• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

Is this combo worth it?

I got a +12 chibi pope + blush with arch angeling

should i put a KK in my pope?

Or is it not worth it?

I also have a +9 spell 19 faw....but i dont seem to notice any difference in cast time? how come? 

Thanks in advance

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Cast time reduc is a lot more apparent when you have a lot of it and when testing on skills that have a long variable cast. KK is nice but you can kind of live without it and double AA cards can be nice (or ungoliant / nightmare card at times).

#3 FDtims

FDtims

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

AA stacks?

That might be interesting.....

#4 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

priest class doesn't have a lot of skills that have long cast time. archbishop has sacrament.  I will say KK card suits mage class and gene better.

I will go for 1AA blush and leave chibi pope empty. I remember there is a card from new world monster that increase healing amount. you might want to wait for that card.

ungoliant, nightmare card for mid head gear is a good choice. it gives you immunity to bleed and sleep. otherwise you need 100 AGI for immunity.

#5 FDtims

FDtims

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for your input guys!

#6 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

The card is several hundred million Zeny and not worth using on FS Priest type - at least I never felt I'd really need a faster cast. What I usually look for is a decrease in after-cast delay. 

I'd use KK on Mage types and ME Priest, though (Skull Cap or Crown of Deceit).

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

KK Card is probably much better used for offensive purposes rather than supportive. Generally I view KK card as being the last thing to help you add up to 100% variable cast (insta cast). Gen's cart cannon is fully variable so the KK card could be the difference between insta casting and not insta casting, and that is really significant because it is the difference between having to wear phen/orleans or not. Sorcerers can use ventus to remove fixed cast time for most if not all of their offensive skills, so they benefit from being able to insta cast to.

ABs however have fixed cast time on most skills. Coluseo and High Heal are all variable, but Coluseo has a long reuse delay and high heal has global delay (even when using light of cure to remove reuse delay). Being able to insta cast those isn't going to improve your efficiency by much at all; the skills are quite fast to cast on their own already and the bulk of spammability is coming from the global delay / reuse delay. Then also comes the issue of all the AB / priest skills that do have fixed cast time and cannot be insta-casted. You'd need to have a phen or orleans on for those skills in any case. There is the option of defaulting phen / orleans off and only hotkeying it for situations where you are mobbed but in my opinion you'd probably be having phen / orleans ON more than OFF so you might as well default it...? Magni has a really long fixed cast, sacra has fixed cast, clement / canto has fixed cast, praef has fixed cast...

That being said, variable cast time IS still important for an AB. You can't do anything about fixed cast since it's fixed (until GH shoes come out but that's another topic) but having quicker variable cast does make you faster and more efficient. It amazes me how ABs who have access to a spell enchanted FAW would opt for a heal enchanted Arc Angel Wings instead. Double Spell weapon is highly recommended too if possible, and one RWC pendant is good too. Definitely opt for CoD unless using AA cards or some immunity cards. It's probably pointless to aim for 100% variable cast outside of strings but some amount of cast reduc still makes an AB much more efficient. Strings + a small amount of cast reduc gear just makes you a FS god because of how fast you can spam buffs.

#8 FDtims

FDtims

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

thanks you sound really know what u're saying although i dont really understand it all :D

Which spell weapon do u suggest? I'm actually aiming for a hybrid build ME/support.

#9 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

thanks you sound really know what u're saying although i dont really understand it all :D

Which spell weapon do u suggest? I'm actually aiming for a hybrid build ME/support.

for priest class, ME and support don't combine well because ME takes too many skill points. 

In my opinion, Adoramus and support combine better than ME and support.

You can read the ME guide post pinned up there. I remember you need some ME set gear to max damage. And Shrine Maiden Hat which is a iro customized head gear. It looks very cute!

#10 FDtims

FDtims

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Yeah I got the Shrine maiden hat today. I must say it is super powerfull. Almost doubled my ME damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users