10 replies to this topic

#1 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

You have had Dev control of this game for some time now id say. My challenge for you is to prove us all wrong.  Post us something your working on thats original content. It can be anything even a basic low lvl mob or an original item of any kind. I have it set in my head this isnt possible anymore and that can only mean one thing. Alter of Sacrafice was the last ever original content in this game. Am i wrong? Please tell me it isnt so. We usually get 1 yearly update of original content even if thats only 1 raid/dungeon. The latest update doesnt count as all mobs and the boss are copy and pasted from other sections of the game and barely edited. The new armours are also old armours recolored.

#2 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'm pretty sure we showed this late last month during our live stream, but here you go.

This encounter is tentatively set for Early May:

Dragon.pngDragon-Head.png

Dragon-Side.png

And heres a new weapon we are making:

axe_crystal_mesh_prototype001.png

As we stated before, newer content requires a lot more time to make, animate, balance, ect. During the time of development we are filling in gaps of non-existent content (mainly level 80-90). We've been doing streams monthly to keep everyone up to date on our status.

*Edit* We try to show everything when it's a little more refined. While we have tons of roughs that our artist make, the quality is far from what the final product is. 

#3 Ser4ph1m

Ser4ph1m

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Very beautiful axe

I understand that art take a lot of time and work, really hard work. Like game changes, hard work too.

But why the idea for events are so poor? We could have one event every week, I'm sure it could work very well.

#4 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

Very beautiful axe

I understand that art take a lot of time and work, really hard work. Like game changes, hard work too.

But why the idea for events are so poor? We could have one event every week, I'm sure it could work very well.

Sadly we tried to make new events for holidays (Christmas, St. Patrick's Day), but for the amount of time it took the staff to work on this it could have gone to a much more important area of the game (class balance, item balance, zone creation).

That being said, we aren't abandoning seasonal events all together. Some of the minor ones we might just let through as is (like this easter event) but others that have more meaning in Requiem will get at least a tad bit of loving.

#5 Ser4ph1m

Ser4ph1m

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

I see, i guessed was simple make a event, but in reality is not. Sorry for the last  2 spicy posts. Gambare!

#6 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Sadly we tried to make new events for holidays (Christmas, St. Patrick's Day), but for the amount of time it took the staff to work on this it could have gone to a much more important area of the game (class balance, item balance, zone creation).

That being said, we aren't abandoning seasonal events all together. Some of the minor ones we might just let through as is (like this easter event) but others that have more meaning in Requiem will get at least a tad bit of loving.

Are you serious? it takes so much time to make an event? we are not asking for unicorns or fairies or some amazing new event (which new ones have been fail) give us the afk event or the chance maker event where we got a cm in our bags every 3 hrs, do you even remember that? Or maybe a battlefield event? little extra points to encourage people to go there more, why not make a battlefield event for specific maps like ion mine or your new 5 v 5 maps that people get something extra for going to these? maybe encourage people to use these which havent been happening, new battlefield map that no one uses, do you even think about that?

i really dont think such events are taking so long to arrange, also in the past when GMs where messing up which was always a regular thing we got more drop bonus, more lant, exp for a day or so to make up for that, this is the kind of things which would make people play.

As for your new Raid, what is the point of it? at the moment people are leaving requiem because they are bored of the same failures, maybe if you work on the smaller things like events then the big things after you have an actual game population, customers always right? Not to mention cresent, do you realise how you failed that?

Also ill just say it here anyways, reading through your and helliums commander/protector comments is a joke, neither of you have played commie or prot, you ask community for an opinion, most of which complain about facestike, then we read helliums feedback which says this skill wont be change, so why ask for opinions if you just ignore, we are the players, you are not, i realise i wont get a reply from you guys because you dont take complaints or critisizm very well you prefer to ignore your active, long time players and instead reply to everyone of Sayuz's spam.

So many questions and will never be answers, simply because you dont have a clue.

#7 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Art assets take time, but not that much time. I can reasonably create a new armor set every 2 days, a new monster in 3-4 days, and 2 new weapons a day. This is for the model, applying the model to the base mesh, rigging the meshes, animating them, and texturing them using Requiem's texture format.

Edited by Cleffy, 16 April 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#8 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Bumblefoot: im bored!!!!

Alteris: shuttt  upppp!!

#9 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

Well i asked for it and you gave it. I look foward to seeing these in game and comparing to current items/mobs

#10 Ser4ph1m

Ser4ph1m

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Art assets take time, but not that much time. I can reasonably create a new armor set every 2 days, a new monster in 3-4 days, and 2 new weapons a day. This is for the model, applying the model to the base mesh, rigging the meshes, animating them, and texturing them using Requiem's texture format.

hire this man now  :chomok01:

#11 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

Are you serious? it takes so much time to make an event? we are not asking for unicorns or fairies or some amazing new event (which new ones have been fail) give us the afk event or the chance maker event where we got a cm in our bags every 3 hrs, do you even remember that? Or maybe a battlefield event? little extra points to encourage people to go there more, why not make a battlefield event for specific maps like ion mine or your new 5 v 5 maps that people get something extra for going to these? maybe encourage people to use these which havent been happening, new battlefield map that no one uses, do you even think about that?

i really dont think such events are taking so long to arrange, also in the past when GMs where messing up which was always a regular thing we got more drop bonus, more lant, exp for a day or so to make up for that, this is the kind of things which would make people play.

As for your new Raid, what is the point of it? at the moment people are leaving requiem because they are bored of the same failures, maybe if you work on the smaller things like events then the big things after you have an actual game population, customers always right? Not to mention cresent, do you realise how you failed that?

Also ill just say it here anyways, reading through your and helliums commander/protector comments is a joke, neither of you have played commie or prot, you ask community for an opinion, most of which complain about facestike, then we read helliums feedback which says this skill wont be change, so why ask for opinions if you just ignore, we are the players, you are not, i realise i wont get a reply from you guys because you dont take complaints or critisizm very well you prefer to ignore your active, long time players and instead reply to everyone of Sayuz's spam.

So many questions and will never be answers, simply because you dont have a clue.

maybe we should quote this 8 times in a row?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users