Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 10 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#226 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

I dunno, the iRO team came up with the numbers, not me. Please make EXP suggestions here and the iRO team will reevaluate the EXP offerings.

#227 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

Same reason why Spores give the same amount as GGs and double the amount of Boa. Same reason why Cornus almost gives 3.something times the amount base EXP compared to Nagas.

GMs input random numbers and go with it :v

#228 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

According to Oda

Spore = Base 13,162 Job 9,787

Boa = Base 13,162 Job 9,787

Bigfoot = Base 20,250 Job 22,837

Elder Willow = Base 26,212 Job 29,587

Greatest General = Base 54,675 Job 61,650

Skeleton = Base 18,225 Job 20,587

Soldier Skeleton = Base 24,300 Job 27,337

Archer Skeleton = Base 45,562 Job 51,187

Munak = Base 55,687 Job 62,662

Bongun = Base 59,737 Job 67,162

So currently only the Payon Bounty Board is giving incorrect experience.

Edited by Riakuta, 05 August 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#229 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

The formula should be 75% of the monster's exp x 150 for the reward

#230 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

does experience reward change if you turn in all of them at once?  or is the only difference the fact that you would get an EMB?

#231 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

It should be but some of them aren't unless everything payon board had its EXP reward changed after the first week of its implantation. http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests All of Payon monsters are giving way higher rewards than 75% of 150 kills.

Edited by Toxn, 05 August 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#232 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Then, Nagas should be 331,200 not 182,475 which is what they currently give.

#233 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

Oda's response to the Level 100 cut-off:

Unfortunately, it was determined that there had to be upper level limit to limit people who are way too high level abusing it, since there is no cooldown.

So how are Level 99s supposed to take on the Level 100+ monsters that are on the Bounty Boards? You guys do know there are Level 100+ monsters on the High Level Bounty Boards, right? There are only Low Level Boards and High Level Boards; you said nothing about dividing them farther to make Mid Level Boards.

The reason Gramps TIs existed in the first place was BECAUSE leveling past 100 was an issue! And now you're making it hard again for players to level past 100! How does this make sense??

#234 BigDawg69

BigDawg69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

There are glitches in bounty boards! :/

#235 BigDawg69

BigDawg69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:52 AM

Im a VIP and low level gramps give like 50% job level, after completing one monster, when i was 88/52. Is this normal?

#236 soulsam

soulsam

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK portsmouth
  • Server:ymir

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

why remove the tele from the bounty boards sucks cant seem to teleport from the juno board lame this is a stupid move

#237 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

i believe that the warps were always intended to be a VIP only perk; they had been in for all players though.  is it gone now for non-vip or all people?

#238 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

why remove the tele from the bounty boards sucks cant seem to teleport from the juno board lame this is a stupid move

They're trying to get people to actually explore on their own and not just get hand held everywhere.

#239 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

They're trying to get people to actually explore on their own and not just get hand held everywhere.

somewhere, Zero is smiling c:

#240 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

i have mixed feelings about the removal of the warp

while im happy people will explore more, i that already explored pretty much all of payo, brasilis and juno... why would i want to re explore what i have already seen over 9000 times :|

#241 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

The cost of having no cooldowns on the Boards is having to work for your kills, which includes walking to the maps. If that's too much work for the benefits they give, there's always Gramps TIs.

I'll see about removing EMBs from the Boards entirely to curb abuse. << The Boards should just help people level and earn money to help them through the game, but no more than that.

#242 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

If they remove the EMBs, I'll be happy if they make the EXP reward 100% of the kill count, not 75% as Oda stated.

Anywhere else, bounty board is already twice or three times longer than gramps to finish, burns more consumables, and not everyone can do it efficiently, so I think it's fair enough already.

#243 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

I'm sure Oda and Campitor would want some sort of VIP perk tied to the Bounty Boards, so having 75% for non-VIPs and 100% for VIPs seems like a reasonable setup. Wonder if the same can be done for money from the boards as well so gold sellers can't profit from it too much.

