Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

The Bounty Boards system is currently in TESTING MODE. Anyone using the boards now is considered a voluntary tester and should expect to encounter bugs and glitches when using the boards.

Click here to see how the boards are being developed.

I originally proposed this idea to Oda and Campitor back in February so I was really surprised to see them actually implement it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to help test it out since I've been busy with other stuff lately so I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on it. Feel free to direct your hate/love of these leveling quests to me. :3

View current monster suggestions here!

Here's original proposal in all its derpy glory:
Spoiler

Dialogue script
Spoiler

Changelogs
Spoiler

Edited by ZeroTigress, 19 August 2019 - 09:21 AM.

#2 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Ouch

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

lol yeah because nobody suggested anything even vaguely similar to this before you did.

Well, link those threads so they get proper credit as well! :U

#4 Fluffyninja

Fluffyninja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

lol yeah because nobody suggested anything even vaguely similar to this before you did.

People have been requesting an expansion of the boards, specifically the regional 71-85 ones, and 91-99 (mostly for its excellent rewards) ever since they were first implemented, at least once every few months. Having them NOT be located in Eden was also a common talking point.

The only thing I can see them having taken from your proposition is the explicit location of the board.

nn2MRAq.jpg

It's nice to see them having finally done something though! Thanks Oda n' Camp!

Seriously, was that even necessary?

Edited by Fluffyninja, 27 May 2014 - 10:19 PM.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

But seriously though, I'd love to see the proposals because I seriously don't remember seeing anyone suggest something similar. I want credit to go where credit is due. I didn't know any others existed when Oda and Campitor told me my idea was implemented. Would've been nice if they mentioned that to me.

EDIT: I remember ShinobiEX3 mentioning that he had an idea for something bounty board-like, but that's about it. :U

Edited by ZeroTigress, 27 May 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#6 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

i like that it's on regular maps (although tons of bots of KH map as usual). still have 150s leeching kills, but that's expected

i originally didn't like that there's no cooldown. but...the fact that you need to kill 600 monsters and it doesn't take 20 minutes to do it makes it tedious enough that only the really determined people will be able to farm EMBs like crazy

making the reward much higher for turning in all 4 at once vs. 1 at a time was a good idea. more work = better rewards.

#7 Toggles

Toggles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

But seriously though, I'd love to see the proposals because I seriously don't remember seeing anyone suggest something similar. I want credit to go where credit is due. I didn't know any others existed when Oda and Campitor told me my idea was implemented. Would've been nice if they mentioned that to me.

EDIT: I remember ShinobiEX3 mentioning that he had an idea for something bounty board-like, but that's about it. :U

It could be buried under all the old hate gramps posts/threads or some of the maint threads, I'm a bit too tired to dig them up right now,

#8 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

I think hunting 150 of each monster was yielding like 100k exp or so. If you chose to turn in all 4 at the same time you got an eden merit badge and zeny instead of just the little bit of zeny. Although handing all 4 in at once yields 1 chunk of exp which is only worthwhile at higher level otherwise the exp was getting wasted on a low level.

Note: Eden board exp for the same monsters is better, but doesn't reward job exp when hunting those monsters. I just did both of the quests at the same time to get exp from both and free warps.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 28 May 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

i like that it's on regular maps (although tons of bots of KH map as usual). still have 150s leeching kills, but that's expected

i originally didn't like that there's no cooldown. but...the fact that you need to kill 600 monsters and it doesn't take 20 minutes to do it makes it tedious enough that only the really determined people will be able to farm EMBs like crazy

making the reward much higher for turning in all 4 at once vs. 1 at a time was a good idea. more work = better rewards.

How's the KS situation with the Bounty Boards? That was the main reason why I originally proposed having you guys kill less for more reward, but I guess I forgot about the farmers. <<

It could be buried under all the old hate gramps posts/threads or some of the maint threads, I'm a bit too tired to dig them up right now,

Yeah, that's where I read about ShinobiEX3's idea referring to bounty boards, but I don't remember reading them anywhere else. Maybe Almr can dig them up since she seems to remember so well.

I think hunting 150 of each monster was yielding like 100k exp or so. If you chose to turn in all 4 at the same time you got an eden merit badge and zeny instead of just the little bit of zeny. Although handing all 4 in at once yields 1 chunk of exp which is only worthwhile at higher level otherwise the exp was getting wasted on a low level.
Note: Eden board exp for the same monsters is better, but doesn't reward job exp when hunting those monsters. I just did both of the quests at the same time to get exp from both and free warps.

Would you prefer the Bounty Boards having more base EXP than Eden boards so you don't have to do both or are you fine with doing both boards for both EXP?

#10 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

so where's the bounty boards located? this sounds interesting to level my blacksmith

#11 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

the npc is located southeast of center juno

no KSing so far, but that could change if more people do them.

the exp reward is pretty nice i think. ~750k exp/jexp on a high-90s vip char. that's pretty good for killing low-80s monsters

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

no KSing so far, but that could change if more people do them.

