Patch Notes v502(503) - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v502(503)

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#26 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

Also great that the IM cleric buffs are not nerfed, I hope this was unintentional. If it was intentional then my god pay to win.

I guess Leonis forgot to rescale that.

Anyway back on topic: After I play some CD about 7 games, I got something to say about CD game play

Raiders:

Spoiler

Champs

Spoiler

Cleric

Spoiler

Mage

Spoiler

CD Game style

Spoiler

Just my opinion after playing some CD compare to old patch, it is just turned out even more unbalanced in GA.

#27 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

I like how the champ section is 4 times larger then any other spoiler ;) 

#28 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:59 PM

It just because there are 3 type of champs that need to be work on. Just saying. At least more detail for champ rep to discuss. I just mentioned as Players who play champ and as cleric who are targeted by champs.

Cleric - I focus playing only FS. So i don't comment to involve to BC

Mage - Nothing much to say, most GA mage are just wind and fire type.

Raider - As mentioned before taht dual need to be work on about debuff amount. And katar efficiency really drop according to the cleric's buff. 

#29 ToonyNL

ToonyNL

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

Congratulations on your update feuer I hope your very happy. And off course you only like the champ part of jins command because thats only thing your interested in, seeing how good axe has become...

#30 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

Blame Feuer for everything, even the updates he doesn't do!

#31 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

Yeah, it's not Feuer's fault. It's jerremy's ones. He did everything.

#32 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

I'm not competent enough to do everything.

#33 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

Just what people do not like. It's enough. I'm sure you are competent enough to screw everything!

#34 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

I think i could say that the cleric nerfs are not the way to balance .

This change of cleric effects all classes .. because of the buffs you gain are nerfed to mutch.

That changed the whole gameplay ! After this you need to balance all classes again cause of this change...

#35 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

So the Nerf the AP buff, and leave the Defence buff the same?. I can see this being a problem for some classes

Regarding Critical focus, even though its adjusted bit so the scout will have 5% more crit then the rest of the group, I still firmly believe it should not be a party buff. But if you do insist on keeping it as a party buff, the scout should have the original 10% above the rest. 5% for everyone, 15% for the scout. only reason this is a party buff is because it is the only critical buff aside from the clerics. 

Edited by bl0b, 16 May 2014 - 01:09 AM.

#36 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

Lol Toony, I'm not even playing my Axe spec anymore :P sorry to burst your bubble, the point was I wasn't doing it for me, SOME of those updates needed to happen to bring them back into a modest competition level. 

Nope, Personally, My favorite is Axe, for looks anyway. I like the way Swords work, but I'm interested in finding out how to make an effective 1v1 spear now. So I reset and redid all my stuff for Spears. :)

But I agree, we should blame jerremy. 

It just because there are 3 type of champs that need to be work on. Just saying. At least more detail for champ rep to discuss. I just mentioned as Players who play champ and as cleric who are targeted by champs.

Cleric - I focus playing only FS. So i don't comment to involve to BC

Mage - Nothing much to say, most GA mage are just wind and fire type.

Raider - As mentioned before taht dual need to be work on about debuff amount. And katar efficiency really drop according to the cleric's buff. 

Wait so why not so much detail for other classes? I mean, there are what, 8 types of mage? 3 types of cleric? 3 types of knight?, uh 2 types of bourge, 2 types of Artisan, 2 types of scout, and uh... 4 types of raider? Pretty sure thay all target clerics too, I don't think it's fair to give me all the data for feedback, you should detail the rest of the classes as well, so those reps have something to discuss too :)

Edited by Feuer, 16 May 2014 - 01:00 AM.

#37 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

@Feuer

Like i said before : because of this big nerf of cleric it effects all classes.

They all rely on the buffs they get and they all act differently cause of it.

If we keep the cleric like this they have to look to every single class again.....

#38 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

Wait so why not so much detail for other classes? I mean, there are what, 8 types of mage? 3 types of cleric? 3 types of knight?, uh 2 types of bourge, 2 types of Artisan, 2 types of scout, and uh... 4 types of raider? Pretty sure thay all target clerics too, I don't think it's fair to give me all the data for feedback, you should detail the rest of the classes as well, so those reps have something to discuss too :)

1. I don't play xbow kngiht. 1h Knight doesn't have any issue of this change to me, I still play and protect cleric with taunt, sacri and protection as the same
2. Mage? In CD mostly I only see Burn and Wind Type +Cold snap. What they all do is just stand beside cleric and aoe. Nothing much to say. I will let Ahya who has more experience on mage to comment about it
3. Launcher bourg to me doesn't effect much, their role is just stand near to group or cleric, and spamming aoe
Gun bourg even lost atsp buff from cleric, they are still fine with own atsp selfbuff (I already PM some idea on gun bourg to Bourg rep)
4. I don't play BA
5. I don't really play scout even I do have it (So if you do notice, I never give much comment about scout ) So people who plays those class could give feeling on their class according to the change the best
6. Most Dual raider, they only spam they debuff, run and spam aoe. If you play as much as you can, you will see some game, people saying "If you want to run, kill that dual after mage" They are not mainly hit cleric. Katar raider in CD mostly crit type. I rarely see burn type at all. And the efficiency already decrease according to cleric buff nerf on their offensive(Already Mentioned).
And why I said they have less dmg comparing to old patch. I do play cleric a lot as well and you knew my cleric. This patch I do not really feel the pain after getting 3 raiders hitting me compare to old one
7. I don't play BC, and I don't play Fs with shield. But as magic tool fs, what I concern is ap and atsp buff less, def,mdef and hp remain same, it just make clerics being more tanker and 2,3 clerics per team is just end up forever fight till time done. Today I played I never ever shout protect cleric, it means something.

