Revival of Oridecon/Elunium (Refinement Update) [Edited as of 01/05] - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Revival of Oridecon/Elunium (Refinement Update) [Edited as of 01/05]

63 replies to this topic

#1 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

A poll for this thread has been created. Please post your questionaires there and leave the poll free on conversation please. If you wish to comment, please do so in this thread or PM me.

Poll: http://forums.warppo...nt-system-poll/

All rates and values are subject for criticism and adjustment. These are just my initial suggestions. If taken into serious consideration, rates may drop and more ores may be required. I just want a simple system that is fair to all players while still keeping the paying community very happy :) I'd greatly appreciate any feedback regarding a system like this if you have any ideas to help make it even better.

The current refinement system leave a lot to be desired. The way it currently is, it's either pay real money or you don't get to refine. There's absolutely no way you're even gonna get to +10 without spending a mountain of KP on Infinium and Powders. This KP-only system is very unappealing to a lot of players, myself included, and will result in a huge unbalance for those of us who play our best but refuse to spend hundreds of dollars, while those with bottomless wallets get a massive advantage over us. The main point I'm trying to get across is that for the non-paying player, refining is out of the question. That's why I propose a change to refinement, so that everyone has at least some chance to refine their gear and have fun doing it as well. I'd love to be able to refine some of my gear, but with the way things are now, that's not gonna happen. The biggest reason people don't like this system is because of the downgrading. Personally, I've used over 100 Infinium and Blessing Powder on my sword and it's only +6. That's more than $200 and I have almost nothing to show for it. But it's not only me, it's happening to everyone. Only a few can even get past the dreaded +10 which for some reason is harder to do than to get from +11 to +20. That makes absolutely no sense. So lets do a little comparison between the current system and the one I'm proposing.

Current System

• Extremely high investment, moderate/negative gain
  • No predictability. One day you have a +9 weapon. You try to refine it and you might go back to +0
  • Not applicable to non-paying players
  • Creates huge gaps between those who pay and those who don't
  • Weapon refining only. Nobody will waste their Infinium/Powders on refining armor

Ori / Elu Revival System

• Moderate/High investment, high gain
  • With downgrading virtually gone, predictability is very high
  • Very appealing to non-paying players since farming is a reliable method, yet can be boosted significantly using the Kafra Shop
  • Smaller gaps between players who pay, and those who don't and choose to farm instead
  • Because refining is not done with 1 universal item and these different items drop from the same source, armor refining it totally viable

The new system I propose would be a new take on what I believe to be the best refinement system in any game, the refinement system in Dark Souls. So how does that work exactly? To put it as simple as I can, there are different tiers of of refinement items. You start at tier 1 and as you increase the refinement, the amount of tier 1 items you need increases. Then you move to tier 2 where the process repeats. So lets give you a few visuals so we can understand how this will translate to RO2.

Weapon Refinement

397J5q7.pngRough Oridecon: For refining weapons up to +5. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

3YFrfWb.pngOridecon: For refining weapons from +6 to +10. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

gnwdROs.pngEnriched Oridecon: For refining weapons from +11 to +15. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

mDri1XZ.pngBradium: For refining weapons from +16 to +20. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

Armor Refinement

RlTeXDQ.pngRough Elunium: For refining armor up to +5. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

KtVN8xm.pngElunium: For refining armor from +6 to +10. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

2a5RRBC.pngEnriched Elunium: For refining armor from +11 to +15. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

Esf9nHR.pngCarnium: For refining armor from +16 to +20. [Refinement requirement per level: 1 ore, 2 ore, 3 ore, 4 ore, 5 ore. Total of 15 ore]

Refinement Increase and Farming Location

The amount each refinement will increase your Defense/Min-Max Attack/Magic Power will depend on which tier you are refining. A +20 weapon will have 30% more Min-Max Attack/Magic Power than a +0 weapon. and armor at +20 will have 25% more defense than armor at +0. There will be a small fee for refining your equipment. Also, Elunium will have a higher drop rate than Oridecon due to only upgrading 1-2 items using Oridecon and having 5 to upgrade using Elunium.

