Remove ROFL/ROR aROFL/aROR Sonic blow autocast - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Remove ROFL/ROR aROFL/aROR Sonic blow autocast

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Atum

Atum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationKlagenfurt, Austria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

I think it would be nice to remove Sonic Blow from the autocast list from the Ring of Flame Lord/Ring of Resonance-combo list of autocast skills aswell as from the Ring of Advanced Flame Lord/Advanced Ring of Resonance-combo list of autocast skills.

Level 5 Sonic blow is useless and it is totally annoying since it stops your autoattacks.
Even if it was level 10 sonic blow i'd much rather keep my autoattacks going than casting sonic blow.

In the past we could equip and inequip an injustice carded weapon to deactivate the sonic blow autoattack, however not only was it stupid that we had to do such things, this "deactivation of skill autocasts" got fixed/gets fixed in the near future (unsure how it works right now, but i know there is an update where it "fixes" this).

So yea, please remove sonic blow from the ROFL/ROR and aROFL/aROR-combo autocast list.

#2 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

NO. 

I enjoy sonic blow on my sniper. And most(if not all) of the monsters I fight die when sonic blow procs so it doesn't matter that it stops my sniper's autoattack.   :heh:

#3 Atum

Atum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

I enjoy sonic blow on my sniper. And most(if not all) of the monsters I fight die when sonic blow procs so it doesn't matter that it stops my sniper's autoattack.   :heh:

Sonic blow 5 only does 600% damage.
During the 2 second animation of sonic blow you could've done 6 attacks (180 aspd) for 600% damage, up to 14 autaottacks (193 attack speed) for 1400% damage total.

So yes, sonic blow autocast impaires your damage.

It might be sweet when you're low level, however once you start fighting monsters with more than 10k hp it becomes totally stupid and annoying having to re-click every few seconds and you can not tell me that your sonic blow is 1-hitting level 120+ monsters.

Edited by Atum, 17 May 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#4 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

Sonic blow 5 only does 600% damage.
During the 2 second animation of sonic blow you could've done 6 attacks (180 aspd) for 600% damage, up to 14 autaottacks (193 attack speed) for 1400% damage total.

So yes, sonic blow autocast impaires your damage.

It might be sweet when you're low level, however once you start fighting monsters with more than 10k hp it becomes totally stupid and annoying having to re-click every few seconds and you can not tell me that your sonic blow is 1-hitting level 120+ monsters.

One-hit? You are assuming that SB procs at a high rate. I get to hit monsters multiple times before SB procs so they die by that time. And yes I use it mostly on low-levels. Why would I use the pair at higher levels when I can use AoE?

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Autocasting sonic blow is awful. I had heard it was removed from the advanced ring before we got it. Sad news to hear it still does it.

#6 Atum

Atum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

One-hit? You are assuming that SB procs at a high rate. I get to hit monsters multiple times before SB procs so they die by that time. And yes I use it mostly on low-levels. Why would I use the pair at higher levels when I can use AoE?

Yes, SB procs at a high rate. There are times where sonic blow procs instantly the moment i click on an enemy... then after 2 seconds i have to reclick- only to notice that sonic blow procs AGAIN. Reclicking again, etc... totally annoying.

About using aoes at high level: You should not tell other people how to play there chars, there are many builds which utilize autoattacks, like critGX, agi/frenzy RK, battleAB, autoshadowChaser, etc who rely on autoattacks and for these people the auto sonic blow is absolutely horrible.

Autocasting sonic blow is awful. I had heard it was removed from the advanced ring before we got it. Sad news to hear it still does it.

Yea, i also heard/read in the irowiki kRO patch topic that sonic blow autocast got removed.
Not sure why we still have sonic blow autocast with our set... :(

#7 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Yes, SB procs at a high rate. There are times where sonic blow procs instantly the moment i click on an enemy... then after 2 seconds i have to reclick- only to notice that sonic blow procs AGAIN. Reclicking again, etc... totally annoying.

About using aoes at high level: You should not tell other people how to play there chars, there are many builds which utilize autoattacks, like critGX, agi/frenzy RK, battleAB, autoshadowChaser, etc who rely on autoattacks and for these people the auto sonic blow is absolutely horrible.

Aren't you doing the same? You want to remove an effect from an item - an effect that some people (me!) enjoy just because you (and I suppose others) are annoyed.

Edited by Rotine, 18 May 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

The difference is your opinion is illogical and doesn't make mathematical sense.

