which is vetter desperado or spread shot? - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

which is vetter desperado or spread shot?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

hello.all

been wabting to make a gubslinger for a while but before i do i want to see if the build i have in mind is viable.

i see every gs is using the desperado build, vut i want to know if the spread shot shotgun build is viable. i like shotguns mpre than pistols :P

it seems to me that spread shots aoe is huge conpared to desperado. i never made a gs before so dunno the damage with shotguns. i wsd thibking with the large aoe sp leeching/hp leeching gears shouls proc nore frequently than when usibg desperado, not to mebtion i wont need to tank the monsters head on.

have any of u ever made a shotgun only gs? what do u guys think?

#2 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Well, Spreadshot has a 2 second cast and is only 280% damage.

Desperado is 1 second cast delay and does UP TO 10 hits for 550%.

If you're able to stay alive, I really believe Desperado is simply the better skill. When I maxed my Slinger, I used a mix of Desperado/Full Blast and Trigger Happy Shot, but it was almost exclusively Desperado. If you're not confident in your ability to survive mobs, strafing with Spreadshot might be the better option for you.

#3 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

lol yea when u put it like that desperado sounds much better T.T

but still tho, with the left over points id get spread shot for the ti parties. i wont need to tank as much and it does a large aoe damage.

for soloing desperado seems way better.

but makes me think: spread shot has a 2 second cast. is this all variable? is there a after cast delay? lol this might be silly but is there an instant cast spread shot build?

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Shotgun build is okay for PVM, but I wouldn't recommend it for PVP if that's what you're going for. If you plan to solo and don't have the patience to time things right, you're better off going Desperado. You can OHKO with a shotgun-slinger, but it eats up SP like no tomorrow. I can't tell if there's an aftercast delay for sure since the maps I level on with my shotgun-slinger tend to be pretty laggy, but I don't think there is.

I actually find myself rarely ever using Spread Shot. I'll usually alternate between Crowd Control Shot and Full Blast. I use Gatekeeper-DD, which automatically uses Spread Shot at random, giving me more hits in one go.

#5 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationHouse of Summer Cherries
  • Server:Iris native

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Classic or renewal?? Desperado is far better DPS( prone to Pos lagging tho~) on the other hand Spread Shot has a Wide, and guarantee full effectiveness. So it really depends on your play style... DMG Vs that 9x9 AoE mobbing. [Hint] Glorious shotgun increase the skill "spread Shot" with each refine rate. We  you play Renewal Gwen, I can help you with Testing on my slinger( Fully geared)

#6 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

wow didnt know avout that weapon. at most i can refine it to +9. 3% per level so 27% bonus to spread shot's 280% attack so around 350% total?

very interesting, this can make spread shot.really powerful. not sure if.it.can conpete with dedperado, but would be interesting to.have a rangers arrow storm.style of game play.

have u tried this before? is it viable? i.know that even with the strogner spell desperado, it sonetimes takes 2~4 casts of desperado to kill a croqd in ti parties. how many shots would it take spreaf shot to finish a crowd in a party? i really wanna know cause thay glorious shotgun is really expensive, it costs 2000 km badges, eah badge costing 1 purple box which means ita around 600 million T.T

whats your damage with glorious shotgun using spreadshot ryu?

#7 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Well I didn't conduct a full test, but with +9 EMH,+12 Glorious shotgun, FAW (EA 10) and 2x Sherrif badges. I was able to clear mobs with 1 or two cast. Are you Online now?

#8 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

wow didnt know avout that weapon. at most i can refine it to +9. 3% per level so 27% bonus to spread shot's 280% attack so around 350% total?

very interesting, this can make spread shot.really powerful. not sure if.it.can conpete with dedperado, but would be interesting to.have a rangers arrow storm.style of game play.

have u tried this before? is it viable? i.know that even with the strogner spell desperado, it sonetimes takes 2~4 casts of desperado to kill a croqd in ti parties. how many shots would it take spreaf shot to finish a crowd in a party? i really wanna know cause thay glorious shotgun is really expensive, it costs 2000 km badges, eah badge costing 1 purple box which means ita around 600 million T.T

whats your damage with glorious shotgun using spreadshot ryu?

Glorious Shotgun Additional effect [Spread Shot] has a chance to stun the whole mob also lol.

#9 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

no not online right now. at work :P lol

#10 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

damn. those are overkill gears for a gs tho. i dun think i can invest so much for those. i mostly share gears fron my other main chars. i dun have the sheriff badges, but i found that rwc rigs with fs is actually stronger. i rember feeling ripped when i bought and tried bako tats. shetiff badges are great for the sp bonus tho. as for the faw, thays gdoly gear. dun have enoigh to buy one at the.moment.

right now with gatekeeper dd, need sometimes 2~3 hits to kill a mob. it has a higher atk than glorious shotgun, but does not have the extra spreadshot dam effect. i think at most gloriois is 20% better dam maybe? gatekeeper has double natural wep dam afterall.

yea stun effect ob glorious sounds really good. does it happen often? really want to get gloruius now, but so damned expensive.

#11 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

i can't solo ti without better gears, but as of now, an agi dex slinger like me can survive mobs and put down the crowd in one or two desperado (just yesterday, on wraith deads and zombie prisoners) with a help of capable healers

sadly, i had less int so i need to sit a lot more than i kill xD but i think a 3-man party with me, a healer, and a sp battery might suffice

but sure, if you like how rangers do it, it's your choice

P.S: i'm not a full time desperado, but how else am i gonna help them finish their counts? xD

#12 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Hey I wanna make a serious Gunslinger guild, If you guys are interested let me know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users