What is good build for Kagerou/Oboro? - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What is good build for Kagerou/Oboro?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

1. What is good build for Kagerou/Oboro? for PVM and PVP

2. What is a good skill to kill Monster at the high level?

3. What is a good weapon that people usually use? (or the best one) 

4. Any suggestion about the gears?

5. Can anyone tell me about the skill's tree? for each build

6. About the stat : What is good for Kagerou/Oboro?

Thank you in advance; I'm thinking about playing Kagerou/Oboro when i'm back.. but my knowledge about this class is zero....  

need a lot of advice, suggestions, and comments. 

Hope someone can answer my question..  :p_hi:  :p_hi:  :p_hi:

#2 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

1. For PvM, Huuma/Kunai have the easiest time, Magic not so much cause of the low AoE dmg and rely mainly on single target spells. For PvP, idk much about this so I'll leave it for others.
2. Past 99, it will be all about Swirling Petal/Kunai Explosion/Kunai Splash for Huuma/Kunai while Magic get 16th Night, charms which help taking the dmg output to a bearable level.
3. For Huuma, best you can get is an overupgraded Huuma Swirling Petal, for Kunai, it's an overupgraded FS/EA enchanted Grimtooth, FS will help with Kunai Splash/Kunai Explosion while EA will only effect Kunai Explosion for now. For Magic, it'll be RWC Knife + RWC Pendant combo as main-hand with a SP enchanted Bazerald as off-hand.
4. For equips ( PvE)
Huuma/Kunai build will aim for :
_+9 EMH / RWH/Vanargand (Preferably Dark Pinguicula Carded)
_Robo Eyes/ Any slotted mid with Dark Pinguicula Carded
_Pirate Dagger/Gangster Mask
_Overupgraded 2x Archer Skeleton carded Huuma Swirling Petal for Huuma Build,  an overupgraded FS/EA enchanted Grimtooth as main-hand with +10 Main-gauche[4] carded with cards depend on situation (racial/element/mixed).
_Any Porcellio carded Armor/Brynhild/ Elemental Armors depend on situation.
_At least +9 Fallen Angel Wing EA10 or +9 Heroic Backpack (Raydric or Giant Whisper Carded)
_ +9 Firelock Soldier carded Enhanced Variants
_ Bakonawa Tattoo/2x FS 3/3 Enchanted RWC Rings.

For Magic, you'll focus on getting instacast, which is possible with 16th Night on ( Remove Fixed cast time, -50% Variable cast time, stack MULTIPLICATIVELY, not additively  )you can get it with :

_+9 CoD ( - 20% Var)
_Spell 3/4 Bazerald ( -18% Var)
_+9 Fallen Angel Wings SP 7/6/6 ( -30% Var)
_ 2x SP 3/3 RWC Pendant ( -32 % Var)

Those will get you just enough -100% variable cast time for instacast, so you won't need Phen accessory.
I never PvP so I'll leave that for those who have knowledge.

For Kagerou skill builds, the core skills needed for each build are as below, at least in my opinion :
Huuma.
Kunai.
Magic.
Those are the core skills only, so you'll have some points leftover, you are free to put them in whichever remaining skills you like.
About stats, at lv 150, you can get around 3 stats at 100 and still have enough points to spread around the rest for resistance, for Huuma/Kunai builds, it's STR/VIT/DEX as the core stats, for Magic, it's INT/VIT/DEX.

Edited by iDaehyun, 26 April 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#3 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

OMG.... 1,000,000 thanks to you iDaehyun That help me a lot. ^^ 

more question,  Kunai Splash/Kunai Explosion which skill do you like the most? and which one make more dmg? and r those skill range atk?

#4 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

I use both, but imo I prefer Kunai Splash more, Kunai Splash has a bigger AoE of 11x11,compare to 3x3 of Kunai Explosion with appropriate condition, it'll out dps Kunai Explosion easily. And Kunai Splash is considered melee dmg for now, so only FS Enchants work for them, while Kunai Explosion is considered range dmg and benefits from more from EA  enchants.

#5 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

I use both, but imo I prefer Kunai Splash more, Kunai Splash has a bigger AoE of 11x11,compare to 3x3 of Kunai Explosion with appropriate condition, it'll out dps Kunai Explosion easily. And Kunai Splash is considered melee dmg for now, so only FS Enchants work for them, while Kunai Explosion is considered range dmg and benefits from more from EA  enchants.

I C... then I'll get FS enhanced for now ^^ Thank you again... for helping me ^^  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

#6 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

In your opinion, what MVP card is useful for this class ^^ I'm thinking about TG.

#7 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

I C... then I'll get FS enhanced for now ^^ Thank you again... for helping me ^^  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

Np, though it seems that you gonna follow pure Kunai build, that means you are in for troublesome kunai making, and Kunai Splash require a huge amount of Kunais to maintain, I hope you read through the skills before hand though.
And yes, Turtle General is good for this class, though i don't think you really need it, cause if you are using a grimtooth + main gauche combo, that means you'll only be able to put the card on your main-gauche aka off-hand because grimtooth has no slot, and you won't really stick to 1 main-gauche as it'll limit your dmg output  by alot. You need serveral 4x carded main-gauches to switch around depend on the situation, though if you can get your hand on a meg/bryn then they'll work wonders for this class, as STR is your main stat for dmg.

