Getting Stuck, and Possibly No Escape - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Getting Stuck, and Possibly No Escape

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Squeakbox

Squeakbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Hi,

Just to be clear, I am aware of the teleport skill and warp scrolls.

I have found a nasty spot to get stuck in, if you're exploring the area around... I also find it incredibly easy to get on top of mountain peaks, even though the game attempts to slide me down. I have also managed to get out-of-bounds to the edge of the water square by accident.

This, however, was intentional, but unintentional deadzone to get trapped in... and it's a really bad problem and has plausible situation of clipping through the map!

In El-rima Prison, if one gets in-behind the building (where it should be prevented from access, yet I have managed to squeeze behind the building with not much resistance), my character does not stay still, walking continuously without escape from this V-shaped trap. The teleport skill is useless, as my character could not cast it in this horrible spot!

I was able to escape with a teleport scroll map.

I just want to say... preventing players from getting out-of-bounds is very poorly designed, this can be prevented with invisible walls. Also, if I run out of scrolls, there seems to be no way to contact a moderator in-game as moderator activity seems to be pretty inactive in Turba... as far as I know...

I could point out how easy it is to run up a seam (called seam-walking) on a mountain, or no resistance in odd slopes. I'm not sure if there is a rule against bug exploiting, but I've been looking into the breaking point of these bugs to analyse the dangers by risking my characters for this. I can find ways to get my character in bad places where I can still escape with the teleport spell, but I find there might be some spots where my character might clip through the map, or building... and I'd hate to think what would happen if my character fell into 3D land abyss (perpetual position 0, 0, 0 as the land escapes me, creating the illusion of falling) if there's even something to bring me back, but being stuck in this V-shaped trap with no way to page a moderator for an emergency rescue is viable for character deletion.

I don't persist these bugs often, but moments where Nephas has not been spawning, I've gotten tiresome of waiting, and my mind likes to wander but do things. If I don't feel like I'm being restricted from doing something, then I will do whatever to enjoy the scenery. The view is pretty glorious in some places, especially a nice top-down view of Aniyass Stone Pit.

If I am violating a rule (which I haven't looked up) my apologies, but I feel it is important that collision should be tested better. My intention was to report it earlier, but I have not been playing in a while until again recently.

I understand if collision is a big problem to fix, but it can be solved with some simple work-arounds. But also, there seems to be a lack of emergency rescue options for players.

Edited by Squeakbox, 16 May 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#2 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention~

This will be directed to our development team. Maybe a Relocate button of sorts.

#3 Squeakbox

Squeakbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Is this being worked on at this time? Because I can't connect to the server... don't want to make a new topic if that's what's going on. I also have an issue with the quests for innards, because the spawn time doesn't seem consistent (such as Nephas, etc...).

#4 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Is this being worked on at this time? Because I can't connect to the server... don't want to make a new topic if that's what's going on. I also have an issue with the quests for innards, because the spawn time doesn't seem consistent (such as Nephas, etc...).

There was an issue with the log-in Server. That is currently being worked on. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users