What's Wrong with Bowling Bash? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's Wrong with Bowling Bash?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 KMEO

KMEO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:41 AM

:ani_bzz:

[venting my frustration with Bowling Bash]

There's seriously something wrong with Bowling Bash (BB for short). Most of the time, BB works well, but there are times where it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. For some reason, when I'm mobbing 10-20 enemies and they're all in a 1x1, 1x2, or 2x1 cell, IT ONLY HITS ONE. However, when my LK is surrounded by a 3x3 cell radius filled with mobs, I somehow manage to hit everything around me. WTF????????????????? :angry:

Seriously, I get killed EVERY TIME BB only hits 1 out of the 20 monsters that I conveniently funnel in a 1x1 cell. I've noticed that when my Lord Knight is backed up on an edge or I corner myself to try and funnel the mob, thinking they'd all get hit, and much to my dismay, it only hits one. In addition, when a Marionette casts firewall on top of me, it "pushes" me on the same spot and my BB seems to only hit 1 of the many surrounding monsters I target. In order to "unbug" my BB, after a Marionette firewall's my ass, I have to move a few cells away from my original location, but with Endurance running out after I use it on a big mob, it's virtually impossible for me to get out of that tight spot. The skill is frustratingly buggy. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good skill to level up with (a lot faster than my previous ASPD build), but the problem with it not functioning the way it's intended is annoyingly fatal to my LK. I can easily solo the current Marionette and Headless Mule turn-in, but I've died about 10+ times when it bugs out like that. Is there anything else I should know about BB that I am not aware of? A trick of some sort.

[/venting over]

<_<

NOTE: I've already modified my TCP/IP settings to where I don't get position lagged anymore.

#2 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

It's a known problem with BB that's been around since the beginning of time.

Read this.

#3 KMEO

KMEO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

It's a known problem with BB that's been around since the beginning of time.

Read this.

"There is an invisible grid on every map that reverts the skill to its older self when performed inside it. The grid is present on every cell that is divisible by 40 on the X or Y coordinates, and the five adjecent cells to those." - iRO Wiki

So, are the red tiles I see on YouTube videos with RCX on are the tiles that are messed up for BB? If so, does RCX currently work? I'd like to use it to "bandaid" this glitch.

#4 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Well currently nope, it doesn't work on Renewal anymore thanks to an update few months ago, but still okay on Classic. And the developers have dropped the project also, so you should either learn how to do it properly or switch to Brandish Spear.

#5 KMEO

KMEO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Well currently nope, it doesn't work on Renewal anymore thanks to an update few months ago, but still okay on Classic. And the developers have dropped the project also, so you should either learn how to do it properly or switch to Brandish Spear.

Can't really "do it properly" if it's a glitch in the game. Can't subconsciously count the cells in the game all the time. Guess I'll just have to wait 'til I get Ignition Break since I just recently bought a Violet Fear. Can't let it go to waste :\

#6 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

My LK account was completely crippled by RCX breaking. Oh well, I guess people weren't meant to play trans classes so much. IB will be much less of a headache for you.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Good think lord knight is such a short leg of your journey.

#8 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

If I get that glitch, I double rightclick (to get centered north), hit endure and walk a few cells diagonal to northeast, northwest, southeast or southwest, and BB works :)

I don't know if that's actually making sense, but someone suggested that to me years ago, and it has been working for me ever since. Can be a pain in some dungeons :)

#9 KMEO

KMEO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:39 AM

If I get that glitch, I double rightclick (to get centered north), hit endure and walk a few cells diagonal to northeast, northwest, southeast or southwest, and BB works :)

I don't know if that's actually making sense, but someone suggested that to me years ago, and it has been working for me ever since. Can be a pain in some dungeons :)

The problem is that Endure runs out before I can even move from the hit-locked state my LK is in. The seven-hit limit is just crap. Maybe dump it to 10 or 15? It's the only swordman class skill I frequently use.

#10 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

The problem is that Endure runs out before I can even move from the hit-locked state my LK is in. The seven-hit limit is just crap. Maybe dump it to 10 or 15? It's the only swordman class skill I frequently use.

spam spear dynamo?

#11 KMEO

KMEO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

spam spear dynamo?

I just read the skill, and apparently, it works for non-spear weapons. That's cool. Might kill me faster because of the 25% defense redux, but it might just give me a window of opportunity to survive the glitches BB'ing. However, it's still a very -_-ty bandaid for a bugged skill.

#12 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

spear dynamo 1 is quite sufficient for endure and your def only drops 5%

But yeah it is annoying and I have not really used the skill since I learned IB

#13 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

BB knocks the mob you target back in the direction you were LAST facing.  So if you're going west to pull mobs from the east and you turn to hit them, the mob gets knocked A) behind you, or B.) through the hoard of mobs and past them without hitting anything.  You have to turn around and take a step back in the direction(in this case, turn and move at least 1 cell back towards the mob) to correct it.  I've tested this repeatedly and it's the only way it works properly, or if you're lucky to get a Magnum break off it works sometimes but not always

Edited by Alanthier, 24 April 2014 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users