Edited by iDaehyun, 26 April 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#8 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

OMG ..... 10 kunais  = =" So, u mean it likes Ragner's AS skill?  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:

main gauche combo, Can you give me a example? ><"

Edited by DonatoX, 26 April 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#9 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

OMG ..... 10 kunais  = =" So, u mean it likes Ragner's AS skill?  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:

main gauche combo, Can you give me a example? ><"

8 Kunai per cast, each Kunai weight 2 , so if you follow pure Kunai, you'll always stay past 50% weight. Though by the time you get Kunai Splash, you'll be a K/O anyway so Pure Soul will easily solve the no regen problem. As for the combo I talked about, it's Grimtooth ( main-hand) + a 4 slots, carded  +10 Main-Gauche [4] ( off-hand), and you will need several of those main-gauches depend on the mobs you gonna face. Because Ninja skills never take off-hand weapon's ATK into calculation, you'll have to card them with racial/elemental/mixed card to maximize your dmg, up to 80-100% bonus dmg.
For example, if you gonna deal with Demi-Human mobs , you need a 4x Hydra carded Main-gauche (80% bonus dmg), or if their elemental weakness is fire, you can also use a 4x Vadon carded main-gauche. You always have to search for the info of the mobs on the maps you gonna grind to prepare the right off-hand weapon in order to maximize your damage.

Edited by iDaehyun, 26 April 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#10 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

Having 5 16th Night ANY build, imho. Get only 3 16th Night. The cooldown will surely reduces, but casting 16th while it's active will cancel out the effect.

And you'll have to wait for the skill to cooldown again.

Also, I don't think you'll need RWH/Vana when you can have Pure Soul.

For the offhand MG, I think 2x/2x size/element/race might be better than 4x size/element/race. Haven't tried myself tho.

#11 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Having 5 16th Night ANY build, imho. Get only 3 16th Night. The cooldown will surely reduces, but casting 16th while it's active will cancel out the effect.

And you'll have to wait for the skill to cooldown again.

Also, I don't think you'll need RWH/Vana when you can have Pure Soul.

For the offhand MG, I think 2x/2x size/element/race might be better than 4x size/element/race. Haven't tried myself tho.

Actually, that's the point of getting only lv 3 16th Night, so you won't misclick and recast it before it runs out since if you do that,  the duration won't refresh, but the skill will go on cooldown again.
As for the off-hand , that's why I said "mixed" though there isn't really any concrete proof that 2x element/race better than 4x element or 4x race so I still considering they are the same, 80%. 

#12 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

It was my dmg at lv 99, used swirling skill. 

my Stat : str 80 agi 30 Vit 80 Dex 60

my weapon : +0 Huuma Shadow

SPskill_zpsba0ca661.jpg

Is it good dmg? or bad dmg? 

#13 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

it's pretty good at 99, since i was only doing around 8k myself back then (no leet gears, hell, my boots are eden's)

stat was 80ish str, 70ish dex, 60ish agi

i even used +5 double hurricane huuma calm mind

it'll raise greatly after you gain more base levels, and it'll be MUCH scarier when you're wielding petal huuma

#14 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

it's pretty good at 99, since i was only doing around 8k myself back then (no leet gears, hell, my boots are eden's)

stat was 80ish str, 70ish dex, 60ish agi

i even used +5 double hurricane huuma calm mind

it'll raise greatly after you gain more base levels, and it'll be MUCH scarier when you're wielding petal huuma

Thanks ^^ 

#15 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

the best build is whatever you feel like playing really... so far there are like 8 established builds with many sub builds... everything from melee to hybrids...

#16 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Is ice pick good for throwing build? I'm thinking about Ice Pick(ea10), Grimtooth(ea10), RWC knife(AS), or MG(x4AS)... ><" 

and Do Ice Pick's effect and Drake Card works with range atk?

#17 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

Is ice pick good for throwing build? I'm thinking about Ice Pick(ea10), Grimtooth(ea10), RWC knife(AS), or MG(x4AS)... ><" 

and Do Ice Pick's effect and Drake Card works with range atk?

Ice Pick's def ignore option doesn't work with Explosive Kunai nor Throw Kunai. +9~+12 Grimtooth with EA ehcnaht is far superior to any other weapon you have listed. Drake Card will work( you can test yourself with weapon perfection)

#18 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Ice Pick's def ignore option doesn't work with Explosive Kunai nor Throw Kunai. +9~+12 Grimtooth with EA ehcnaht is far superior to any other weapon you have listed. Drake Card will work( you can test yourself with weapon perfection)

S> exactly that :D

In all seriousness though, Ice Pick shouldn't be considered unless going for a melee KS build. You'll absolutely wreck people in PvP as pure melee with an offhand IP, otherwise you're better off with a quad AS MG.

#19 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

up

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:18 AM

why has this been brought back to life?

#21 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

why has this been brought back to life?

any update about this class so far?

#22 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

what exactly are you looking for? MVP builds? PVP builds?

#23 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

what exactly are you looking for? MVP builds? PVP builds?

maybe MVP and PVM ^^

#24 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

a huuma build is the way to go for most MVPs... the huuma takes care of the mobs (and hits the MVP unless in agi up) and KE can kick ass... 16th night 3, pure soul5, illusion shadow 2 or more, cast ninja spell (buffs weapon damage of endowed weapons as well as disables mobs) swirling petals and kunai explosion are all needed for this build... high str, vit, dex are also needed... agi doesnt really matter unless youre planning on meleeing, luck would serve better in terms of keeping your damage from fluctuating so much, and int would help keep your sp up but really isnt needed with ninja mastery 10 and pure soul... youll want a Petal huuma, ninja scale armor or tenebris (i prefer the tenebris myself for the illusion shadow autocast), E Variants, +9 HBP or +9 FAW EA10, Airship captains hat or +9 EMH... ive killed 19 different MVPs with several dozen kills on many of them...

#25 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

i won't say that it's better than any other builds but a mix between dual dagger kunai/magic is also good for a lot of MVP situations. all first tier magics + KE. you got less option for aoe but you can still have swirling petal and bring huuma on switch

just have to note when you hotkey from huuma to daggers, the first dagger will go to your offhand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users