Tier 1: (Rough Oridecon/Rough Elunium) 1% increase to Defence and 1% to Min-Max Attack/Magic Power per refinement. [Farmable from any field mob. Higher chance from field bosses. Drop rate increases with higher level mobs]

Tier 2: (Oridecon/Elunium) 1% increase to Defence and 1% to Min-Max Attack/Magic Power per refinement. [Rare drop from normal mobs. Higher chance from field bosses. Farmable from Normal Dungeon mobs]

Tier 3: (Enriched Oridecon/Enriched Elunium) 1% increase to Defence and 2% to Min-Max Attack/Magic Power per refinement. [Very rare drop from normal mobs. Higher chance from field bosses. Farmable from Hard Dungeons and Normal Raids]

Tier 4: (Bradium/Carnium) 2% increase to Defence and 2% to Min-Max Attack/Magic Power per refinement. [Extremely rare drop from normal mobs. Higher chance from field bosses. Farmable from Hard Raids]

Refinement Rates

When refining your equipment you will have a choice between Normal Refine (Base 50% chance at +1) and Premium Refine (Base 60% chance at +1) Premium will increase the chance of refinement at the cost of more zeny. You will also need Pollinium to use Premium Refine services.

Normal Refinement (50% Base)

Refinement level / Success Chance / with Anvil (+10%) / with Emperium Anvil Anvil (+20%) / with Emperium Anvil and Hollgrenn's Hammer (+25%)

+1 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 75

+2 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 75

+3 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 75

+4 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 75

+5 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 75

+6 / 48 / 58 / 68 / 73

+7 / 46 / 56 / 66 / 71

+8 / 44 / 54 / 64 / 69

+9 / 42 / 52 / 62 / 67

+10 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 65

+11 / 37 / 47 / 57 / 62

+12 / 34 / 44 / 54 / 59

+13 / 31 / 41 / 51 / 56

+14 / 28 / 38 / 48 / 53

+15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 50

+16 / 21 / 31 / 41 / 46

+17 / 17 / 27 / 37 / 42

+18 / 13 / 23 / 33 / 38

+19 / 9 / 19 / 29 / 34

+20 / 5 / 15 / 25 / 30

Premium Refinement (60% Base)

Refinement level / Success Chance / with Anvil (+10%) / with Emperium Anvil (+20%) / with Emperium Anvil and Hollgrenn's Hammer (+25%)

+1 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 85

+2 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 85

+3 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 85

+4 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 85

+5 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 85

+6 / 58 / 68 / 78 / 83

+7 / 56 / 66 / 76 / 81

+8 / 54 / 64 / 74 / 79

+9 / 52 / 62 / 72 / 77

+10 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 75

+11 / 47 / 57 / 67 / 72

+12 / 44 / 54 / 64 / 69

+13 / 41 / 51 / 61 / 66

+14 / 38 / 48 / 58 / 63

+15 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 60

+16 / 31 / 41 / 51 / 56

+17 / 27 / 37 / 47 / 52

+18 / 23 / 33 / 43 / 48

+19 / 19 / 29 / 39 / 44

+20 / 15 / 25 / 35 / 40

Failing to Refine

Normal refinement has a "safe refine" up to +5 and Premium Refine has a "safe refine" up to +10. Above that, your equipment will have a chance to break if your refinement in unseccessful. Upon failure, you have a 50% chance to stay at the current refinement and a 50% chance for your equipment to break. This can be countered by using Hollgrenn's Hammer or using a large amount of Pollinium.

Crafting Services

Alchemist: If you're finding it too hard to get those rare ores, you can always choose to craft them using lower grade ores. Alchemists will have the ability to turn 5 ore into 1 higher tier ore. So 5 Rough Oridecon could be turned into 1 Oridecon and 5 Oridecon could be turned into 1 Enriched Oridecon. However, Carnium and Bradium can not be crafted......by normal humans.

