A server with only 1st and 2nd Class! - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A server with only 1st and 2nd Class!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 bubblegum07

bubblegum07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

If you never say anything, then it will never happen. I am writing this post to express my interest in a server with only first and second classes. It would go by pre-renewal mechanics, just as iRO classic server. I know of many pre-comodo players, like myself, that would love to play on a server like this. I do not think it would destroy the classic server, but rather bring more players back. With this server, the "Nostalgia" server (good name, huh?) I believe it would bring those players back that quit around rebirth time. That is my understanding when speaking to some of these people. The idea for a first class and second class only server comes up a lot when having in-game conversations with old players, so I hope it is given some consideration. 

Your input?

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:13 AM

So you want to play on a server back when there were no monster skills? Remove all the fixes and content expansions that came since then? No Schwarzwald or Arunafeltz?

And 1st and 2nd classes only... You don't think that trans classes were natural and balanced progressions?

Sure, there are some who wish for RO to be rolled back to that state, but would they play for long? I don't think so. That game *was* RO, but not anymore. I guarantee you'd be disappointed should a server of those specifications be created.

#3 bubblegum07

bubblegum07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

I do want to go back to a server with just first and second classes. I would love to play on it, as well as other players. Cash shop can come with it so they make their Heim$

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

the cash shop wouldnt fund a server like that since anything they would sell would be readily available in game or would completely ruin the Nostalgia of the Nostalgia server...

#5 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

renewal server is already covering for classic, now u want a server with probably 10-20 real players and 500 bots? no thanks

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

I thought people would enjoy a server like this, but classic was like this for months and people just begged in droves to have the transcendent update. So while its a cute thought, historical precedent shows this idea would flop.

#7 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

I would probably off myself irl because of boredom for playing a game like the one you described....

#8 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

thats the beta ro. i would play that. but they won't do it since it won't make any $ for them. and only ro purist would play it anyone else is just too weak or too spoiled to even touch it.

#9 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

I'd play it for a day. Then I'd quit because I'd have a level 99 with nothing left to do. Was WoE, or the PvP areas even implemented back then?

#10 bubblegum07

bubblegum07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

I'd play it for a day. Then I'd quit because I'd have a level 99 with nothing left to do. Was WoE, or the PvP areas even implemented back then?

good luck with 99 in a day or a year for that matter. well, maybe a year with cash shop and bm's available. i know grind mmo's arent in anymore. but these basic skills, low stat points and less crazy headgear and armor really
made you need to party to mvp and level. of course there are exceptions to classes needing parties to level. this is the day of alde gd and geffen dg being awesome. LoD farming was the fastest exp - until it was found to be an exploit, somehow. It encouraged partying and i personally stayed up 38 hrs to farm LoD and 99 my knight.

i really wish they could set up a server for this.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Was WoE, or the PvP areas even implemented back then?

Yes.

#12 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

Really? Well then, I guess I'd stay on said server for...a few weeks then, maybe. lol

#13 bubblegum07

bubblegum07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

It appeals to a good certain crowd. I could see people on Classic coming over and even renewal players after playing on both servers. In any case, if they just varied the WoE times from the other servers I think more people would be active on iRO and spending more Heim$! I would have my favorite server back..

#14 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

I don't see this ever being a thing.

Just consider the numbers. Consider how much it costs to establish and maintain AN ENTIRE SERVER, including GM manhours. Consider how many players would actually start on this new server, and then leave due to lack of content. Consider the old EXP rates, the sheer tedium of fighting mobs that don't do anything but hit back at set intervals (no monster skills pre-Comodo, which is what you want), the ease at which players could farm MVPs and valuable cards, and the knowledge that this particular server will never ever get ANY of the updates we're so used to. At least Classic has an interesting update schedule.

Knights won't get CS, Wizzies won't get Mystical Amp, Sages won't be able to Indulge or Exhale or do anything that makes them useful (back to being a junk alt-client class), Sins won't have EDP or even SD, Priests won't be able to Assump, Rogues won't be able to Preserve... Hell, Monks won't be able to Zen.

We'd lose so many good things, and gain NOTHING. You want to play 2nd Classes-only, without ever transcending? Just make a 2nd Class in Classic and consider it a 'challenge'.

Finally, a quick question for you. When were cards implemented?

#15 bubblegum07

bubblegum07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

Farming MVP's and having an abundance of high tier gear and mvp cards is what we have now! Not what we had then..
Im not saying they couldnt keep things like eden, or kafra shop, or whatever will make them money. Just limit it to first and second classes. If we wanna play more classes we can hop on renewal or classic for a turn if events :)
Vit/dex ME sage was a crucial character for WoE. So important guilds leeched them up because it was near impossible to level without help. Your guild relied on you so heavily. So I would not say it is useless at all.
rogues divested, monks gfisted (and hell i remember the server before monks, bards and dancers were implemented!)
The server could do well.

As far as cards go, I played before crusader class, sage class, rogue class etc came out and i always remember cards being around

#16 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

why is this thread stiull going? I thought this was </thread> by the sixth post?

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

I knew a few friends who quit classic when trans came out for this reason, I can see it being a thing.

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

Can you imagine if classic's original playerbase were halved between two severs, then gravity made horrible customizations to both and left each about half of the current pop of classic? They'd get merged or closed quickly.

#19 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Farming MVP's and having an abundance of high tier gear and mvp cards is what we have now! Not what we had then..
Im not saying they couldnt keep things like eden, or kafra shop, or whatever will make them money. Just limit it to first and second classes. If we wanna play more classes we can hop on renewal or classic for a turn if events :)
Vit/dex ME sage was a crucial character for WoE. So important guilds leeched them up because it was near impossible to level without help. Your guild relied on you so heavily. So I would not say it is useless at all.
rogues divested, monks gfisted (and hell i remember the server before monks, bards and dancers were implemented!)
The server could do well.

As far as cards go, I played before crusader class, sage class, rogue class etc came out and i always remember cards being around

No. No Eden Group. There's no Eden in Classic as it is. If you wanted pre-trans, you'd have less updates than Classic. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to level a handful of characters to 2nd class that you need Eden for?

The only good things to come from this server is that the updates wouldn't have bugs or be completely broken because there wouldn't be any updates. And zeny sellers probably wouldn't touch this server.

The idea of a 1st or 2nd class-only server intrigues me, and it would hold my attention for a short while, but it won't happen. The closest thing your going to get is the Classic server. 

#20 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

We'd lose so many good things, and gain NOTHING. You want to play 2nd Classes-only, without ever transcending? Just make a 2nd Class in Classic and consider it a 'challenge'.

this came from the owner of perma trans-thief who have done 400 counts on low ti

i'd rather do this challenge rather than hopping in into an old-fashioned server

#21 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

I'd play this!

#22 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

I thought people would enjoy a server like this, but classic was like this for months and people just begged in droves to have the transcendent update. So while its a cute thought, historical precedent shows this idea would flop.

It's my belief that listening to old players who want their memory recreated is a bad idea for business. They'll check it out for a week and then move away, leaving the server dead with very few new blood coming in. Our Classic server may not be the PreRenewal a lot of old school hoped, but IMO it's good, because it's still evolving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users