#244 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

well it actually is but the monsters exp are swapped someone must have messed up in the ID i guess

Pinguiculas are giving the Nagas exp = (2944 * 150) *0.75 = 331200

Nagas are giving the Luciola Vespa exp =(1662*150)*0.75 = 182475

and Luciola Vespa is giving the Pinguicula exp = 249,750 (actually there is like 112.5 exp missing:3 )

#245 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

so basically as long as one takes all the quests they will get the expected reward exp (give or take 112.5).  BUT if you are only capable/interested in killing one of them then it becomes a problem.

#246 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

so basically as long as one takes all the quests they will get the expected reward exp (give or take 112.5).  BUT if you are only capable/interested in killing one of them then it becomes a problem.

or just do pinguicula + vespa till you get sick of it/they fix it

#247 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

well it actually is but the monsters exp are swapped someone must have messed up in the ID i guess

Pinguiculas are giving the Nagas exp = (2944 * 150) *0.75 = 331200

Nagas are giving the Luciola Vespa exp =(1662*150)*0.75 = 182475

and Luciola Vespa is giving the Pinguicula exp = 249,750 (actually there is like 112.5 exp missing:3 )

Ok, I'll check that out. 

#248 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

After some discussion with other players, it seems that having tiered boards similar to Eden Group is better to have in order to curb abuse. Please look through the new list and let me know what changes are needed.

http://forums.warppo...back/?p=1805504

Edited by ZeroTigress, 12 August 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#249 Tris

Tris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

TL;DR - I'm very glad to see that some thought is being put into bounty boards for characters over level 100. 

As you said earlier, ZT, leveling a character to 100 isn't the hard part.  While I love the idea of adding more ways to level other than TI parties for people of all levels, I think the 100+ set has it roughest.  Hell, I have a full time job, mid-tier equips and very little disposable income to spend on cash shop boosts, and I can get a character to 3rd class in a week or two without TIs and without seriously cutting into my free time.

However, I end up giving up most of my 3rd class characters before they even hit 105 just because leveling them is such a colossal pain. I would LOVE to play them more, but I just... don't want to rely on TI parties. Call me antisocial, but sometimes the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is spend hours trying to stir up a party that will probably leave me after 10 minutes and/or be full of inconsiderate, lazy, selfish strangers.

I find a certain peace in the solo grind, but when its so hard to make any noticeable progress, its very, very discouraging. The idea of bounty boards to help the process just appeals to me SO MUCH, especially for higher leveled characters. I was ecstatic when Eden quests were implemented for level 100 - 140 characters, and bounty boards adding even more options would be much appreciated.

#250 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

TL;DR - I'm very glad to see that some thought is being put into bounty boards for characters over level 100. 

As you said earlier, ZT, leveling a character to 100 isn't the hard part.  While I love the idea of adding more ways to level other than TI parties for people of all levels, I think the 100+ set has it roughest.  Hell, I have a full time job, mid-tier equips and very little disposable income to spend on cash shop boosts, and I can get a character to 3rd class in a week or two without TIs and without seriously cutting into my free time.

However, I end up giving up most of my 3rd class characters before they even hit 105 just because leveling them is such a colossal pain. I would LOVE to play them more, but I just... don't want to rely on TI parties. Call me antisocial, but sometimes the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is spend hours trying to stir up a party that will probably leave me after 10 minutes and/or be full of inconsiderate, lazy, selfish strangers.

I find a certain peace in the solo grind, but when its so hard to make any noticeable progress, its very, very discouraging. The idea of bounty boards to help the process just appeals to me SO MUCH, especially for higher leveled characters. I was ecstatic when Eden quests were implemented for level 100 - 140 characters, and bounty boards adding even more options would be much appreciated.

I like working for my levels, so the idea of going into Gramps TIs and just sit around in a group to leech off someone else doing all the work is very unappealing to me. Even with my pure forge Blacksmith, I would at least help buff my party mates or fix weapons for them. Plus, it's so easy to get KSed in there and the overall bad behavior it promotes just doesn't gel right with me. I still don't understand where they got the idea that getting from 70 to 99 is crazy difficult in Renewal. That was the case in pre-Renewal, but definitely not in Renewal. :\

Although I like the idea of Eden Group, I don't like how it's set up. And I especially have gotten very much sick of wading through a sea of AFK people just to get anywhere in there. So the Bounty Boards help to get parties outside of Gramps TIs and give an alternative to leveling for people who have gotten sick of Eden boards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users