Blacksmith: An alternative method to collecting Pollinium is to craft it. Pollinium is created by combining Oridecon and Elunium into 1 ore and creating an even stronger metal. The amount of Pollinium created will depend on what tier or Elunium/Oridecon is used. Carnium and Bradium can not be combined to create Pollinium.

Ranking Rewards

If you are one of our top tanking refiners, you will have the option to provide a refining service even better than Premium Refinement. Refining through these players will give you an extra 5% chance to refine over Premium Refinement and also consume 1 less Ore (to a minimum of 1 ore) Upon a successful refine, when using an anvil you also have an increased chance to upgrade twice and the chance of downgrading is reduced.

Kafra Shop

This game still needs a source of revenue so I've come up with a few KP items that should be pretty fair. When using premium refine, you can use 1 hammer as well as 1 anvil of your choosing.

Zx43vqP.png  Oridecon Random Box: (100 KP) Contains 1-5 refinement ores. Lower chance of obtaining higher tier ores. Does not include Bradium.

Zx43vqP.pngElunium Random Box: (100 KP) Contains 1-5 refinement ores. Lower chance of obtaining higher tier ores. Does not include Carnium.

Zx43vqP.png  Mining Elixir Box: (500 KP) Contains 10 Mining Elixirs that will increase refinement ore drop rate by 50% for 60 minutes. Stacks with Thief Potion.

6bbcrid.pngAnvil: (100 KP) When refining, increase your chance of successfully refining by 10% Upon successfully refining, you have a 10% chance to upgrade twice. Upon failing, you have a 1% chance to downgrade once (99% chance to stay at current refinement)

o448W0J.pngEmperium Avnil: (200 KP) When refining, increase your chance of successfully refining by 20%. Upon successfully refining, you have a 20% chance to upgrade twice. Upon failing, you have a 1% chance to downgrade twice (99% chance to stay at current refinement)

OgXdxad.pngHollgrehenn's Hammer: (120 KP) When refining, increase your chances of successfully refining by 5% and protects equipment from breaking durring refinement. Upon successfully refining, you have a 50% chance to consume 1-2 less ore durring that refinement. Upon failing, you have a 25% chance to gain back all ore used during this refinement attempt.

How you can help

I went over this proposal with Njoror and the VEPs and they seemed to really like this concept and Njoror thinks this will go over well with development if we get enough people who like it. Now that's not saying if enough people like it, it's gonna be in the game. That would be nice but it's not that simple. However, if we get enough feedback and know that people would prefer this over the current system, it will go over much better and have a better chance of being seriously looked into. So what I need from all of you is very simple, I need your input. Tell me what you like, what you don't like, why you think this would be an improvement over the current system, etc. I'll even make a little template for you all :) Feel free to answer any of the blanks/questions you want. If you wanna answer them all, that's even better :D

*Please fill this section out on the Poll thread.

Your IGN:

Your class:

What I like about this system:

What I don't like about this system:

Things I would change:

Your thoughts on the current refinement system (Infinium/Pollinium system):

Why do you think this new system would be an improvement over what we have now?

What do you think about the Kafra Shop items? (Value, rates, would you buy them)

Would you refine all of your equipment or just your weapon?

Any final thoughts or questions about this system?

Edited by Tiduspeco, 01 May 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#2 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

I know dat feeling ..... Spent ~150 infiniums/Blessing and my bow is +12  :p_cry:  

#3 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

I like this but i suggest to make the kafra a bit more appealing:

the success rate can be 50% if i have no fear i can break it a low rate is not so bad but is bad if every time I fail i lost my Odiecon /Elinium and here the kafra shop appear

whit box like yours but whit 5(?) infinium that allow me to protect my odiecon /elinium and preserve them if i fail the refinement.

#4 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I like this but i suggest to make the kafra a bit more appealing:

the success rate can be 50% if i have no fear i can break it a low rate is not so bad but is bad if every time I fail i lost my Odiecon /Elinium and here the kafra shop appear

whit box like yours but whit 5(?) infinium that allow me to protect my odiecon /elinium and preserve them if i fail the refinement.

