A bunch of suggestions~ ^ ^ - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A bunch of suggestions~ ^ ^

5 replies to this topic

#1 RosieTato

RosieTato

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

Hey heys everyone~

I'm a bit of a newbie to RO2 but~ I still have some suggestions that might make some of the systems that are already existing inside the game a little more appealing and I would love some feedback about my ideas as well from anyone that ends up reading this :o.

--------------------------------

Pet system

--------------------------------

Okay so my first suggestion is regarding the pet system, or rather the DNA-summon system that is currently in play.

My idea regarding the system would be first and foremost changing the summons from very temporary, not very useful and sometimes outright annoying little critters into something more useful that is worth the massive amount of grinding involved in getting a single DNA strand, my ideas are as follows:

1) Improve the tool tip: As it stands while looking at my monster summon collection I can only gather what type of buff/debuff/action it would do and not how powerful it is, how it differs from other pets that say the same, for example "Buff(Agility)", there are several pets with that in their tooltip and no indication as to what differs in the buff between each.

2) all pets should be just that, pets that you summon and that would STAY with you giving you their bonuses and making the horrid grind of getting a single DNA strand worth your while. I have some ideas regarding each of the pet types I have noticed so far if they were to become eternal pets rather than extra skills.

-Buffer pets: pretty simple, the buffing pets that would now stay with you will follow the character around and provide a helpful and passive aura that empowers their owner and/or friendly targets in a certain area be it team-mates or simply any friendly player. Another way to go about the buffer pets would be that the pet would provide a buff only to their master, which could work alongside the aura pets as an alternative pet depending on your needs, be it helping the party or helping yourself.

For these pets the leveling progression could mean increasing the effect diameter of their aura to assist more players and/or increase the effect of their buffs.

-Debuffer pets: These should be pretty similar to the buffer pets with a slight difference. The main one is that they would NOT simply charge anything in the immediate area causing mobs of enemies to aggro on the player even if they did not want that. With that out of the way, the de-buffer pets should either provide a passive debuffing aura that would NOT cause aggro to nearby monsters OR would not affect the monsters if they are not in combat. Another way to go about it would be that the debuffer pets would actively cast their debuff skills on enemies that their master engages in combat making them useful instead of a nuisance.

For these pets the leveling progression could mean an increased effect of their debuff or should they provide an AOE debuffing aura it could mean increasing the range of said aura.

-Attacker pets: Much like the debuffer pet, the attacker pet should be on standby until their master engages in combat and only then attack their designated target. For AOE attacks with the attacker pets I would recommend a new mechanic that allows you to command certain pets with the power to deal AOE damage to activate their AOE attack while their auto attack would be single target. This mechanic could be simply pressing the summon button again or a new menu with their AOE skill.

For these pets the level progression could mean increased power of their attacks, increased range of their AOE attacks or even new attack abilities.

3) Leveling progression:

Since getting a single DNA strand could very much be a grinding nightmare (I hunted hokohoko's for two hours without stopping and still do not have a single complete strand of DNA x.x...same happened with the cowrings :s) An alternative way to progress your pet could be implemented. My idea towards it would be simply using your pet, having it run around with you and battle alongside your character (each pet in it's own way) while slowly getting stronger making your pets feel more valuable and important as they train alongside your character but of course a stronger pet of the same ability class would be the natural choice even if it is lower leveled as training it would bring better results.

Extra idea: Changing the different types of pets into all buffer pets. With the pets providing a constant aura of empowerment different types of buffer pets could be put into place with single star pets providing just one stat and/or benefit and 5 star pets providing five different benefits making the hundreds of hours one might have to put into grinding a single DNA strand of a 5 star monsters worth the trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------

Professions

-------------------------------

1) There is nothing much to be said and done with the current system, however there is one idea I have that might be more fun and rewarding for each of the different jobs.

I was thinking that each job could produce it's own special vanity products which would mean something like:

Alchemist ----> unique trade able pets that only alchemists are capable of creating.

Cook ------> Unique and trade able cards that only a cook is capable of producing OR unique foods that would allow players to shapeshift into different monsters either providing no bonuses (but looking very neat) or providing some bonuses for their use, perhaps movement speed.

Artisan -----> Unique and trade able costumes that the artisan could create

Blacksmith ------> Unique and trade able weapon costumes, altering the appearance of a certain weapon to something either utterly silly or pretty and shiny, again a vanity item that would be for looks OR one that would provide bonuses.

--------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now~<3 Thank you to anyone that actually read it all~ post a reply with your thoughts about it ^ ^

Edited by RosieTato, 11 April 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

the part about pet be permanent remembered me too much pockemon, but i liked the idea that they lv up using them and not keeping collecting dna.

your idea about the professin seems nice and sure would be more fun to do 

#3 RosieTato

RosieTato

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

thankies <3 and as for the pets being permanent, it's mostly because to me at least, it would feel a lot more rewarding and worth the effort it takes to create DNA strands :o

#4 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

About pet  :heh:  NOPE  :heh: I prefer pet being extra skill than a permanent or all my effort & money will be waste  :heh:

But maybe they can make "true pet system" like ur idea because those pet we're using now called "Monster Summon System"

#5 RosieTato

RosieTato

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

hee hee~ I suppose I didn't think about what to do with all the people who already wasted all that time gathering the DNA  :p_omg:, still I would love to see a more permanent reward to all that heavy grinding o3o

Edited by RosieTato, 12 April 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#6 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

Awesome idea... I really would like pets which I could summon and stay with me on for as long as I like the pet to stay... Though having pets which de-buff and buff could pose a balancing issues with all the classes ~ I guess one mitigation is some % decrease of buff/debuff per level... Could implement a different unlocking system for the pets which will generate money for gravity since its a company whose need and greed is money for its shareholders... "==

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users