12 replies to this topic

#1 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

hello all

want to know what u guys think about the invisibility skill. i've heard stories of how ppl can use it in woe/pvp (ghosting the emp SS storm gust) etc. but to get invisibility u have to sacrifice a large part of your skill tree, and forces u to invest points into the useless skills such as masq lazy and masq unlucky.

i'm debating whether to point the points into deadly infect and invisibility or to give up invisibility completely and have an extra 14 points to point into the painting skill tree instead, max blood lust & manhole etc.

what do u guys think? what skills trees do u guys use. this character's main use is for pvp and woeing. does invisibility beat the blood lust skill tree?

#2 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

i have sc breaker a.s.s for woe
for me it not worth (i dont know how iro woe condition), but it always huge war in my server so if i use invis, i cant use healing item. its make me die in vain

and invis very efective if u have small int/maxsp i think, because duration always same 49s or 59s i forgot, if duration run out, u only need little ammount sp recovery item to full recovery sp and cast invis again, its pain if u have huge amount sp.not to mention u didnt have damage for a..s..s if u have small int.

for woe,u need bloodlust tree i think
bloodlust good for make inspi rg and shura runout sp

feint bomb, allow you fast escape in woe

chaos panic good for defend, make your enemy move error

and if your sc is masque/divest type u didnt need invis, just go for bloodlust tree

Edited by samudra, 16 April 2014 - 04:13 AM.

#3 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

oo youre right. mine is a divest build as well. bloodlust seems the way to.go

but what about emp breaker types? what do u guys use? do u guys invis before emp breaking?

if not, what situations are invisible good for? it does sound like a really cool skill but just not sure if its actually useful

#4 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

To my understanding the skill invisible is great because you can attack pretty much in cloak mode and even tho you can't use items you can use auto casting gears. So a PVM skill mainly.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

It dawned on me that there's a certain thing that you can do to troll other players with the use of Invisibility, but I retracted that after realizing there's just too many damn Maya Purple cards on this server for it to be worth it at all.

Don't forget that other players can still attack you with ground-targeted skills when you're in Invisibility. AutoShadowSpell also has a duration. You're not likely to retain ShadowSpell for very long near the end of Invisibility's duration.

As Pineyman states, Invisibility is more for PVM rather than PVP. This is because of the high volume of Maya Purple cards floating out there. Don't forget that people can still see attack animation and sound occurring on objects being attacked by you. People don't have Maya Purples can still find you hitting their Emperium if they are careful enough to see it.

#6 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

It dawned on me that there's a certain thing that you can do to troll other players with the use of Invisibility, but I retracted that after realizing there's just too many damn Maya Purple cards on this server for it to be worth it at all.

I'm pretty certain that Invisibility cannot be detected by Maya Purple, or similar effects, just like Feint Bomb's invisibility portion.

That being said, Blood Lust is a must for WoE. It's almost on the same level as Suicidal Destruction, or Stasis. A single Bloody Lust can either ensure a swift victory, or turn the tide of a fight completely around.

Edited by Tofu, 16 April 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#7 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

oo youre right. mine is a divest build as well. bloodlust seems the way to.go

but what about emp breaker types? what do u guys use? do u guys invis before emp breaking?

if not, what situations are invisible good for? it does sound like a really cool skill but just not sure if its actually useful

the good situatuons? only for fleeing i think hahaha
or hunting in map lot of monster, because u can gather mob while invis

i didnt get what good about this skill, 1st i think it was good skill,but so many counter for invis
and yeah i only use when emp breaking
u cant cancel the skill effect

u need 0sp to make invis cancel

u cant use another skill while invis

u cant use potion, but u can get damage for physical area skill and magic

and howl mandragora & bloodlust can easy counter invis if u use for emp breaking

too much skill point u spend to get this useless skill

and i pretty sure, invis can detect by maya purple because i often caught by howl mandragora even i use before hit anything

even if u compete 1vs1 while emp breaker, invis will give benefit to them not to you
lot of them have area skill, like rolling cutter gx,bloody swing rg, ignition break/db rk.

Edited by samudra, 16 April 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

I'm pretty certain that Invisibility cannot be detected by Maya Purple, or similar effects, just like Feint Bomb's invisibility portion.

Are you sure? I've never tested to see if you can be detected by people wearing Maya P's with Invisibility, but you sure can see people or objects getting damaged by a Chaser attacking while in it though. I remembered killing a Chaser in WoE once when they thought they were clever enough to attack the Emp while in Invisibility. You could literally see "something" damaging the Emp with seemingly nobody around.

#9 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

ah you guys are right.

invisibilty just has too many disadvantages. mainly cause u cant drink pots during the duration and u cant cancel it when u want to.

where as if ure fighting normally without invis u can aleays pot the damage or divest/lust ppl targeting u.

i was so hoping it was a good skill @.@ it does sound pretty cool an idea tho. just too many faults with it. if u can heal with in it it may be worth it.

#10 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Are you sure? I've never tested to see if you can be detected by people wearing Maya P's with Invisibility, but you sure can see people or objects getting damaged by a Chaser attacking while in it though. I remembered killing a Chaser in WoE once when they thought they were clever enough to attack the Emp while in Invisibility. You could literally see "something" damaging the Emp with seemingly nobody around.

The last time (and only time) I ever ran into a chaser using invisibility was during ymir's final days. Some chaser using invis + a ton of autocasts was hitting us, and maya p wasn't doing anything at all.

This means a chaser COULD use it to perfect hide, for like a recaller to sneak past barricades as the guardian stones are being put up.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

The last time (and only time) I ever ran into a chaser using invisibility was during ymir's final days. Some chaser using invis + a ton of autocasts was hitting us, and maya p wasn't doing anything at all.

This means a chaser COULD use it to perfect hide, for like a recaller to sneak past barricades as the guardian stones are being put up.

I suppose you're right. They'd need to be really prepared to take a big hit going through any potential precasts on the way though. taking too long means it'll wear off as well. Not to say it wouldn't take much work to use an Ygg to fully restore the SP before going back into Invisibility.

Anyone want to test this thoroughly to see if it still works that way?  xD  Let me know if you've got more information about this.

#12 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Thought this was worth mentioning:

You can "force" invisibility to end whenever you choose, by equipping/unequipping certain items to drain your sp, because you can still switch equipment even while under invisibility.

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Thought this was worth mentioning:

You can "force" invisibility to end whenever you choose, by equipping/unequipping certain items to drain your sp, because you can still switch equipment even while under invisibility.

It's the same concept as using gears carded with "SP drain upon unequip" effects to get rid of Crystallize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users