Well I wouldn't exactly say that. I updated them a little more to make it a better value. I know a lot of people would buy up those random boxes just to get everything they have up to +15. At the very least, it would take 900 KP to do that, and that might happen once in a lifetime. The elixirs would then be used to farm the hardest ore to get which would get you up to +20. Since you need so many ore and the drop rate is so low, you'll be using 1-2 elixirs per raid and you may not even get any Bradium/Carnium. I think you may be underestimating just how much KP would be spent with this. It's not like if you farm the ores that they'd drop all the time. It would be a lower chance than DNA most likely. But as for the infinium system, I'm done with it. Too much for too little gain and it's not worth anyone's time who has any common sense and value of their own money.

#5 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

This makes sense, this makes a whole lot of sense, specially the "not break on fail" part...

Geez, since a while back I've yet to spend a single penny in game because of all these ratarded stuffs that'd been happening as of late... and it wasn't until yesterday that I managed to surpass the +10 mark on ONE of my weapons and it took a ridiculous amount of time to afford that... specially more than 50 or so Infiniums

I haven't spend nearly half the amount other people did to reach such heights... but honestly, I dont envy you...

After more than 100 infiniums, +16, on one, out of 4 of my weapons, which is one, out of nine of my gears, which are in one out of my four characters...

How many hours am I supposed to waste in game in order to up all those to +20? An infinity? Is this why the item is called «Infinium»?

A system like this sounds much much more appealing, I gotta say...

There are still ways to go full free with this system (altho you cant avoid the fact that you hare p2wining) without spending a single penny yourself... but its quite the ironic method...

In any case, this would kill the ranking system for refining business... so I would suggest they scalate in parts...

Like, upping the gear on normal methods has a 50% chance

Using the premium method scales it to 60%

If you add the KP hammer, chances would ingrease that to 70%

If you do all the others but are also using a Silver Anvyl, it boosts a bit more to 75%

or if you use all the others but instead of a Silver Anvyl you use a Golden Anvyl, it would give you the 80% chance of success...

I would rather be fair with the game too and keep a 20% minimum chance of failure...

Of course, I do agree with the gear not breaking, nor going backwards, it feels like the game slapped you on the face because you decided to spend your time and effort in it.

Well, nothing more comes to mind right now...

#6 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

I can easily edit in your ideas. I didn't even think of adding anvils. I'll add those in and make a few adjustments. Let me know if you like the ideas. We can always change them. If you have any more ideas I'd love to hear them.

#7 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

I've added your idea with my own little twist to keep things a little risky ;) Hope you like it.

#8 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Would increase in damage/defense by % be a good idea instead of a fixed value?

Classes like warriors and knights would benefit more from armor refining and classes like warriors and beastmasters more from weapon refining.

#9 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Would increase in damage/defense by % be a good idea instead of a fixed value?

Classes like warriors and knights would benefit more from armor refining and classes like warriors and beastmasters more from weapon refining.

That's why everything is subject to change. Besides, this is simply a concept. For now I think a % is fine but it's hard to say when the time will come that it's not. In theory using the same % should be good forever as long as the gear stat increase is consistant. To make things really simple, lets just say Knight's defense is 100 and Rogue's is 50. Rogue is 50% lower than Knight. Refined Knight would be 125 and Rogue would be 62.5. Rogue is still 50% lower than Knight. 2 tiers later they get better gear. Knight now has 200 and Rogue has 100. Still 50% lower for Rogue. Refined Knight would be 250 and Rogue would be 125. Rogue remains 50% lower than Knight. So as long as the gear scaling is consistant, there should be no problem at all with % scaling. Will that be the case? We have no idea. But like I said, it's only a concept and more than likely it will just fly under the radar unless it gets some serious attention.

Edited by Tiduspeco, 14 April 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#10 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Why not something even simpler without having to introduce new items in game.  Why not something like X amount of Polinium required for each level of refinement you do on your gear and have it increase the amount with each level.  So like a +20 item would require something like 2000 Polinium just for that level.  Basically 100 Polinium per level, it'd be a great way to get rid of that other wise useless item in game.  Allow failures to still happen, but not with such a severe punishment like going from +19 back to +10.  If it fails, it stays at same level, but consumes the Polinium you tried to refine with.  Also, have the failure rate scale as the refinement increases like it should do in game right now.

