[4/23 Patch Review] Equipment and Stat Balancing Review - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[4/23 Patch Review] Equipment and Stat Balancing Review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

It's another game overhaul and another review. [4/23 Patch] is Gravity's first attempt at "rebalancing" the game after the Advent of Valkyrie patch. The patch contains a revision of the basic stat table and distributing more secondary stats for every primary stat. The patch also includes changes to equipment stats and even though the Changelogs/PatchNotes only mentioned a few items, the patch drastically changed every piece of equipment for the Master Level-tier. This review will show the changes in percentage delta to show how they "rebalanced" the equipments for a Master Level 20 with full Osiris gear.

To avoid difference in interpretation, I shall leave the graphs and table to speak for themselves but will insert short explanations when needed. The Detla Percentage(∆%) is the change from the post-AoV stats to the stats after the 4/34 patch. You may want to download the source spreadsheet for the tables and graphs form Part 4 of this article.

• The Delta Percentage(∆%) means that their base values increased by that amount with respect to the previous values before the 4/23 Patch. Negative ∆% means a decrease by that amount with respect to their previous values.
  • The tables show the Delta Percentage for every class and special scenarios then followed by a graph showing the actual base values for unseeded(BASE) and seeded with Blue and Red seed(SEED[25] and SEED[50]).
HP
hpdelta_zps5b28aa90.png
hp_zpsa1375386.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

SP
spdelta_zps32a0d002.png
sp_zpscd7c52d5.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

SKILL EFFECT
skilleffectdelta_zps384b4240.png
skilleffect_zpsb762ff48.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

DEFENSE
defensedelta_zps3cde36a2.png
defense_zps99b71194.png
There are no solid proof as to the relationship of pure Defense and the bonus Damage Reduction whether it is additive or multiplicative so only pure Defense was considered for this graph/table. Take note that Osiris Shield have a 10% Damage Reduction Bonus.
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

-Continued to Part 2-

Edited by Animalicia, 24 April 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#2 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

• The Delta Percentage(∆%) means that their base values increased by that amount with respect to the previous values before the 4/23 Patch. Negative ∆% means a decrease by that amount with respect to their previous values.
  • The tables show the Delta Percentage for every class and special scenarios then followed by a graph showing the actual base values for unseeded(BASE) and seeded with Blue and Red seed(SEED[25] and SEED[50]).
HIT
hitdelta_zps0f7afbf0.png
hit_zps938cee9a.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

CRITICAL
criticaldelta_zps7404f1cf.png
critical_zpsa40fcadb.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

DODGE
dodgedelta_zps0eee463d.png
dodge_zpsf2e933d6.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

PARRY
parrydelta_zps823c15ed.png
parry_zps7ddbc26a.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

-Continued to Part 3-

Edited by Animalicia, 24 April 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#3 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

• NEW means the value did not exist before the patch, ZERO means it had no value before and after, and LOST means the value was removed after the patch
HASTE
hastedelta_zps0214b1af.png
haste_zps6e36f62b.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

CAST SPEED
castspeeddelta_zpsc726d9a4.png
castspeed_zps174d92e4.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

VIGOR
vigordelta_zps24fedd9c.png
vigor_zpse5c630bf.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

PET BASE DAMAGE
petbasedamagedelta_zps0aef716d.png
petbasedamage_zps1b89e5cd.png
line1_zps6a34d70c.png

-Continued to Part 4-

Edited by Animalicia, 24 April 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#4 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

CONCLUSION
This may not be much of a review than my previous one due to the lack of my opinion on every element of the review. I shall leave it to the readers on how they will interpret the data presented here. I can only quote this again:

"If you take a barrel of sewage and add a teaspoon of wine, you get a barrel of sewage;
if you take a barrel of wine and add a teaspoon of sewage, you get a barrel of sewage."

The game now is so far from what it used to be and turned out to be a whole different game than the one we know. I believe that the approach of the devs in "mending" the game will ultimately lead to the game's destruction. Countering an imbalance with another imbalance will not solve the problem. These imbalances will only keep on piling up until it becomes irreversible.

Source Spreadsheet:
BALANCING REVIEW - 4-23 PATCH
BALANCING REVIEW - AOV(Modified)

Edited by Animalicia, 24 April 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#5 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

FINALLY, that AGI bonus from Assassin gear tho! Haven't checked in-game yet, this really helps to get the rundown of every equipments in-game. That's a lot of effort you did I suppose? Very nice!

Nice job once again Animalicia :3

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Do you want to include the class bonus stats as well? (ie. Def from Vit, Parry from Str etc.)

#7 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Do you want to include the class bonus stats as well? (ie. Def from Vit, Parry from Str etc.)

what do you mean?
the table is just the base stats of the equipments, no computations have been done with those values, i just need someone else to verify that the values are the same with the ones in game so we can proceed with precise variables

#8 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

"review" is now up, share are your thoughts

#9 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

I wonder if the monks chant a mantra every time they do an auto attack, because otherwise I dont see how their fists can be slower than a two handed sword...

Or maybe those two handed sword have a jet engine implanted inside to be that fast? But its an ansient sword...

On the other hand... woah... Crescentia power...

#10 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Christ. 70% nerf on my class' Vigor. That's depressing.

#11 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

CONCLUSION
This may not be much of a review than my previous one due to the lack of my opinion on every element of the review. I shall leave it to the readers on how they will interpret the data presented here. I can only quote this again:

The game now is so far from what it used to be and turned out to be a whole different game than the one we know. I believe that the approach of the devs in "mending" the game will ultimately lead to the game's destruction. Countering an imbalance with another imbalance will not solve the problem. These imbalances will only keep on piling up until it becomes irreversible.

Source Spreadsheet:
BALANCING REVIEW - 4-23 PATCH
BALANCING REVIEW - AOV(Modified)

Agreed. I really can't understand some of the changes they made (for instance, the huge SP pool on priests, or why some classes have 13 HP per vit and other have 12). For some aspects though, it wasn't that bad. For example, PvP seems much more enjoyable now (still not completely, we'll have to wait for skill balance for that, I guess). I hope the situation will get better with the next patches, even though I'm doubtful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users