Common Ai Problems (Incl Vista/7 Info) - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Common Ai Problems (Incl Vista/7 Info)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

This thread is an attempt to compile solutions to most common problems with AIs for ragnarok online, both those which can happen to all users, and those which are specific to users running Windows Vista. I'll be refining and improving this as time goes on.

THE MAJORITY OF AI PROBLEMS WITH AI ENCOUNTERED ON WINDOWS VISTA/7 ARE CAUSED BY UAC.
IF YOU ARE HAVING AI PROBLEMS UNDER VISTA/7, READ THE FIRST ENTRY UNDER VISTA-RELATED PROBLEMS BEFORE POSTING.

ALL PLATFORMS:

Problem: Receive message "cannot read .\AI\AI.lua. there is no such directory or file" when attempting to use homun, or "cannot read .\AI\AI_M.lua. there is no such directory or file" when attempting to use merc.

Solution: Your default RO AI is missing or has become corrupted, OR you're having Vista/Win7 UAC problems (See below section)
Download the basic AI from here: http://downloads.iro.../Default AI.zip
extract it, and copy the following files from the AI folder in the downloaded default AI into your AI folder:
AI.lua
AI_M.lua
Const.lua
Util.lua

Problem: Receive error messages upon attempting to use custom AI in game, but not an error referring to callback.lua. If you are running vista or windows 7, and the AI is installed correctly, see the problem in vista section.

Solution: The custom AI is not installed correctly, or was supplied in a non-working form by the author of the AI.
Ensure that you have the lua files inside the USER_AI folder, not inside a folder within the USER_AI folder.
Your AI and USER_AI folders should look something like this:

Problem: Receive error message(s) when attempting to use custom AI configuration program.

Solution: If the error messages refer to .Net, VB, or runtime, or specify a missing .dll file, you are missing a required runtime library.
The AzzyAI control panel requires the microsoft .Net framework, available at:
http://msdn.microsof...k/bb264589.aspx
Other AI control panels may require the same runtime libraries, or a different one - review documentation or contact the author of your AI.

VISTA/7 SPECIFIC PROBLEMS:

These usually occur under Windows Vista and Windows 7, when User Account Control is enabled and RO is installed to the default installation location, C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online.

Problem: Custom AI is installed properIy, but still behaves as if it was the default AI. No amount of changes made in the USER_AI folder seem to effect AI behavior.

Problem: Receive error "./AI/USER_AI/AI.lua:3: could not load package './AI/USER_AI/callback.lua' "

Problem: AI is installed correctly, and is working, however, no amount of changes made using the GUI effect the behavior in game. Making changes directly to the config files may or may not work. Or, AI is installed correctly and working, and changes made using the GUI effect the behavior in game, but manually changing the config files does not change the behavior of the AI.

Problem: Receive error "cannot read .\AI\AI.lua. there is no such directory or file" or "cannot read .\AI\AI_M.lua. there is no such directory or file", however, AI.lua and AI_M.lua exist in the AI folder.

Explanation: Vista and windows 7 place special protections on the program files folder (and all subfolders) as part of the User Account Control (UAC) functionality. Vista/7, with UAC enabled (the default setting), changes made by programs (instead of the user) will be made to a virtualized directory ("UAC Virtualization") within the user space, even if the program has permissions to write to program files.

Some versions of the client came with a defective AI which produces the callback.lua error - in this case, the defective file will be the one that gets preserved by vista's stupidity.

Because of these protections, settings saved by the GUI can be piped to the virtualized directory while the game is looking at the non-virtualized directory, or vise-versa.

Solution 1: Move the ragnarok online folder to another location on the C: drive - i recommend making a folder C:\Games\Ragnarok . Delete the AI folder and restore the default AI from the link above. Reinstall the AI.
Solution 1b: Failing that (it is quite possible that just moving RO will not work), uninstall RO, and reinstall it to C:\Games\Ragnarok.

Solution 2: Disable UAC (User Account Control).
http://www.howtogeek...er-account-c...
You may have to delete the USER_AI folder, and then make a new USER_AI folder, and install the AI into that.

Problem:
AI Configuration program for MirAI or AzzyAI gives an error message, saying that files cannot be found, or that access to files was denied.

Solution:
The AI configuration program must be run as administrator. This may not be necessary if UAC is disabled.

AI BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS:

Problem:
AI generally, with some features working and others not (AI is definitely custom AI, but not doing what it should) after switching from another AI.

Solution:
Delete all files in the USER_AI folder, including those from any previous AI's used, and reinstall the AI. Simply copying all the files for the new AI over the old ones should work, but i keep getting reports contrary to this. May be a vista/7 related issue.

