Help on my Equips and Build [Warlock] - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help on my Equips and Build [Warlock]

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Hey, everyone. Please, see this situation.

- Equips (PvM)

Costume Top: Full Moon

Top: +12 Skull Cap of Caster [1]

Middle: BFG Spell Master's [1]

Bottom: Ninja Scroll

Armor: +9 Panic Diabolus Robe [1] Int +3

Weapon: +10 TSoD Spell10

Shield: +9 Anti-Medium Valkyrja's Shield [1]

Garment: +9 Deviant FAW [1] Spell19

Footgear: +9 Enhanced Variant Shoes of Doom [1]

Accessory: Carefree RWC 2012 Pendant [1] INT+3 Spell3 MATK +3%

Accessory: Carefree RWC 2012 Pendant [1] INT+3 MATK +3% MATK +3% OR RWC 2012 Pendant of Mad Witch [1] INT+3 MATK +3% MATK +3% OR Buwaya Agimat Tattoo

Obs.: Besides these equips, there would still be others who would be changed when needed: the elemental armors; two others shields (with large and small sizes resistences) and three others accessories (with Smokie, Phen and Vitata Cards).

- Build

Str: 1 + 1

Agi: 64 + 5

Vit: 96 + 4

Int: 120 + 18

Dex: 1 + 9

Luk: 99 + 3

My request: This is the char that i'll create. Yes, i still don't have these gears. But i've the money to buy them. After researching, i still have some doubts, for example, with respect to the last accessory quoted. I can't decide between one of them. Furthermore, i would like you to comment the equipment chosen and the build that i made, based on them and the lv 150/50.

#2 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Up u.u

#3 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

Someone there?

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

Not iRO server?

Trying to accomplish what? PVM, MVP, PVP?

The gears look okay, but perhaps a little wasteful and unnecessary.

#5 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Its in iRO... Chaos. And the gears is for PvM and MvP.

#6 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

What do u think its wasteful and unnecessary?

#7 raining

raining

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

Dark Lord Card = 10% to cast meteor storm level 5 on getting physically hit. While meteor storm is going off, unless you have strings, you're not going to get the chance to cast another spell during that duration, so it's quite not an ideal card for a warlock unless you plan to level/kill by meteor storm. DR garment is nice for PvM, but most MvPs make use of elemental attacks which you'd take additional damage and with their extremely high MATK, would probably kill. Also as a plus, racial shields are better than the generic shields.

The choice between +6% MATK with INT +3 (+4.5 MATK) vs +7% MATK depends obviously on your MATK; it's not that much work to calculate it. Zeny would be better spent on upgrading your Thorn Staff of Darkness, as each upgrade will add a substantial amount of MATK from the refine combined with the Skull Cap.

#8 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

About Dark Lord i think u're right... So, a firelock on the shoes may be the better choice, but what the card i should put on the BFG? Isilla? AA?

About the garment, i can use elemental armors for specific situations and maybe purchase a faw sp19 with raydric too.

The initial shield is for PvM. After, i'll take a racial shield.

And about the accessories:

RWC gives to me Matk +7% (not 6%), Int +3 and the possibility of a card (like Scaraba or KBC). Buwaya gives +7% and the fixed reduce. But Buwaya is more cheaper (about 300-400m). RWC probably costs more than 500m (and plus like 600m for the KBC). Obviously without the combo dark lord and dark illusion, i can purchase a better upgrade on the TSoD.

Thanks for the answer.

#9 raining

raining

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Sorry, I've forgotten the initial +1% MATK on the RWC Pendant. For the BFG, I'd personally put in an AA card because I don't like spending a ton on SP supplies in PvM, and comet (the main AoE skill I use in PvM) does use a lot of SP when continuously released, but that is just my preference.

Take note though, the buwaya tattoo's fixed reduction is useless since in terms of fixed cast, Radius at level 2/3 gives 10%/15% fixed cast reduction even without sacrament (which gives reduced 50% fixed cast), and the highest value is only taken in account for fixed cast reduction.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Warlocks kind of suck in general at MVPing, so that's why I'm saying it's kind of a waste.

#11 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. I understand ur point Kasshin, but its my wish y.y

And about the build, what do u think?

#12 raining

raining

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

It's been a while so I'll try to dig it up, but there is a way you can calculate stat wise which stats give you the most MATK. For example, I noticed that you have 120 INT; 119 INT to 120 INT costs 28 points for 1.5 MATK, while you can get 10 DEX for less stat points, which gives you 2 MATK.

1 INT = 1.5 MATK

3 LUK = 1 MATK

5 DEX = 1 MATK

Honestly though, I personally thought it was a waste of time to calculate the best distribution; stats don't matter as much as gears do PvM wise, so any reasonable combination of INT/DEX/LUK works if you're thinking of purely MATK.

#13 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Btw, Luk seems to be better than Dex, dont u think?

#14 1839651833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationJava

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

You're wasting stats on LUK

120 INT 29 DEX 90 LUK will give 4more MATK on your build and 17 left over on stats point. Get the balance one if you aim for more matk

Also getting too high agi is waste because staff and shield give big aspd penalty even with berserk potion. According to calc 50 agi with same setup as yours only fall 1 aspd, ofc calc is not right but idk if 1-2 aspd matters to you

#15 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

very interesting, thank u

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I recommend collecting the different empowered mora sets (at least the crimson one) to reach the highest possible damage potential as well. Just because of that, Warlocks would have a lot more gears to choose from compared to other classes.

#17 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Mora gears along with the Empowered weapons.Vesper card on each upper and mid headgear respectively.

That's as far as I can think of for killing MVP.

#18 PierreCoffin

PierreCoffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users