nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Pulled from a blog

"iRO2 wasn’t suppose to be released on May 2013 and the reason it got released early was because the China partner during that time was evaluating the game. One of the reasons iRO got colo before the Culvert Abyss update.

Unfortunately for Gravity Co., the China partner wasn’t too impressed with the game performance and the content and as announced on November 2013, the license agreement was terminated. As a result of this, Gravity loses $20 million.

And…as a result of that..we got AoV earlier than expected and that update pretty much destroyed the game.

And…..as a result of AoV wrecking the game, on April 2014, the Phillipines partner terminated the license agreement for RO2. Gravity loses another $3 million.

And………….as a result of this, the jump event was implemented in hopes of getting PH players to play on iRO2. This was purely a WP decision, not Gravity Co. Oh yeah..this also resulted into unwanted zeny sellers. Note that Gravity Interactive “allowed” the spammers to exist."

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

This explains quite a bit.

#3 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

I unhid this topic, because I wanted to clarify that these statements are completely and utterly false. There have been no agreements broken or lost this year, or in the past year.  We had a May 2013 release, because early summer is an ideal time to launch a new game. Update schedules are put together to optimize content and player interest, such as the case was for releasing AoV and the Jump Event. None of these decisions were related to licensing agreements.

We also do not tolerate RMT and have actively been banning any that were caught spamming in game. We encourage players to send in screenshots of RMTers so that the GMs can bring out their banhammers and dole out the proper punishments.

Unless there is proof (to which I can guarantee there is none), please do not spread or believe in harmful rumors such as these. If you are concerned after hearing any rumors such as these, you are more than welcome to PM me or any other community manager to clarify whether or not they are true. We would be more than happy to put these rumors to rest. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users