Advice on lvling pvm Whitesmith skillbuild - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Advice on lvling pvm Whitesmith skillbuild

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

So I'm am really bad at making crucial decisions sometimes and i dont really have zeny to mess up. was wondering if i can get your help on a good builds for lvling pvm based whitesmith going into mechanic(eventually)

is it pretty much the same as blacksmith lvling?( i went heavy Str and Agi with nearly 0 Vit since i had a whisper panty undershirt combo

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

except that the fact you have hi speed cart ram? you should look into that build.

as for my MS, i won't get HSCR and level the way my BS does because i can't afford HSCR. but my MS don't have miserable vit. i at least put around 30 on it, put on a goibne (or morrigane) and eat fresh fishes

#3 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

yea i also have no where near that type of zeny to lvl with hscr

#4 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

As a trans you would want some vit and as a 3rd class you need vit since 3rd class is all about mobbing >_<

#5 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

hscr is quite expensive, on average it takes around 30~50 m to lvl to 100 with mammomite and hscr.

the.much cheaper alternative is to just get adrenaline rush and ctrl attack everything to death. otherwise get a ton of vit.and tank/pull for party in ti

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

ok, another input:

it IS viable to mob using only cart revo. it's doable and cheaper. just get more vit and wear goibne so you dont have to suffer the extensive need of pots.

#7 Anibe

Anibe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSantiago de Chile
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

It'll be faster to just click mobs to death. You get great aspd as a battlesmith, don't waste it.

Skill-wise is pretty straightforward: you get everything that helps your DPS.

#8 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

It'll be faster to just click mobs to death. You get great aspd as a battlesmith, don't waste it.

Skill-wise is pretty straightforward: you get everything that helps your DPS.

Pretty much this is the fastest and least costly leveling method. You can try to be unique and that's cool, but that comes with extra cost.

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

Cart revolution build will always be faster than ctrl click / agi build. Killing multiple monsters at once is always faster than killing one at a time.

You need healing items / supplies / more expensive gears for cart revo though.

#10 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

I can't say I agree. Cart Revolution is not the best aoe there is. It's better than nothing and it's great early on like mid 30 to 70s, but the fact that you have to orient the enemies each hit, are subject to frequent position bugging which is painful when it comes to mobs like wraith and evil druid, you get hurt so much for mobbing which leads to more resting time or healing items. I've done all three methods of autoclick, cart revo, and mammonite/cartram and autoclick was the most efficient way to do it.

#11 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Cart Revolution is amazing with a blacksmith / mastersmith / mech. You can use a Guillotine or some other high ATK two handed axe as blacksmith, cancel weapon penalties with it, and do awesome damage compared to the alchemist counterpart. As mastersmith, Hurricane Fury / Giant Axe is insanely powerful. Mech can use a pile bunker for even more damage with a shield too.

Healing = Witch Hat + Alarm Mask, Fish In Mouth, Snowier Cards, Rudolf, etc.

SP = Earth Deleter Card, not even needed at higher levels sometimes if opting for INT

With the above two you will never have any rest time. Also you can utilize town inn / eden kitchen for full hp / sp for very cheap, and use an acolyte warper to take you back to whatever map you were in quickly.

Cart Revolution can also be endowed. With the weapons mentioned above, you can reach 5k damage easily with average gears. Even somewhere up to 8k to 10k with Pile Bunker and some above average gears (no gods / megs or anything), and I've done all this without a Heavy Metaling Card too. With that damage I've 99-ed characters, and even grinded a couple levels over 100 since you don't always have your third class AOE that fast.

Position bugging occurs only when the monsters have an attack range of 2+ cells. Cart Revo is REALLY bad against those monsters and you must make sure you are targeting monsters with only 1 cell range. Check the irowiki DB for how many cell range each monster has.

#12 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

as what seaechiowai said, it is effective from 30~70. you'll rely a lot on low TI later anyways.

as what kasshin said, there are lots of things to consider and'll hurt your wallet.

just get comfortable with your leveling pace. sometimes you'll get worn out while leveling and had to take a break, which can hinder your leveling speed.

#13 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

I know that there are attack range differences in each monsters. Read the opening post. The thread is about the most cost effective method of leveling, not the fastest way of leveling. The biggest problem with cart revolution is that its damage is not so great and multiple hits are needed to kill most monsters of current player level. So that means even if the mobs are perfectly herded in a single file line against a western wall, as cart revolution is used, they scatter all over the place and you have to re-herd the mobs real fast. Like I said, I tried that method of leveling. If you're raising a character that doesn't have any other option such as "tank" smith, brewer, or forger then by all means go nuts with Cart Revo. If you have infinite supplies of honey or have a party member(then again, why would party a smithy over knight, sadder or mages for aoe?) then go for it as it IS the fastest way of leveling. That wasn't what the thread was about. That's not a good advise for this topic. The OP clearly stated that he's poor. Good chance he's new at doing this, too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users