So mostly these change effect the class offensive that rely on normal hit with atsp. And effect the game play change during GA that making it is too narrow way to play

And I gave feedback on champ a lot because I have been playing three type of champs as main all the way long on both PvP and GA until immune was added, then I rarely play because i just feel lame I can have monster aoe dmg while none can stun or sleep me. That definitely OP. But now immune seem to be about fine. Just only left are balance among three types of champs.

I gave feedback on champ not to be only you to work on, there are other 3 champs rep.

Hope these satisfy you.

Edited by FireJin, 16 May 2014 - 03:26 AM.

#39 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

8 types of Mage eh , mind to enlighten us a little on which 8 types you have running in your mind now ? 

#40 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:53 AM

There might be eight if you stretch far enough, but it's so similar that you can't call it another type. Why are we even discussing that though. It doesn't matter at all here.

Edited by jerremy, 16 May 2014 - 01:56 AM.

#41 Skaduwee

Skaduwee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

I don't understand, FS CLERIC now it's better to have full int ?!

#42 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:06 AM

Nobody know's ... And when you think you know it they would change it again...

:p_sad: :sob:

#43 Mypuriheart

Mypuriheart

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOutside Junon

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

Well, not really, you 'can' go full INT, but just to note. You can't reach 100% without 3%. NVM that, INT 'is' just a bit more useful now ._. I wonder how a cleric can die with such mana.

#44 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

Critical Focus (Formerly "Bow Focus")

• Duration increased to 15 minutes, from 10.
  • Critical Focus can now be cast as a party effect and remains stack-able with other critical buffs.
  • Critical Focus's effect has been split in to two effects. The first effect will apply to all affected, but will provide 5% critical.
  • The second effect will apply another 5% critical, however it will only apply to players equipped with a bow at the time the spell is cast, and will only apply so long as that target is using a bow.

is it because of this that we have two critical focus icons on screen??

Edited by kwayan19, 16 May 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#45 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:35 AM

Oh, I get it! You meant Leonis spoilers.

#46 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:38 AM

har har, no, i meant Jin's post. Very clever though, you should quit ROSE and become a comedian. 

#47 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

K lemme get something to munch on.
*steal Val's popcorns*

There are a wide variety of mages, types within types and a vast array of different arsenals for every single specialty there are. Many to mention actually, nobody here would wanna list and elaborate on all of them.

Anyway, to CD gameplay changes after this patch, regarding the side of the Mage..

Mages still are the same old wizards in CD. But now, though not included in my skills, I know a whole lot of mages will be empowered. Running mages are still existing, and given they're used and built properly, they can be deadlier than ever. *poke Jin's eye*

We live longer, but I think the nerf on cleric buffs plus the nerf on raiders are a bit too much. I myself, as a squishy all-firepower mage (sacrificing all defensive aspects) can stand being hit by three katar raiders and live by being focus healed on by just one FS cleric. A good FS at that, yes, but given that I am way squishier than almost all mages out there, there was obviously a big and negative difference regarding the raiders.

I never had to trouble myself to protecting the FS that much. I was more on trying to take what kill I can for myself, especially since I love making knights regret taunting me. Nobody hurt my allied FS enough. They didn't require the usual protection needed to survive. Katar raiders were way too nerfed.

Yup, that's it. :hinthint:

#48 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

In other words Ahya could you say that it was the radical change of aspd bonus (buff) that 'nerfed' the katar raiders too hard? I just wanna make that extra clear if possible :)

#49 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

Exactly :D

That major nerf on katar raiders made me.. Tickled when three of them try to kill me :P Imagine, in the past before this buff nerf, there was the thrill of having to be mentally aware and swift in reaction with regards to katar raiders and scouts popping out of nowhere.. Now.. Yup, they only tickle me. And that's just one FS Cleric focus healing on me.

Before, there was always the..

"Okay, go first and see if there are katars."

"Oh two katar raiders attacking me, I better shout out loud for help while running. It's hard :o"

"There's a katar raider. Lemme come near his face and whack him with my SH. *hope none other pops out*"

Now?

"Okay katars attacking me. How many? 3. How many FS focused on me? 1. K I'll kill them after I kill that other mage."

The thrill and challenge of playing in CD has diminished. The threat of constant danger of immediate assassination is no more. ;)

Edited by Ahya, 16 May 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#50 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

Its not only the katar that get nerfed but think about the atsp of gunbourg?

This cleric buff nerf is just way too radical!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users