5 replies to this topic

#1 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

i just imagined this and thought it would be fun, first of all by the title "Royal Rumble" means no one is considered an ally, and "PVP" means players whoop each other's butt. so one way to avoid players from not attacking each other(maybe because they're friends or whatsoever) is to make their name invisible and make uniform appearances while inside the pvp maze in terms of jobs and weapons while keeping the original stats of their equipped items, this way players will have no reason to not attack a certain character because he/she doesn't know who his/her target is. Next is the map, i suggest a wide maze-like map that that players can go around seeking for enemies to get game points and advance to next rounds.(cntinue reading to understand xD)

Gaining points:(it's up tto GM's to give the numbers if ever this is implemented, i'm just giving ideas :D)

- "Last man standing" will of course be given high points.

- Crystal Defender's way of determining points(Healing done, Damage Dealt, Attacks Dodged, etc...) is ok for me just to avoid raiders from perma-hiding and becoming the last man standing, this way they will not gain points even though they are the last man standing, also to avoid those characters with extremely high movement speeds from just running around and just wait for the timer to run out.

Gameplay:

*There will be a certain number of rounds in the game.

- every round a certain player will need to have a certain number of kills to proceed to the next round(full-support clerics not     in this league) for example first round, every player must atleast have 2 kills and the preceeding rounds will require a               player to have killed atleast 1 enemy, in order for a player to have have a kill, he/she must deal the killing blow even if he only dealt 100 damage as long as it kills the enemy. A player though can kill as many players as she wants.

- once you die you will be eliminated and receive points based on your game stats.

- a certain time limit will be provided each round, players then whoop each other's butt as a form of elimination.

- No potions can be used, nor regeneration is enabled, but there will be random box thingys that will randomly spawn inside       the   maze-map which restores an amount of HP & MP.

- Buffs from clerics are prohibited (since everybody inside the map is an enemy) unless you're the cleric yourself, npc's around the maze will be provided to give buffs as a cleric with no charm, this way,         elimination of players will be much intense and fair (since use of potions is prohibited), because this will lessen the burst         damage that one can deal like in Crystal Defender

- a special skill will be given to each player. this skill is a buff that lets them see invisible enemies for like 10 seconds in a           certain range around them with maybe a cooldown of 20 or 25 secs

- everytime a round ends, all survivors will be invulnerable for some time just to gather themselves up and relax a bit and they will be given full restoration of hp/mp

-use of cart is enabled, this can be used as a tool for survival like when u have already acquired the required kills you can use this to avoid other players from killing you

- if the timer runs out and a player did not meet the required number of kills, he/she will be eliminated and be given points based on his game stats.

-  at the end of the final round the "Last man standing will be given additional points". If there is no last man standing then remaining players will still be given additional points but lesser comparing to the Last man standing, because they are anyways, survivors of the royal rumble maze.

so i think that's all my idea for now. any suggestions or comments? i really think ROSE will be more fun if this game arena is implemented  :heh:  :lv:

#2 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

Are any buffs taken off once you enter the battlefield? or can you get buffed then move to the map?

#3 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

Are any buffs taken off once you enter the battlefield? or can you get buffed then move to the map?

ahm yes it will be taken off, and players will randomly spawn at random spawn points in the map with the "no-charm buff npc" on that spawn area, just my idea :) i'm very open to comments  :heh:

Edited by DopeL, 02 April 2014 - 07:41 AM.

#4 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Hmm, interesting idea, but this system will not be fair to certain class (like FS cleric or tanky knight or dealer class...). The "OP" class of the moment will have a better chance to win (like raider atm).

#5 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Hmm, interesting idea, but this system will not be fair to certain class (like FS cleric or tanky knight or dealer class...). The "OP" class of the moment will have a better chance to win (like raider atm).

actually all classes have it's own advantage and disadvantage. just remember the rules that i made up; no potons, cleric buffs are removed(unless you're a cleric yourself), special "sight" buff skill is given to each player that lets them see invisible enemies not just once but while the buff is still active.

Raiders are more likely to be eliminated early that you think because they have low hp(no potions), lesser burst damage(weaker buffs = lesser attack speed = slow stacking of new passive = lesser damage on early normal attacks), and vulnerable to attacks(enemy sight buff). The advantage i can see from raiders is that they are very mobile and dominant in terms of movement speed which lets them escape from healthy enemies or from group of brawling players once they are done killing or has the required number of kills to advance

#6 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

This is a great idea!! however i wish to add some ideas of my own that i think will make ROSE better like adding some PVP action for lowbies and making more players active! 

So here are my suggestions:

How about making this event an event that will be held like 2-3 times every day on different times(morning, afternoon, evening) without including it into the GA games(this will make more players active).. so that means there will be an announcement like 1 or 2 hours before the event starts then players will start joining/registering in, then once the game starts all the players who are registered, regardless of level will be put inside the maze.. the game will also start regardless of how many players are registered even 1!

there should be a level limit like only lvl 100-230 only are allowed to register.. and

additional feature:(This is for the lowbies or beginners) The "Last Man Standing" title will be given according to level range like the level range in CD like 100-120, 121-140, 141-160, 161-180 etc..  when a player clicks on an enemy he/she should be able to see the level of that enemy because i thought that if a player killed an enemy below his level range he will have consequences like he will have deducted kill point which is required to advance so that will prevent higher levels from killing low levels and let them have their "low-level PVP action" of their own and have rewards too.

Rewards: i think that every time you are entitled "Last man Standing" of your level Range you will be rewarded, not just honor points but a special token or a coin or maybe "Royal Rumble points" that you will need to collect like honor points and be used to buy various items or a unique "Last Man Standing" T-shirt or crown or a set or something unique costumes like those

Overall when this is implemented here's what i think will be changed from ROSE.. more players will become active because this event will be held 3 times a day(morning, afternoon, evening), beginners or other players will not only focus on reaching max level but also focus to make their lowbies stronger or even fully equip them on their level range and then those low level honor gears or low level unique weapons will be of more value and not just considered as "Trash"! what do you guys think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users