#11 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

I think the downgrading part is a bit too much for a pay item  :p_swt:   this syspem would priz3e who doesn't use them so it will never encounter the favour of the devs just delete the downgrade part and add a 10% more success rate it will be the best

#12 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

Why not something even simpler without having to introduce new items in game.  Why not something like X amount of Polinium required for each level of refinement you do on your gear and have it increase the amount with each level.  So like a +20 item would require something like 2000 Polinium just for that level.  Basically 100 Polinium per level, it'd be a great way to get rid of that other wise useless item in game.  Allow failures to still happen, but not with such a severe punishment like going from +19 back to +10.  If it fails, it stays at same level, but consumes the Polinium you tried to refine with.  Also, have the failure rate scale as the refinement increases like it should do in game right now.

That's the exact same system we had pre-AoV which was a far better system but still terrible.

#13 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

Anvils, right... where did I get the Y on anvyls from anyway??

Well, thanks for considering my feedback for your idea, altho we touched slightly different topics of the same matter...

Right now you are suggesting 3 success chance increase KP items, and 2 of them are Anvils while another is a hammer.

Would love to know, the idea is to at least be able to use both the Anvil and the Hammer together, right? that gives an 80% chance which is pretty good.

However, what worries me is that the concept idea is still not considering the people who are using the Ranking System for Refining on their business, in which some gets Silver Anvil and others get Golden Anvil, which gives an even higher success chance...

Not including a solution for those would imply a flaw on the suggestion itself.

On such matter, as fluke mentioned, having a lower base % of success rate as the higher the refinement level goes would be a good approach for the Ranking Refiners.

On one approach, we can have the Base Success Chance of the Refinement gets decreased with each refinement level, but the Ranking Anvils restore it, however the Ranking Anvils will never give a higher than the % offered by the selected refining method.

Lets say on the table:

Normal Refinement (50%)

Refinement level / Success Chance / with Silver Anvil (+10%) / with Golden Anvil (+20%)

+1 / 50 / 50 / 50

+2 / 48 / 50 / 50

+3 / 46 / 50 / 50

+4 / 44 / 50 / 50

+5 / 42 / 50 / 50

+6 / 40 / 50 / 50

+7 / 38 / 48 / 50

+8 / 36 / 46 / 50

+9 / 34 / 44 / 50

+10 / 32 / 42 / 50

+11 / 30 / 40 / 50

+12 / 28 / 38 / 48

+13 / 26 / 36 / 46

+14 / 24 / 34 / 44

+15 / 22 / 32 / 42

+16 / 20 / 30 / 40

+17 / 18 / 28 / 38

+18 / 16 / 26 / 36

+19 / 14 / 24 / 34

+20 / 12 / 22 / 32

Using the Premium Refine, the base success % is increased in 10% but Silver and Golden Anvil will still go no higher than 60%

Premium Refinement (60%)

Refinement level / Success Chance / with Silver Anvil (+10%) / with Golden Anvil (+20%)

+1 / 60 / 60 / 60

+20 / 22 / 32 / 42

Of course, the KP items can surpass the cap that normal items won't, but will still not give a guaranteed 100%

Premium Refinement (60%)

Refinement level / Success Chance / with Golden Anvil (+20%) / with KP Anvil or Hammer / with KP Anvil And Hammer

+1 / 60 / 60 / 70 / 80

+20 / 22 / 42 / 52 / 62

oh well... my brain is a fried egg again :v

#14 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

We could easily put that in. I'll make adjustments! But I'm gonna tier it a bit.

#15 D3ATHNOTE

D3ATHNOTE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

This needs to happen ASAP. I am tired of spending money on KP to upgrade my gear only to fail. Why should I give my hard earned money at the chance of failure. This isnt the lottery.

They need to get a similar system to this to encourage people to support their game. When you look at the Kafra shop and see nothing but bottomless pits.... You are not encouraged to spend money.