That was my main concern with having people kill more than what I originally proposed. I know the spawn rates on the maps aren't the best, so I was hesitant to suggest anything more than 30 kills (maybe 50 at most).

Maybe a Bounty Hunter Ranking system could curb that? The more Bounty Boards you do, the higher you rank. Rewards more EMB at higher ranks. But I think Gravity would just bork that up. :(

#13 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

im checking the quests right now.... and 150 sleepers is a lot of sleepers...

#14 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Noob question, were are this bounty bords?

#15 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

The bounty boards are a great idea, I just hope they plan on expanding them to 100+ soon though.

#16 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

nn2MRAq.jpg

I really don't think that was necessary. There might have been similar concept suggested in the course of discussion, but she does reserve rights to make her own thread and have her own idea to share with everyone. Hence why she made this post.

Juno bounty board is test run. If its successful(which is very successful for me) they should expand this further. And since it was somewhat driven from community, its nice to have thread that shares an ideal monsters for the bounty board. Zero's suggestion bears nothing negative. I don't know how you came up with she's being a drama queen either.

#17 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

the npc is located southeast of center juno

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

im checking the quests right now.... and 150 sleepers is a lot of sleepers...

Oi, that is a lot. :U Hope they lower it by half at least when the whole thing goes live. Or else the KSing will be nuts when people start partying up.

The bounty boards are a great idea, I just hope they plan on expanding them to 100+ soon though.

It should if the testing goes well.

#19 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

There are still error in script where all exp to job still gives base exp. I've notified them of this issue but it seems like its yet to got fixed. Sleeper spawn rate is a bit tricky, but it should be remained 150 count imo. once they commence bounty board across the towns, it will give a bit of annoyance for those of you who are intending to stack them for BM turn in.

#20 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

nearby Item shop in Juno

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Sleeper spawn rate is a bit tricky, but it should be remained 150 count imo. once they commence bounty board across the towns, it will give a bit of annoyance for those of you who are intending to stack them for BM turn in.

Well, I guess if Gramps is permanent, then the Bounty Boards shouldn't have too much KSing with 100+ monster kills. <<

#22 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

Well, I guess if Gramps is permanent, then the Bounty Boards shouldn't have too much KSing with 100+ monster kills. <<

I tried juno bounty myself, and biggest problem i see with this is bringing in high level characters, and ksing as they do so. sleeper count gets complain because map bounty npc send them to have really low numbers of sleepers. this is where "traveling to other map" should come into play.

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

I tried juno bounty myself, and biggest problem i see with this is bringing in high level characters, and ksing as they do so. sleeper count gets complain because map bounty npc send them to have really low numbers of sleepers. this is where "traveling to other map" should come into play.

Since there doesn't seem to be any intention to remove Gramps TI maps, I'm betting on those high level KSing folks to stay in there. The Bounty Boards are definitely meant to encourage players to travel to alternative maps to make things less boring.

#24 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

Since there doesn't seem to be any intention to remove Gramps TI maps, I'm betting on those high level KSing folks to stay in there. The Bounty Boards are definitely meant to encourage players to travel to alternative maps to make things less boring.

warping to location was very bad idea for purpose of "encouraging" people to travel to designated place of their desire. Current testing version of Bounty Board NPC send you to designated place without any map choice of yours, which wouldn't really encourage people to travel. And people are usually passive, and stay at where they're warped to. Purpose of bounty board is falling apart because of that. 

This is core problem. Why would this NPC want to warp characters to optimal places without making them actually travel to destination if the purpose of the this bounty board is to make them travel? 

Another problem i'm noticing with bounty board is lack of variation of quest. Kill count shouldn't be only way to encourage people to travel because getting kill count really just makes people passive and make people not care about looking around, and explore. Rather, they will just focus on HUNTING all the way, hence why there are more people just bringing slaving ABs and rangers with 6~ alts and gwing around. This is not something i was expecting from bounty board. 

I wanna see something more elaborated. Make several npc throughout the map, make some interesting community driven stories. Use existing map in more clever way. make them travel to juno field 11 to get quest, and make them travel to juno field 08 to finish grand peco counts. and you have to turn them in at castle looking place as an offering to God Oda or something like that. 

TL;DR: Warping is not a right way to encourage traveling via npc imo.

Edited by CharAznable, 29 May 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#25 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

There are still error in script where all exp to job still gives base exp. I've notified them of this issue but it seems like its yet to got fixed. Sleeper spawn rate is a bit tricky, but it should be remained 150 count imo. once they commence bounty board across the towns, it will give a bit of annoyance for those of you who are intending to stack them for BM turn in.

We patched this before midnight on the 28th. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users