Problem:
Tactics or monster specific behavior does not work for mercenaries.

Solution:
The client does not provide the facilities for mercenaries to identify different kinds of monsters. Some AIs, including AzzyAI, can differentiate between "natural" monsters and those summoned by some unnatural effect (mobs summoned by other monsters, alchemist flora and plant cultivation. Some AIs also attempt to detect 'herb plants' in order to avoid wasting time attacking them.
AzzyAI supports a very awkward workaround as described here: http://forums.playra...w.asp?tid=15857

Problem:
Mercenary bugs out after using bowling bash.

Solution:
This was a bug that occurred with version 1.27-1.281 of AzzyAI. Upgrade to 1.282 or later.

Problem:
After teleporting, player is sometimes disconnected.
Upon reconnecting, the mercenary immediately leaves.

Explanation:
Mercenary Actor ID's change every time they spawn (which occurs on teleports and map changes).
Because the Actor ID is a part of the packets sent by the client to control the mercenary, latency can result in the following problem:
If a player teleports, and the merc attempts to do something before the server receives the teleport packet, it is possible for the player to have teleported (giving the merc a new Actor ID) before the server receives the "merc do-something" packet sent before teleporting. This packet will refer to an incorrect Actor ID. Since it is not supposed to be possible for the client to send such a packet, the server assumes that the player is using an illegal client or AI and punitively disconnects them and ends the mercenary contract.

Solution:
Don't teleport while lagging if you are using a mercenary, or put the mercenary into standby before teleporting. Yes, we all know this is a major hardship, but that's what happens when the developers try to "punish" players for doing something that should be impossible (ex: DC on moving while talking to npc, AV bug, etc). It is also worth noting that even when lagging, most players will not encounter this bug.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 February 2011 - 08:54 AM.

#2 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

Azzy this section still empty :) :ph34r:

N> more warp portal registrations.

And p.s. Azzy....YOUR AI IS SO AWESOME! I knocked my socks off! But that's okay, because my homun will protect me while I go find them :]

Edited by Ultimate, 23 July 2010 - 02:35 PM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

Azzy this section still empty :) :ph34r:

N> more warp portal registrations.

Nope, it's just that my AI is SOOOO good, and this info section SOOOO AMAZINGLY COMPLETE that everyone just reads them and is like "Oh, cool, it works now" or "Oh, wow, AzzyAI is so awesome it knocked my socks off! But that's okay, because my merc/homun will level me while I go find my socks"

But seriously, yeah, we need more registrations :-(

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 July 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#4 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:44 AM

I'm curious about something. Has anybody on vista tried keeping UAC enabled, installing to Program Files, setting ragnarok.exe and all other applicable executables to run as administrator, AND setting full control of the Gravity folder to the user account? By doing these things I have never, ever had any problems with my Program Files folder or any games I had installed there. Disabling UAC can stop programs from writing to an alternate directory and into the Program Files folder, which of course means it can no longer find your saved settings since the little "detour" is gone. Disabling UAC should NEVER be an option. I'm not sure if either service pack alters this in any noticeable way.

I'm surprised Microsoft released Vista without an easier option other than right clicking everything and manually changing the properties. :mellow:

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

I havn't tried that - i don't use any systems with UAC. All my systems are on XP, because vista/7's user interface is insufferable and UAC prevents everything I want to use from working.

#6 Tolken

Tolken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

Jasmer, I run Ragnarok and Azzy's AI on two win7-32 boxes with UAC enabled and with no problems with the AI or updating.

Ragnarok.exe, RagnarokFree.exe, Azzy's Config gui app, and setup.exe are given "run as administrator" flags.
Ragnarok.exe & RagnarokFree.exe are given "run in compatibility mode for xp3" flags
The user playing is added specifically and given "full control" to "C:\Program Files\Gravity" for "this folder, subfolders, and all files"
The "Replace all child objects..." flag is set after the permission changes are done to insure correct propagation to all subfolders and files.

NOTE: While I do not typically use deny entries, If you have any in effect you will need to make sure they are not in effect for the user or any group that user is in with relation to "C:\Program Files\Gravity".

Edited by Tolken, 26 July 2010 - 11:29 AM.

#7 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

See that's what I thought. It's a bit complicated, but running ANY program through program files on vista/7 with UAC and no problems IS possible.

