Sura ? Shura ? What is it ? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sura ? Shura ? What is it ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

Are they Chinese monk ?
Did they worship a god ?
Did they exist in the ancient ?
I just want to know  :p_omg:
19260814.jpg

#2 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Offline

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:13 AM

It is said that the faith of the acolyte is not only for the mind, but the path one walks must also be for the body.

It takes more than just the mind, but it also takes confidence, and the time and effort, along with self discliple to be able to change jobs.

For the faith, one must be good until they achieve a disciplined body. Until then, it will take much time and effort. Others have come to fear and respect those who are called monks.

With combo and separate attacks, the mysterious power of one must not only be physically strong, but also have great strength and tough blow/hits.

Now Rune Migard's King, Tristan the 3rd's proclamation to the large Catholic church's archbishop, in following the bidding of all meanings of faith, wants them to set forth on a war against evil.

Eventually, the Monk realizes the limits of the human mind and body... The force in his punches is feared, but his spirit is unsatisfied: His mind, body and spirit are not yet in perfect harmony. Through intense dedication and rigorous training, the Monk can finally tap into the total strength of his entire being as a Champion of faith. 

When Satan Morocc re-emerged, some Monks abandoned their duty as loyal servants of God and chose to seclude themselves to further develop their physical prowess. They were looked down upon as "Power Mongers," but these Monks offered no excuses for their actions. In order to control their newfound power, they lost their humanity in the process. But they never forgot their roots and continue to use their power for righteous deeds calling themselves Suras also known as Gods of War.

#3 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

Google it and thy shall know all about thee Ashura.

#4 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

http://en.wikipedia....Deva_(Hinduism)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura

#5 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

Google it and thy shall know all about thee Ashura.

1524878_578435932242860_1538680645_n.jpg

I had googled with the terms Sura and Shura, but there were no thy terms like Ashura emerged.
Devas beckon for me.

#6 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

Sura/Ashura they both mean the same thing.

This is base on the Chinese Buddhism. 

Bare with my translation, since it's bad if you know chinese.

In the meaning of the buddhism:

There are 6 ways of life form, once one form of life is dead, then the sprite will then transform to another way depends on the sins/goods that sprite did.

This is called the 6 way cycle.

1. Heaven

2. Human

3. Ashura

4. Animal

5. Hungry Ghost

6. Hell

The first 3 ways are the good ways, while the last 3 are the bad ways.

For example:

If I do a lot of good things, helped a lot of people in my this life, then my next life will be gonna either be in Heaven/Human/Ashura life with good benefit from the goods that i do.

If i do a lot of bad things such as criminal, killing people etc, then my next life will be gonna be at animal/hungry ghost/Hell and suffer from the sins that i do.

However Ashura is kinda different than other five, because Ashura can exits in any way that is mentioned.

Ashura is known as the god of war, They tend to use fighting to solve any problem they have. They are easily provoked to violence and hence they usually lived apart from the society.  

The male Ashura is ugly while the female Ashura is pretty. 

#7 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

19260814.jpg

Saving this for tonight  :p_devil: .

#8 Baturiano