Sad and True story of iRO,WarpPortal please fix this! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sad and True story of iRO,WarpPortal please fix this!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jiun

Jiun

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

I am incredibly sad to say that I will be moving to a Ragnarok Renewal Free Server. I have been wanting to play Ragnarok for a very long time. I finally got the chance to play and I actually got some friends to join me. It is sad to say that the Original Ragnarok server lags WAY too much to be playable. We tried everything to remove the lag. We even started a new account through Steam and deleted the original characters we made just to give it a chance and see if the game wouldn't lag through Steam. Again with no luck. All three of us have great gaming computers, ALTHOUGH I NEVER THOUGHT A COMPUTER COULD BE TOO GOOD FOR A GAME, and we all play using 20MB internet connection.

The only reason I am writing this post is because I am sad I didn't get to enjoy one of the BEST MMOs ever made in its original form and glory. And its sad because they don't make games like Ragnarok anymore. I really hope Warpportal fixes this and gives Ragnarok a chance to grow again.

If your lucky enough to be playing here without lagging, I envy you. ENJOY!

Take care and have fun playing!!!!

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

You should have chosen a packet prioritization service like http://www.lowerping.com/ instead of stuff like new steam accounts.

Edited by Jaye, 21 April 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#3 Jiun

Jiun

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Any game that NEEDS a third party application to run is NOT working properly. Specially when much more demanding games AND FREE SERVERS play perfectly fine without them.

Take care

#4 Jiun

Jiun

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

Any Warp Portal admin care enough to reply to this about server quality? I am assuming everyone wants Ragnarok to return back to its former glory and it will not happen, sadly, if the servers are not up for the task of giving players the gaming experience they expect. And I will tell you this, as I have said before. I love Ragnarok and I believe it can still be saved, because there is NO other MMO like this one. If Warp Portal needs a representative or GM for the Spanish speaking community, I am completely available. I live in Puerto Rico and speak both English and Spanish as my main languages. I would just really like to help and be here for when RO grows again. This game is a passion for me.

Take care 

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:08 AM

lol,they don't hire GMs from outside their offices.

Anyways,some hardware upgrades are being installed with this maintenance.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

I play with ZERO lag outside of WoE, and not very much lag even during WoE. 

The problem is your ISP, or the connection between your ISP and Gravity. 

Many people who use Comcast have to use Lowerping to get a decent connection,  because Comcast routes through AS6453/Tata Communication Global en route to NTT (gravity's ISP). AS6453 sucks in many regions. But there are other crap backbone providers, and other ISPs that go through them as well.

Programs like wtfast and lowerping cause the routing to take a different path (through wtfast/lowerping), thus keeping your traffic off of the bad route, preventing lag. 

Blaming Gravity for network lag is like blaming the supermarket for the potholes on the road you take to get there. 

#7 Jiun

Jiun

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

I play with ZERO lag outside of WoE, and not very much lag even during WoE. 

The problem is your ISP, or the connection between your ISP and Gravity. 

Many people who use Comcast have to use Lowerping to get a decent connection,  because Comcast routes through AS6453/Tata Communication Global en route to NTT (gravity's ISP). AS6453 sucks in many regions. But there are other crap backbone providers, and other ISPs that go through them as well.

Programs like wtfast and lowerping cause the routing to take a different path (through wtfast/lowerping), thus keeping your traffic off of the bad route, preventing lag. 

Blaming Gravity for network lag is like blaming the supermarket for the potholes on the road you take to get there. 

My problem is my ISP, when I can play RO2 100% no lag against boss fights with full parties?

BTW having to NEED lowerping to play is ridiculous. I don't mind paying for the actual game, but it is stupid to pay lowerping, so I can then pay WP for a VIP membership.

My connection speed is 20+mps. No issues here. And my PC can run any game max specs no problem. Again, this is not boasting. And this is not fighting.

I am angry and upset because of HOW MUCH I LOVE RO and how much I want to play it properly. Of course bring new people in it too.

Take care

#8 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Have you done the TCP delay thing?

#9 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

the lag exist in every game...no matter your conection...now i have a mega crappy conection of 2MB and can play free-lag(outside woe of course) so i don´t know what´s the problem but its you becuase if the game have that big problem then nobody play it right? of course some times we have lag-spikes but not that bad that makes the game un-playable

also WTFast/Lowerping and other tools like this are OPTIONAL and are there to try help play better, its not becuase the game its bad designed its just that games so bigs like this and having players all around the world cannot fix EVERY issue so this tools help you if you are a "special" case or want to play better just that -__-

even games like WoW in their forums and guides encourage you to use some addons and its not becuase WoW its bad game :P

also before attacking everyone you should be trying to send a ticket informing your problem maybe some GM or someone from staff can help you step by step. 

good luck.

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

My problem is my ISP, when I can play RO2 100% no lag against boss fights with full parties?

BTW having to NEED lowerping to play is ridiculous. I don't mind paying for the actual game, but it is stupid to pay lowerping, so I can then pay WP for a VIP membership.

My connection speed is 20+mps. No issues here. And my PC can run any game max specs no problem. Again, this is not boasting. And this is not fighting.

I am angry and upset because of HOW MUCH I LOVE RO and how much I want to play it properly. Of course bring new people in it too.

Take care

You are fighting because you refuse to accept the explanation azzy gave.

If I have to travel from ity A (I'll call it "my home") to city B (let's call it Ragnarok Online) and have to cross a busy bridge to get to it to the north, I will have a delay getting to there. If I need to go to city C (let's call it FF XIV) and take a seperate bridge to the southeast and nobody ever uses that bridge, I will get there quick. I wouldn't be able to say "I can get to city C just fine, it defies logic that I can't get to city B fast!". Because that would be ignoring a LOT of information, such as the path to each being completely different.

Your excuse to argue with azzy is not technically sound and shows a lack of understanding to the topic you're arguing.

Lowerping is like your buddy who shows you some backstreets you can take to dodge traffic. You'll never be able to get to city B quickly without taking those back streets, unless you're having a lucky day, so you have to deal with it.

Edited by Jaye, 07 May 2014 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users