• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderBronco

ThunderBronco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

A long time since I played Ragnarok for the last time, I'm back now and I would like to know if DB still better/more viable than IB on 150.

My RK is 132 now with 46k HP / 1250 SP and my DB dmg is around 13k. I don't think it's good enough. 

And what about Storm Blast with 80 ~ 90 int?

Edited by ThunderBronco, 21 April 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Get DB even if you are an IB build. Actually, these are all requirements for EVERY RK: DB 10 (training 5) and Rune Mastery 10 regardless of build. With some average DB gears and a higher level (higher levels get more HP / SP) you will be able to raise the damage to 18k+ easily. DB is best in endgame situations when under Magic Strings for spammability.

#3 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

would a incubus carded mid slot headgear benefit a DB build significantly?

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

All mid headgears do not benefit any class significantly at all in general, unless they are MVP carded or unless using them for a very specific use. Lower headgears have even less effect and cannot even be carded. The game just values garment, armor, weapon, shield etc. a lot more and those gears are much more significant.

That being said, Incubus mid is generally the best mid damage-wise for a DB RK. It won't really make the difference between three shotting and two shotting a certain monster, but it would make a difference in needing 100 hits to kill an MVP vs. 99 hits to kill the MVP. However, if you rely on SP regen, note that the SP regen penalty is quite noticeable and gets kind of annoying.

#5 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

my current gears are:

+9rwh with carat card
250sp peuz seals
variants
+7nid garb
200sp moonlight dagger
fish in mouth

im considering getting:
incubus slotted mid headgear
and a +9 decent hp enchanted Urs plate

any recommendations on gears to get or replace?
also pls also list the price of the item.
no mvp cards/gods/ or items too uberly overpriced because they are completely out of my league.

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 21 April 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

Get a glorious suit instead if you can for 20% sp.

Gears also depend a lot on the situation.

General pvm? Which map (s) or TI?

Mvp? Which Mvps? Instance or comping? Party or solo? Strings or no strings?

Need to share the gears with other characters / classes?

I mentioned it above already but RKs really need strings to get their full potential. But even then, RKs are less mvp oriented now than before except for certain specific situations and are probably more of a WoE character.

#7 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Get a glorious suit instead if you can for 20% sp.

Gears also depend a lot on the situation.

General pvm? Which map (s) or TI?

Mvp? Which Mvps? Instance or comping? Party or solo? Strings or no strings?

Need to share the gears with other characters / classes?

I mentioned it above already but RKs really need strings to get their full potential. But even then, RKs are less mvp oriented now than before except for certain specific situations and are probably more of a WoE character.

im building this DB RK for general pvm. for maps like scarba dungeon 2. i solo 99% of the time.
gears arent really shared between characters. i dont think i ahve the patience to get glorious suit.
gonna level with IB/BB until lv130 then reset to pure DB build.

#8 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

+9~+12 turkey hat with carat

also +9~12 faw with perfect vit or sp enchants carded with aliot

#9 zz1567

zz1567

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

I think Ur's Seals would be a better idea than Peuz's Seals, since it gives +2% hp, and if you can enchant it with +250 sp, would be awsome.

#10 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

I think Ur's Seals would be a better idea than Peuz's Seals, since it gives +2% hp, and if you can enchant it with +250 sp, would be awsome.

thats what i thougth at first too, but peuz seals add 20SP and 20ATK by itself.
since im leveling first as a IB/BB before resetting to DB RK. those extra attack will help, my IB/BB is weak no matter what weapon i use anyways,(+9TripleMaliciousRTE)
i prefer SP over hp because DB's damage is influenced by max SP and current HP.
since HP has to be maintained constantly, i dont think that 4% will help much since im assuming that when i get mobbed up,
my HP will hover between 72%-93%. SP doesnt really need to be maintained just pop some occasional straws when low on SP.
but all that is just my opinion. i dont have any experience with RKs builds at all. so i really need some advices to steer me in the right direction.
my character is still a knight.

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 21 April 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#11 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

PVM is kind of just a "process" to get to endgame though. So you should be considering endgame scenarios like MVP, PVP, WoE, etc.

Every good player shares their gears between their different characters because it's always better to buy one expensive good item to share between multiple characters rather than five or more average items. Unless the person somehow has like ten megs and fifty MVP cards or something...