#8 ExDark

ExDark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:22 AM

sry but im just a louzy user cause i have many problems with ur ai
all i did was download the default folder and extracted it to my ai folder and changed the name to USER_AI
now my problems is that my Vanil is low lv but it keeps mobbing by hitting each monster once and go to the next one
this causes 5~10 monsters on my vanil at once
vanil at low levels die sooooo easily help pls... ;)

my vanil also hits the monster once and if it misses it will ignore the monster...

Edited by ExDark, 30 July 2010 - 04:23 AM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

Restore to the default configuration (H_Config and H_Tactics supplied in the download). I don't remember what caused that issue, but unless something was changed by gravity, it does not happen in the default configuration.

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 July 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#10 FOmar

FOmar

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

I got the same problem like mentioned above ( Vani is acting weird), it started to happen when I updated your AI from 1.28 ( something that I had ) to your latest version. It keeps mobbing crap also while the merc AI is working fine, the Vani doesnt use any skils and it seems like it's not different at all from the standard AI. I use WinXP btw.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

I have not been able to reproduce that behavior, and I don't have time to research what might have caused it (10 million things to do, including getting 1.35 working, which currently has a serious showstopper bug that is behaving in ways that defy any logical explaination).

See if there's anything on it in this thread:
http://forums.playra...sts=168&start=1

Also, since this issue is specific to my AI, we should take it to the AzzyAI thread, as this is for general AI troubleshooting.

#12 Faithful

Faithful

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

Problem:
Tactics or monster specific behavior does not work for mercenaries.

Solution:
The client does not provide the facilities for mercenaries to identify different kinds of monsters. Some AI's, including AzzyAI, can differentiate between "natural" monsters and those summoned by some unnatural effect (mobs summoned by other monsters, alchemist flora and plant cultivation,
AzzyAI supports a very awkward workaround as described here:
http://iro.ragnaroko...asp?tid=1585...

Azzy, that link is outdated and gets redirected to a list of subforums. If you find time between your 10-million things-to-do (I know how that is, trust me), be sure to update that bit. And if you feel like it, you can mention that RAIL also has a similar, compatible workaround.

#13 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hey Azzy! I Just want to thank you for this awesome AI. I just started playing around with the way my Amitsir reacts to certain monsters and now I'm getting an AI.lua error that i just can't figure out.

I've set it to Tank poporings and Marins and when i come on to the map with them I get -

"./AI/User/ai_Main.lua:1019 attempt to compare number with nil"

edit//

I just got this in a popup when checking the tactics tab:

Spoiler

Edited by magpi, 24 March 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm checking tank behavior today, it is broken in dev 20 (and as far as I can tell must have been broken for ages, as i've done nothing to change it). Error is due to existing issues with tanking that are already being worked on.

Bug reports on the GUI are not being accepted, GUI is being rewritten for 1.50. That version of the GUI is all there will be for 1.40.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 March 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#15 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Thanks! If it's just the tanking option that's causing the problems, I'll just remove it.

#16 Bunni1337

Bunni1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

It seems you Ai would be perfect, If i could understand how to edit it. I tried fidning the thred where u first posted it or explained how to install/edit it. I have installed it but cant tell if it works because I dont understand how or where to set theattacks for my homun. Ihavebeen using mirai until this dumb evloution s thing, nowit wont atack using its skills.Icame to find yoursis only thatdoes this so Idownloaded and cannot figure out how to install. Or where or what to edit to make aware its a vani,whichsays alreadyset for vani, and hwere i put inskill codes andhowect and do they need spaces,commas or.. imso confused. Is therea step by step tutorial on ur aihow to use ect? im very un comp savyand just want my pet to use its skills... and every page of ur ai says bed versionuse next one and that link leads to a page alsosaysred ontop no use. so i dunno how get "latest" version or anything. :( help plz

Responded to pm.

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 March 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#17 Dandit

Dandit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Azzy, does AzzyAi 1.40 support Bapho jr scrolls? Mine keeps getting at error everytime I type /merai

3285765 Obstacle avoidance cant-happen: GetV(V_TARGET,MyID)==0)
3291281 Obstacle avoidance cant-happen: GetV(V_TARGET,MyID)==0)

I'm using the same one at home and that's using Vista. Mine here is windows Xp.

Whats what was inside the "Warning Message" txt.

Please advice. Thanks

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Please ensure that you are running the latest 1.4x version (ie, 1.41) not one of the earlier versions of 1.4x (either 1.40 dev or 1.40 final); I know several of those versions would crash when used with any mercenary - so make sure you are running 1.41 (check AAIStartM.txt or AAIStartH.txt in your RO folder to check what version of AzzyAI you are running).

Baph Jr's are not recognized by the AI, so skill autocasts likely won't work, however, the AI should not give any error.