+1

Lets get this in the works!

#16 thokkfeng

thokkfeng

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

I love it mostly cause you have a kinda safe lvl which I usually only go up to in RO1 and when Ro2 had it. Good idea man keep honing it till its even better

#17 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

My only suggestion now, would be instead of Oridecon and Elunium which they've all but completely removed from the game, would be to make this work with the new items they've given us.  Otherwise what do we do with the current refinement items, trade them in for a 2nd time?  I think any time you can reuse an element or resource in the game already would make things a lot easier for the developers to implement good ideas like this.

#18 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

My only suggestion now, would be instead of Oridecon and Elunium which they've all but completely removed from the game, would be to make this work with the new items they've given us.  Otherwise what do we do with the current refinement items, trade them in for a 2nd time?  I think any time you can reuse an element or resource in the game already would make things a lot easier for the developers to implement good ideas like this.

That would ruin the whole tier system that this is based off of though. That's sorta the structure of the whole system. As for trade-ins, they could easily have 2 NPCs added. One will trade Pollinium for Ores, and the other will trade Infinium and Powders for Anvils and Hammers.

#19 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

That would ruin the whole tier system that this is based off of though. That's sorta the structure of the whole system. As for trade-ins, they could easily have 2 NPCs added. One will trade Pollinium for Ores, and the other will trade Infinium and Powders for Anvils and Hammers.

I understand the tier structure of the system, all I'm saying isn't easier for developers to re-use in game resources and re-purpose them, than to add new items and new npc's, maybe faster too?  I realize the problem with the in game items right now is well there aren't enough of them, with only Polinium, Pure Polinium, Lucky Powder, Blessing Powder and Infinium.  Its just something to think about, maybe they'd have to create a couple items if they re-use the existing, but that would still be less than creating 8+.

#20 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

I understand the tier structure of the system, all I'm saying isn't easier for developers to re-use in game resources and re-purpose them, than to add new items and new npc's, maybe faster too?  I realize the problem with the in game items right now is well there aren't enough of them, with only Polinium, Pure Polinium, Lucky Powder, Blessing Powder and Infinium.  Its just something to think about, maybe they'd have to create a couple items if they re-use the existing, but that would still be less than creating 8+.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't there 4 tiers of Elu/Ori pre-aov? I know there was powder, crystal, and piece, but I think there was 1 more. That would definitely work. Powder for +0 to +5 and pieces for +16 to +20

#21 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Imo its better if we remove the downgrade part up to +10, the low success chance is no problem (just like pre AOV). After +10, then it remains the same as it is now.

#22 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

Gravity has about 3 to worry about 1)Money Making 2)Balancing Issues 3)Ideas... :blahblah: 

(You can skip reading this part)____________________________________________________________________________________________

I got some EQ(Emotional Quotient) lessons for Gravity which aren't taught in elementary class and to intellectual elites... I know this is not a science class and definitely not a science class, but if you look and see... That observing emotional quotient which is mostly IN everyone of us, is partially or never really realized is definitely a fatal flaw upon developing a game which caters to the public...

Players generally don't want to loose hard earned items, but also gains pleasure upon earning items? Why? 

Because it is human nature to 'not lose something they generally work hard for...' And anything that a person loose something invokes negative emotions in the brain...' The opposite of loosing, which is 'earning/gaining' is also true... For those who work hard and gain/earn invokes pleasant emotions in the brain and it is very addicting(Which is why people play games in the first place... Hence, the escapism you gain from the surreal world of games...) Most games have a reward system which if implemented effectively can invokes pleasurable wonders in the brain, and it also increments as you talk and socialize about a certain item in the game...

Why does it increment every time you socialize? Because every time you socialize, you generate emotional responses invoking trust, and invoking trust in another person generates increased chances of survival, 'thus having more hands to gather food...' Truthfully were like ants working together for a common goal called survival... Except we don't have a queen but ourselves as queens... We have something called 'mirror neuron' in our brain that is very essential in learning... If one person generates a bad response from Gravity then about 30 people will mirror that and then will respond in 3 ways; run, fight, and trust... Translation: I am going to play another game, I am going to post a complain, I will keep playing the game.... If Gravity generates a better game with a great response then it will generate trust thus more people playing the game which could possibly mean players be paying 'X' amount of dollars from kafra shop or advertising... 