That being said, your gears look fine in general already and I wouldn't worry too much about small minor boosts. FAWs are really good and I'd suggest getting one as every character benefits from it. High level monsters hit really hard and if you want to out-pot their damage you need a witch hat + alarm mask combo (fish in mouth will not have enough heal per second). But RKs can use a quadruple hunter fly weapon to leech HP back so you are sorta okay... maybe. But other characters will really benefit from it and you probably want to get one sooner or later.

#12 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

PVM is kind of just a "process" to get to endgame though. So you should be considering endgame scenarios like MVP, PVP, WoE, etc.

Every good player shares their gears between their different characters because it's always better to buy one expensive good item to share between multiple characters rather than five or more average items. Unless the person somehow has like ten megs and fifty MVP cards or something...

That being said, your gears look fine in general already and I wouldn't worry too much about small minor boosts. FAWs are really good and I'd suggest getting one as every character benefits from it. High level monsters hit really hard and if you want to out-pot their damage you need a witch hat + alarm mask combo (fish in mouth will not have enough heal per second). But RKs can use a quadruple hunter fly weapon to leech HP back so you are sorta okay... maybe. But other characters will really benefit from it and you probably want to get one sooner or later.

i have a wph+alarm.
im just afraid that DB's damage will suffer quite significantly without the incubus carded mid and carat carded +9 top.
i have a +9faw but its spell19 so i dont think its going to help a DB build besides casting faster.
i heard that people were get to lv150 with rwh+9 and triple malicious RTE using only IB/BB

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 21 April 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#13 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

i have a wph+alarm.
im just afraid that DB's damage will suffer quite significantly without the incubus carded mid and carat carded +9 top.
i have a +9faw but its spell19 so i dont think its going to help a DB build besides casting faster.
i heard that people were get to lv150 with rwh+9 and triple malicious RTE using only IB/BB

Depends on what you want.I know A LOT of people who prefer faster cast time over more damage.

#14 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Depends on what you want.I know A LOT of people who prefer faster cast time over more damage.

http://irowiki.org/w...l_Wing_Enchants

according to this page i can keep resetting my FAW's enchant with no failure or breaking chance.
if i reset or re enchant, do i loose the upgrade and the card compound to it?

#15 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

http://irowiki.org/w...l_Wing_Enchants

according to this page i can keep resetting my FAW's enchant with no failure or breaking chance.
if i reset or re enchant, do i loose the upgrade and the card compound to it?

Nope,you don't.

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

Spell FAW is actually the best garment you can use for DB spammability within strings and all you need is one rwc pendant to get maximum casting speed (with sacrament). That's more of an endgame thing than a leveling thing though.

#17 ThunderBronco

ThunderBronco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Talking about WoE and PvP scenario, do you think it's better to invest on full DB/Crushing strike build or a hybrid build to use Vellum Katz when necessary (kill RG's or Tao Gunka users)?

#18 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

i saw some videos of DB builds using solar sword instead of quad hunter fly weapon.
solar sword drains 1% of damage as hp. why do they use that?
since solar sword hp draining effect is 100% does that make RWH always drain hp?
if not i cant seem to make any reason to choose solar sword over a quad malicious weapon.

#19 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Only reason i could think of, is it can be malangdo enchanted, either dual spell4, or dual +100sp.

#20 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

Only reason i could think of, is it can be malangdo enchanted, either dual spell4, or dual +100sp.

then i rather use a spell or sp enchanted moonlight dagger or combat knife.

#21 rokurama

rokurama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

How much agi does a DB RK gets for woe? Also, do cards like Pasana and Leib Olmai reduce damage against DB?

#22 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

How much agi does a DB RK gets for woe? Also, do cards like Pasana and Leib Olmai reduce damage against DB?

agi is used to reduce DB's animation. i think around 50-60 is good enough or maybe less. we swordies get the berserk pots for more attack speed.
fire elemental armor reduces DB's DB's damage for sure but i dont know about fire resist cards. but range reduction cards like noxious dont seem to affect it from what i heard.

#23 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Only fire armor reduces DB damage..

#24 flammifer

flammifer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

since solar sword hp draining effect is 100% does that make RWH always drain hp?

That 1% sums with the RWH drain (which is something like 15%, so you drain 16% of damage in HP always).

#25 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

That 1% sums with the RWH drain (which is something like 15%, so you drain 16% of damage in HP always).

then it'll probably be a great idea to carry both quad malicious weapon and a solar sword, because sometimes something stupid happens like when the draining doesnt proc.
and you end up with low hp. when that happens you can switch to solar sword to drain some hp back since it always drains. and 16% from like 4-5 mobs with 20k+ damage is nice.
but then the solar sword burns sp thats probably why it isnt popular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users