If you are still getting errors, please post the exact text of the error message you receive so that I can provide assistance with the crash.

I would like to add support for Bapho Jr, but I don't have access to any of the scrolls (don't even recall where you get them from), so I need the following information in order to add support for them to AzzyAI:
Max HP, Max SP of Baph Jr mercenary before it's gotten enough kills to do the HP UP or SP UP skills.
List of skills and levels of the skill that the Baph Jr has.

Thanks

The obstacle avoidance cant-happen messages in AAI_Warn.txt are spurious warnings, they can be disregarded (and are not written in 1.50 - but don't upgrade to 1.50 yet). The whole obstacle avoidance system was implemented intricately, and then I discovered that GetV(V_MOTION,id) doesn't work as advertised, and had to scrap most of it, and the situation where that message is logged ceased to be a can't-happen, but I hadn't noticed that until later.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 June 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#19 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

HI Dr azzi,

I don tknow whether its my computer or what, but my Sera (vani) always freezes and don't move? Don't notice the problem with my dieter (amistr) as yet....... i leveling in od2 and whenever try to afk overnight, i end up dying not because because my Sera stops attacking suddenly and just hangs there. I've caught this happening when i'm not afk and when I manually command it to attack again, everythign will work fine again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it keeps happening.

Is something wrong with my AI or just my computer?

Thanks so much again

Edited by harlokjai, 16 February 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

HI Dr azzi,

I don tknow whether its my computer or what, but my Sera (vani) always freezes and don't move? Don't notice the problem with my dieter (amistr) as yet....... i leveling in od2 and whenever try to afk overnight, i end up dying not because because my Sera stops attacking suddenly and just hangs there. I've caught this happening when i'm not afk and when I manually command it to attack again, everythign will work fine again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it keeps happening.

Is something wrong with my AI or just my computer?

Thanks so much again

If you mean the issue where it's hanging in a flinch motion, this issue effects all homuns, particularly at low levels. It happens when they are hit at a certain point in time when casting a pre-homun-S skill, causing them to hang in the flinch animation. This is a game bug and is not an AI issue.

If it's hanging and isn't in a flinch motion, it's an AI issue. If you're using AzzyAI, make sure you're using the latest version, and take a traceai and send it to me along with AAIStartH.txt and AAI_ERROR.log (if present) in your RO folder.

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 February 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#21 abuybuy

abuybuy

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hi..

I'm new in iRO, i have an Alchemist and i using your AI Dr. Azzy.

but i got some error. i've screenshot of error.

z1xn.jpg

Before i got this error, i deleted files inside folder AI dan fix it by download the default AI in http://irowiki.org/wiki/AI

and this is my directory of AI folder:

08wv.jpg

How to fix this error?

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Why did you replace the default ai with the pre 9/4 version from wiki that is incompatible with current client? Error is coming from when it tries to load default ai but can't because it loads external files wrong. You need the new default ai.

http://drazzy.com/ai/default that has packages of default ai, and default ai+AzzyAI

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 December 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#23 CaptainTeemo

CaptainTeemo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

i get the error:

./AI/AI_M.lua:2: could not load package `AI\Const' from path `;;C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\lua\?.luac'

any idea what this means? and possibly how to fix it? this happens everytime i log into a character with a merc summoned. OR whenever i summon a merc. HAVE NOT TRIED ON HOMONCULOUS. please help!!

Edited by CaptainTeemo, 27 April 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

i get the error:

./AI/AI_M.lua:2: could not load package `AI\Const' from path `;;C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\lua\?.luac'

any idea what this means? and possibly how to fix it? this happens everytime i log into a character with a merc summoned. OR whenever i summon a merc. HAVE NOT TRIED ON HOMONCULOUS. please help!!

Your default AI looks like the pre 9/4 one

Download and install either:

Default AI - http://drazzy.com/ai...-4DefaultAI.zip

Default AI + AzzyAI 1.541 preinstalled http://drazzy.com/ai...AzzyAI_1541.zip

#25 CaptainTeemo

CaptainTeemo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Your default AI looks like the pre 9/4 one

Download and install either:

Default AI - http://drazzy.com/ai...-4DefaultAI.zip

Default AI + AzzyAI 1.541 preinstalled http://drazzy.com/ai...AzzyAI_1541.zip

Whats the difference exactly?

I also was finally able to find a link that has my exact issue;  http://forums.warppo...-client-issues/

however this issue was solved in forum. so it was nearly no help

Edited by CaptainTeemo, 27 April 2014 - 07:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users