#9 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

the ring should let u choose what to proc and what not to proc C:

makes everyone happy

Edited by thatfool, 18 May 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#10 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

I thought there is a method to remove autocast spells/skills (Sonic blow) by equipping/unequipping an injustice carded weapon for Sonic Blow to not proc?

But it is a temporary method though..

#11 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

The difference is your opinion is illogical and doesn't make mathematical sense.

Since when did math has anything to do with having fun? How do you compute fun?  I love seeing my hunter do the SB animation on a bow/spear.

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

since when do hunters equip spears

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

i have NEVER had sonic blow autocast while using my A.ROR and A.ROFL combo... Sonic blow and GFist were removed from the autocast lists

#14 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

since when do hunters equip spears

My bad. should have wrote sniper/pala. So are you now going to explain why having fun requires mathematical sense?

Edited by Rotine, 18 May 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#15 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I love it when the devs "fix" things based on a player's selfish opinion.

I'd also like to select the element of bolts procced on CD In Mouth and Elemental Sword as with Hindsight, because I don't like seeing bolts miss due to enemy element.

I'd like for GHA to proc Lex on every attack since it's a pain casting Domini.

I'd like to remove the melee damage amp on Kaite since I only want the good part of the skill.

I'd like to completely remove the var cast time on GoH because casting disrupts my rhythm.

I'd like the mat reqs for Masq skills to be removed since I like conserving weight.

I'd like to remove the HP drain from SS because I don't like having to pot up.

I'd like for all skills to cost 0 SP because I don't like it when my SP isn't full.

#16 Atum

Atum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

I thought there is a method to remove autocast spells/skills (Sonic blow) by equipping/unequipping an injustice carded weapon for Sonic Blow to not proc?

No, that got "fixed" so you can't deactivate autocasts anymore. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I love it when the devs "fix" things based on a player's selfish opinion.

This is not about being selfish, its about gameplay comfort.

Lets say we had the old Diablo 1 autoattacking mechanic where you had to leftclick for every single autoattack.
Wouldn't you be annoyed that with 193 aspd you'd have to click 7 times per second?
Would you say it'd be selfish in that case to ask for a system like we have now, where you just have to ctrl+click or just hold the mouse button down?

Also : no need for your exaggerated examples, the things you listed (lex aterna with every hit, instantcasts, etc) are way, way different from a request to fix the annoying sonicblow-cancels-autoattacks matter.

i have NEVER had sonic blow autocast while using my A.ROR and A.ROFL combo... Sonic blow and GFist were removed from the autocast lists

So we already got the patch that removes sonic blow from the aRoR/aROFL combo?
Back when i trued it it still had sonic blow, i hated it and never used the combo since.
I just didnt have time to create a topic until now.
If its fixed already: NVM, topic can be closed.

#17 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

I'd be happy if autocasts didn't incur global delay.

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

What about motion delay? Autocasting Arrow Vulcan for example (electric eel) is pretty useless

#19 Atum

Atum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

Also, autocasts should not use/consume magic amplification. >.<;;

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

what sucks is that Zen, occult impaction, and fury all use up kagerou charms... if you have charms active occult impaction and fury will use up the required number of charms and zen will replace all charms with 5 spirit spheres actually reducing damage...

#21 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Can we have Ring of Resonance, Ring of Flame Lord, Enhanced ROR, Enhanced ROFL sonic blow effect removed from auto cast just like KRO did? 

http://forums.warppo...-blow-autocast/

Players are really annoyed by that.

We can request those from kRO. 

I asked in today's Tiki thread

#22 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

So we already got the patch that removes sonic blow from the aRoR/aROFL combo?
Back when i trued it it still had sonic blow, i hated it and never used the combo since.
I just didnt have time to create a topic until now.
If its fixed already: NVM, topic can be closed.

Is it truly fixed? kinda embarrassed that I posted the question in TIki...

#23 jogradz1225

jogradz1225

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMy Laptop is on an Ironing board ^_^

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Maybe what the suggestion shoulda been was to fix that SB coding so that even if anyone autocasts it that it doesn't stop the continuous attack?

idk why its the only thing that stops you from attacking normally. its like the most stupid coding that RO has made. ^_^ I agree that it looks cool on any other weapon than a Katar but why does it stop players from having a logical fun? TG sonic blows but never stops attacking you, so does Orc Hero... Is it that you can't be all powerful without limitations? ^_^

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

Auto casting arrow vulcan does too

#25 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

the advanced ring set DOES NOT have sonic blow or Gfist... at all... i have both rings and can show you on the eggs in the academy in izlude... i got my ring set right after they were available and they never have had gfist or sonic blow on them... they DO however have some nice stats on them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users