(The very source of why we do this type of behavior ~ 'Evolution' is the answer...)Evolution has it that for those who work hard gain ~food, and for those who don't ~ dies...

If you want to find out more and why? Check this website out:

http://wings.buffalo...ARUreport01.htm

Something more interesting than the report above;

http://health.howstu...ing-orgasm2.htm

Pick up the Game and Reap Rewards

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ideas/Money Generation Ideas... (Play with this idea

Players really hate the idea that they lose their hard earned favorite weapon in the game... I really like your idea and wish for it to be implemented, and I'd like to input along with your idea that currently the repair NPC is really very useless and just an annoying feature implemented in the game to try and make players 'work harder for the game itself'... Why not make it more useful... How about making every gear that has failed to refine lock itself from being equipped and used by the player for an X amount of time... After X amount of time the player could use it again by approaching the Repair NPC and paying for a few zeny and doing a quest using deleted LOTS quest, or I could use a token bought from the Kafra Shop to get the items back... No changes will be made to the equipment upon receiving the equipment by the player... Refinement can be done 2 time without fail

To prevent abusive use of the Repair NPC... Only one specific item can be unlocked by players at a X amount of time, unless token is used from kafra shop... No Exp can be gained upon doing quest...

While I certainly like the idea that I can upgrade after certain x amount of time, like in Call of Duty 4... I like the idea of being able to customize my gears according to my wish... Why not implement a refinement system which can change secondary stats... Stats like Movement Speed... Haste... Vigor ... Range for the AOE players and Attack Speed for the DPS players after x amount of time grinding gears... 

Make item refinement very hard to find for refinement... This would make drop items very useful in the Kafra Shop...

What I'm saying is IMPLEMENT THE DAMN THING ALREADY!!!......  :rice: If not this post will be read by some other competitor and implement it in their game and slap a copyright on it Gravity... By the way I permit use of my ideas Gravity.... GLHF....

#23 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

If I could get those who responded already and those who will respond to this in the future to fill out the questionaire at the bottom I would greatly appreciate it. We need a simple, consistant template to send to development so they can easily read and understand what is wrong with how they are doing things and what needs to be changed. I really appreciate the lengths some of you go to get your opinion across, but I don't think the devs are gonna sit down and read paragraph after paragraph. Yes of course you can write as much as you want, but they're going to be looking for short, simple answers. So if you could add the questionaire to the bottom of your post, you'd be helping us out so much :)

#24 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't there 4 tiers of Elu/Ori pre-aov? I know there was powder, crystal, and piece, but I think there was 1 more. That would definitely work. Powder for +0 to +5 and pieces for +16 to +20

Only Powder > Crystal > Piece > KP Items

#25 thokkfeng

thokkfeng

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Your IGN:WezleySnipes(I started over again I was once mvivi, stabyzz)

Your class:Ranger

What I like about this system:The fact that I can get em without spending money and there is kinda a safety level.

What I don't like about this system:Maybe just the hammers, I feel like it would just cause issues cause they would probably mess up its implementation.

Things I would change: Safety level based on the like level. I.E. lets say lvl 30 items make em like +6 or so etc etc.

Your thoughts on the current refinement system (Infinium/Pollinium system):Waste of time, no safety level, the trade off for the reward is very low unless you wanna spend -_- ton of real money.

Why do you think this new system would be an improvement over what we have now? Oh god yes, I played RO1 and it feels like you kinda toke there idea, but the safety level is what I always loved having. Mainly cause I can feel comfy with it.

What do you think about the Kafra Shop items? (Value, rates, would you buy them)

Would you refine all of your equipment or just your weapon? I would refine everything up to the safest I feel like risking.

Any final thoughts or questions about this system? Yes pitch it to them and don't give up till you get this in XD.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users