Crippling Storm/Enfeeblement Debuff is ridiculously broken! - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Crippling Storm/Enfeeblement Debuff is ridiculously broken!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lolmetimbers89

lolmetimbers89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

^

topic says it all. Just how did this get overlooked? Dual raiders Crippling Storm/Enfeeblement skill - 20 secs duration with 5 seconds cooldown and 8m aoe effect. With the right build and the recent mspeed nerf, it now prevents any movement FOREVER since it can be casted before the duration ends. Like an infinite aoe cold snap. Plus crippling adds an acc down effect. Just played a CD with this and my whole team was immobilized indefinitely and picked off by ranged classes. Shooting fish in a barrel. GG melee classes or retreating. 

Needs an immediate patch so it deserves it's own topic in general. Times should be swapped to 20 secs cooldown with 5 seconds duration and/or the movement speed debuff % + x reduced significantly to reflect recent mspeed changes.

On the upside I'm glad the GA point system has been reworked, been dungeoning and pvping much more.

edit: And does cleric purify even dispel it? 

Edited by lolmetimbers89, 24 May 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#2 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Cleric purify will remove it unless the purifies are all still broken.

Debuffs have not been overlooked. They are currently being looked into since the current buffs seem to be what we will stick with (possible edits here and there, but their power should be pretty much good to go). Many debuffs will probably need to be scaled slightly down to stay in line with the buffs.

#3 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Do not depend on the cleric to purify the statuses. Many of them are no longer has that skill. The purifies are broken. I am a cleric and I do not even bother taking the skill because of 2 reasons.

1. The effects of the purity skills are weak. I do not care what some of you are and were arguing otherwise. When I think it is weak, then it is weak to me.

2. The build of cleric is very limit because of the lack of skill points. It cost lot of skill points to learn every necessary skills to survive and heal. We do not have any skill points to waste for less priority skills. Lot of clerics do not take the skill because of this reason. The effects of purity are not strong enough for us to sacrify the skill points to learn it.

Edited by ChampPower, 24 May 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#4 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

We also aware of that.

I already suggested something about both skills to Leonis. Once he is free, he will look into it.

And as Nifa said, once purify is working properly again, it would be fine. And I also can guarantee that many Clerics from Draco have purify, and some of them are working fine of it to dispell Aural's from mage and mspd down from Dual.

AoE Purify: 2 Dispell and 8 Secs

Single Purify: 3 Dispell and 4 secs

According to current purify duration, we will try to keep up Enfeeblement and Crippling Storm  effect duration and cooldown to make purify can counter it.

Thank you for information. If you have any suggestion or any thing need to be looked into. You may message me or post in Hawker class Section: http://forums.warppo...0-hawker-class/

#5 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

You forgot Cure

#6 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

I think the cooldown and duration are already being worked on, or at least will be.

#7 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

You forgot Cure

Haha, right right. I mostly use that for Healer Stack and counter wound stack. And it also has 1 dispell. Good good :D

#8 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

Cleric purify will remove it unless the purifies are all still broken.

Debuffs have not been overlooked. They are currently being looked into since the current buffs seem to be what we will stick with (possible edits here and there, but their power should be pretty much good to go). Many debuffs will probably need to be scaled slightly down to stay in line with the buffs.

Why would class balance be viewed like this?  What if you don't have a cleric with you?  It's ok to be prevented from moving until the sun burns out?

#9 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

You skipped the part about how the debuffs are being reviewed.

#10 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

You skipped the part about how the debuffs are being reviewed.

No, I was commenting on your first sentence, which sounded like the game is balanced in a way that everything revolves around clerics, which I think is wrong.

#11 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

It was a sentence in reply to your question of whether or not purify can remove the debuff, not of one stating that you must rely on a cleric to dispell the strong debuff, therefore the debuff itself is not problematic and need undergo no change or reduction. First they had to reduce buffs so that the game revolved less around clerics. Now they need to fix debuffs so that what was focused on debuffing the high buffs are scaled down to current buffs. (They probably did not realize how bad the debuff was even with the strong cleric buffs, and, though it was brought up then, reducing reliance on cleric buffs had priority.) And then they need to fix the whole depending on a cleric for the healing support role. Whether or not these next two steps occur in that order or in reverse is something I do not know, but the point is that the developers are at least aware of these issues and are working on changing them. There has already been mention in one of the previous patch notes (buried quite deeply in the thread) that artisans will have the ability to become a supporting role, which indicates one method for stepping away from the reliance on clerics for the game.

#12 lolmetimbers89

lolmetimbers89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Regardless of whether purify can dispel it (which it should if working properly) or the order or events that led to the debuff going through in it's current state, it is clearly OP and game breaking and needs to be changed. All I want to do is bring more attention to it since I believe it is the number 1 most broken skill in the game at the moment. It reduces everyone's mspeed down to 0 indefinitely. 

I said overlooked because only one side of the buff equation was taken into consideration before releasing such a big game changing patch. 

Edited by lolmetimbers89, 24 May 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#13 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

The fact that the effect outlast the cooldown is an issue thats probably going to get sorted. What bothers me is the duration of the effects, rooted in pace for 20 seconds is kinda ridiculous. I think the duration needs to be halved and the effects toned down a little. but then again, these debuffs come in handy in dungeon runs...

#14 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

If the point of the debuff is supposed to be very strong still, then I think the CD should be longer than the duration. If the point of the debuff is to be more like the soldier mspd debuff cry, where it doesn't get very strong unless you really invest a lot into cha, then it could just have a cd/duration similar to the cry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users