Then, I tie the small magnet to one end of the shoelace. While holding the other end, I lower the magnet into the pipe.

With luck, the magnet will lift up the cow clip along with the ping pong ball, if not, just keep trying.

The ruler is just for measuring the length of the shoelace I guess.

My apologies if for not making it clear but someone has already won this round. It's good to see you tried though, you gotta be in it to win it. A new round is coming soon.

Edited by Gantrithor, 05 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#43 shirotea

shirotea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location/where

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:32 AM

Haha, I know. I'm not here to win though, just wanted to know what the real solution is.

#44 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

Well, the pipe is fixed to the floor, which I stupidly failed to mention. And well, just because you have certain things available to you, doesn't mean you have to use them all. Your firehose or firetap is, although not specifically mentioned, always available to you. Your 'solution' is the solution, if you catch my drift.

#45 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

Day 5

Daniel McNeill was in New York City on a clear sunny Fourth of July. He walked all the way from West 59th to West 116th. It was a busy celebrative day bustling with people. He wasn't wearing any disguise and he could see clearly, yet no-one saw him, nor did he see anyone. Why?

Spoiler

Edited by Gantrithor, 05 April 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#46 KhelbenVasq

KhelbenVasq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

If he was in the parade tending the balloon  lines, no one pays attention to those guys. Most of the time they have people walking around them holding some kinda blinder so they can not be seen.

Of course if he was a blind man holding a line then he would not see anyone.

or

Oh man he was on a street parallel to the parade, everyone would be looking the direction of the parade...

Edited by KhelbenVasq, 05 April 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#47 Miindy

Miindy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Everybody was invisible.

#48 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

If he was in the parade tending the balloon  lines, no one pays attention to those guys. Most of the time they have people walking around them holding some kinda blinder so they can not be seen.

He wasn't wearing any disguise [To further clarify he wasn't being disguised in any way at all]

Of course if he was a blind man holding a line then he would not see anyone.

he could see clearly

Oh man he was on a street parallel to the parade, everyone would be looking the direction of the parade...

I don't know about you but I reckon I have ADD and couldn't possibly stare at one thing for an extended period of time, and I don't think every single person in New York gives full attention to any parade that may be happening.

Good attempts though!

Everybody was invisible.

That's a bit unreasonable, but thanks for trying!

#49 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

edited, he was going on a street parallel to the parade so he didnt see anyone , everyone was at the parade and they were blind! :D

Edited by Shippou22, 05 April 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#50 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

edited, he was going on a street parallel to the parade so he didnt see anyone , everyone was at the parade and they were blind! :D

Unfortunately not everyone watches the parades, also more fortunately, not everyone is blind!

Nice try though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users