In the light of the new DNA: Hunter/Avenger Skills and DNA - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

In the light of the new DNA: Hunter/Avenger Skills and DNA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

This thread is based in 2 previous threads i made. The first was about how improve the traps and the second about how to improve the captured monsters. Now i would put them together and add a few skill changes and put it together with the new dna.

The related threads are Suggestions to improve Traps and Pet system changes (How to make Avengers more balanced)

First lets start with the traps.

Traps

Make them affected by stats:

As all know, the traps should be affected by stats, but one must be carful to make it balanced, otherwise it will break the class. Now, if they make them affected by stats with the base dmg they have now, probably will end being even more oped. The values must be adjusted to make a dmg near to what is now when all the midifiers are applied (dex, long range physical dmg, defense, etc).

Also, traps should be affected as any other of the Avenger skills: bye physical dmg, dex and reduced by long range defense. There are people that are afraid that this make the traps underpowered, and there are others that think that would be more powerful. I think that as the other classes, they would be able to have more dmg at the cost of hp or another stat, wich in the end make it balanced. If with this the traps dmg get too low, then the base dmg of the traps could be changed to make it useful.

The radius problem:

Some of the trap radius are too big, and also are described in a different way than the ground aoes, wich should be fixed. While the ground aoes said the radius, the traps said the diameter of activation.

Guided Trap: 24m (12m radius) is kind of big, maybe leave it at 20m (10m radius).

Paralysis Trap: as it is now, it have 10m max, but the new dna will add 16m more, wich means that will have 26m, wich is kind of excesive. It should stay at 16m-20m (8m-10m radius) maximum with dna.

Mine Trigger:

A small idea for the traps. What if when the hunter/avenger place the trap, a small bar (similar to the summoned monster/captured monster bar) appear. This bar should indicate if the mine is placed, and should indicate when it explode. This bar also could include a function to change the mine from Automatic to Manual: when the mine is setted as Automatic (by default) it explode as it does now, but when is set to Manual, the player can decide when it explode by pressing a 3rd button that trigger it.

Wich are the adventages of this new system? It would give more strategy to the class, being able to set mines in key places (roads, etc) and letting know to the player if someone fall in the trap: for example the player would be able to know if someone pass that point or is near their team flag, etc. The manual activation option would provide the player the ability of determine wich target they want to hit, this would also add strategy to the class gameplay, letting pass a tank for example and make it explode when a mage that comes behind step over it.

The manual trigger option could work in 2 ways: the first one is if the hunter/avenger dont have anyone selected, when a target is inside the radius, and the caster trigger the trap, it would hit that target or one of the targets inside the radius, but if the caster (hunter/avenger) have an enemy selected, then the trap only will hit that target when it enter in the trap radius.

Other Skills

If the traps were affected by stats, then a small modification to the skill Spreading Chill could be done.

1) Make Srpeading Chill an aoe skill, 6 or 8 targets.

2) Add an Extended Range of Spreading Chill (DNA) that make it aoe, 6 or 8 targets.

3) Or add a Swift Spreading Chill (DNA) that make it instant cast.

Why is this? because since the trap's dmg would be reduced by defense, then the avenger should have an effective way to reduce the targets defense.

Captured Monsters

First, they should fix the pet control system, this is valid for hunter/avengers but also for dominators:

First they should work over the pet control, each pet should have its own pet control bar. That sound more complex at the start but with 1 bar per pet, the player can set (said if is agresive, passive, etc) each one individualy and can send the pet to attack without the need of select it first. Also, the pet bar buttons should be able to be linked in the quick bar to be able to send the pets even faster: just like if were instant cast skills.

The second step is a little change in the skills:

Here i retake some ideas i post in the old forum, hopefully to improve them. The old thread was A few skill changes

Nadesh - 5/31/2010 12:18 PM

"(...)The traps should be affected by stats, not only to make defense have a meaning but also to help avengers to dont get stuck in the same dmg.

Traps could deal long range dmg, that way they would be affected by dex, long range defense and physical dmg. Probably they could lose hp when they need to add physical dmg or crit to the jewels but there is when the 2nd part of the suggestion enter.

Avengers should focus in traps and the captured monters, but atm the only capture monster that worth is the last one and only for pve: for pvp it last until the Avenger die."

How is it now:

Capturing Low Level Monster: lvl 10~37, capture beast type monsters lvl â?¤10 ~ â?¤37
Capturing Medium Level Monster: lvl 50~77, capture beast, plant and fairy type monsters lvl â?¤50 ~ â?¤77
Capturing High Level Monster: lvl 70~97, capture human/machine, elite and nightmare type monsters lvl â?¤70 ~ â?¤97

The idea is instead of have this 3 skills, with 10 skill points each, to have one and others to improve it.

How could be:

Capturing Monster: lvl 40~67 skill capture beast type monsters, same lvl (or lower) as the caster.

The captured monster should always be lower or equal to the player lvl, no matter the skill lvl.

-Lvl 40~67, add 5%~20% to all the monster stats and 63~224 short/long range defense (values taked of Templar Divine Protection).

Tame Mastery: lvl 50~71.

-Lvl 60, can capture plant monsters. Increase monster max hp 400
-Lvl 63, can capture plant and fairy monsters. Increase monster max hp 700
-Lvl 66, can capture plant and fairy monsters. Increase monster max hp 1000
-Lvl 69, can capture plant, fairy and human/machine monsters. Increase monster max hp 1300
-Lvl 71, can capture plant, fairy, machine, elite and nightmare monsters. Increase monster max hp 1600

The mastery also could increse some of the monster stats.

Rise Monster: lvl 50~71. This skill let the player summon the last captured monster. When a player capture a monster, it get registered in this skill. Once the monster is destroyed, the player can re-summon it.

-Lvl 60, hp recovery upon resurrection 50%
-Lvl 63, hp recovery upon resurrection 70%
-Lvl 66, hp recovery upon resurrection 80%
-Lvl 69, hp recovery upon resurrection 90%
-Lvl 71, hp recovery upon resurrection 100%

(edited): a little change in the % of hp, went from 20%~100% to 50%~100%. The reason is because there isnt a heal monster skill in the Hunter/ Avenger skill tree, and then the start hp shouldnt be so low.

Keep in mind that this is only an idea, and if i post it here is to let other people to improve it.

As a side note, the Dominator's pets should lvl in a similar way: the lvl of the monster based on the lvl of the skill it will always put the character in a hard position in specifics points of the game, because the pet is always one step behind of the caster.

The pets stats should be defined for the player lvl and not for the skill lvl. The skill lvl should only give additional bonuses to the pet: like extra % of stats, defense, hp, dmg, etc.