Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#26 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

warping to location was very bad idea for purpose of "encouraging" people to travel to designated place of their desire. Current testing version of Bounty Board NPC send you to designated place without any map choice of yours, which wouldn't really encourage people to travel. And people are usually passive, and stay at where they're warped to. Purpose of bounty board is falling apart because of that.

This is core problem. Why would this NPC want to warp characters to optimal places without making them actually travel to destination if the purpose of the this bounty board is to make them travel?

Another problem i'm noticing with bounty board is lack of variation of quest. Kill count shouldn't be only way to encourage people to travel because getting kill count really just makes people passive and make people not care about looking around, and explore. Rather, they will just focus on HUNTING all the way, hence why there are more people just bringing slaving ABs and rangers with 6~ alts and gwing around. This is not something i was expecting from bounty board.

I wanna see something more elaborated. Make several npc throughout the map, make some interesting community driven stories. Use existing map in more clever way. make them travel to juno field 11 to get quest, and make them travel to juno field 08 to finish grand peco counts. and you have to turn them in at castle looking place as an offering to God Oda or something like that.

TL;DR: Warping is not a right way to encourage traveling via npc imo.

Wait, they're warping you to the maps? That wasn't in my original proposal! >:U The heck??

If I had known they were planning to pitch my idea to kRO, I would've gone into more detail in that players were supposed to be able to collect more than 1 monster kill quest from the boards and then travel around to the nearby field maps to do their kills. I had meant for them to be like the RO version of RO2's daily quests. There weren't supposed to be any warping involved; that would've defeated the purpose of encouraging players to travel around!

Bounty Boards were designed to be the Renewal version of the original repeatable EXP quests. There's also supposed to be an item collection half to the Bounty Boards for those who can't kill efficiently, but I guess they either forgot that or chose not to implement it for testing. << Seriously, I thought we were still in discussion about it since Oda and Campitor didn't ask me for details on how the boards would work. I didn't know they had already started pitching it to kRO with their own ideas.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 29 May 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#27 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

We patched this before midnight on the 28th. 

Ah nice, i saw someone talking about it again on maint thread, so i had speculation that it was still present. Thanks for letting us know!

#28 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Wait, they're warping you to the maps? That wasn't in my original proposal! >:U The heck??

If I had known they were planning to pitch my idea to kRO, I would've gone into more detail in that players were supposed to be able to collect more than 1 monster kill quest from the boards and then travel around to the nearby field maps to do their kills. I had meant for them to be like the RO version of RO2's daily quests. There weren't supposed to be any warping involved; that would've defeated the purpose of encouraging players to travel around!

Bounty Boards were designed to be the Renewal version of the original repeatable EXP quests. There's also supposed to be an item collection half to the Bounty Boards for those who can't kill efficiently, but I guess they either forgot that or chose not to implement it for testing. << Seriously, I thought we were still in discussion about it since Oda and Campitor didn't ask me for details on how the boards would work. I didn't know they had already started pitching it to kRO with their own ideas.

I think you might need better understanding of current test npc of bounty board quest. It is not hard for iRO GM to create npc which does similar thing as gramps. So i don't think it was cooperation between iRO and kRO. Its another unique implement that can be self sufficient, and could be maintained by iRO staff. script is already there, so all they have to do is change counts, and change exp rewarding amount. You can already get 4 different kill count quest at once, and turn them in separately, or all together. 

Issue i have with this particular bounty board testing run is that they're warping player to suggested destination. which defeats the purpose of "traveling" And i would thought that your intention was not this.

There are already community formed around kick starter for those quest, and people are looking for party, warps, and even have vendors around there. Which i think is a good thing. I would further push the idea, and have board npc that links you to party finder, and maybe it will become useful if it was offered near populated area for new players, such place like near kick starter npc.

Since item collection might cause people to greed around, and botting, i wouldn't want to encourage that sort of quest again. It is already bad with eden board 56-71, and i think thats enough for those level cycle. 

getting mobster count for good exp is something might be fun if we're commencing LHZ bounty board as well. 

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I think you might need better understanding of current test npc of bounty board quest. It is not hard for iRO GM to create npc which does similar thing as gramps. So i don't think it was cooperation between iRO and kRO. Its another unique implement that can be self sufficient, and could be maintained by iRO staff. script is already there, so all they have to do is change counts, and change exp rewarding amount. You can already get 4 different kill count quest at once, and turn them in separately, or all together.

Okay, at least they got that much from my proposal.

Issue i have with this particular bounty board testing run is that they're warping player to suggested destination. which defeats the purpose of "traveling" And i would thought that your intention was not this.

Yeah, I thought the "ease of access" part of my proposal was enough of a hint that there shouldn't be any warping involved, but I guess that was too subtle or something. <<

There are already community formed around kick starter for those quest, and people are looking for party, warps, and even have vendors around there. Which i think is a good thing. I would further push the idea, and have board npc that links you to party finder, and maybe it will become useful if it was offered near populated area for new players, such place like near kick starter npc.

The boards would be a good way to advertise the party search system, but I'm not quite sure how to fit that in. Maybe have the turn-in NPC say "If you have trouble finding a party, try using the party booking system by typing in '/booking' in your chat box."

Since item collection might cause people to greed around, and botting, i wouldn't want to encourage that sort of quest again. It is already bad with eden board 56-71, and i think thats enough for those level cycle.

Well, the item collection would be VIP-exclusive like how the original repeatable EXP quests was.

getting mobster count for good exp is something might be fun if we're commencing LHZ bounty board as well.

I had considered that, but since mobsters don't appear all that often in Lighthalzen, I wasn't sure if it should be added to the Lighthalzen Bounty Board.

#30 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

I had considered that, but since mobsters don't appear all that often in Lighthalzen, I wasn't sure if it should be added to the Lighthalzen Bounty Board.

I thought that was fun part of it !

#31 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I thought that was fun part of it !

I guess if there was a way to implement bonus EXP kills, that'd be suitable. Have it so the Lighthalzen Bounty Board give you 100k EXP for each Gangster you take out or something. It won't be a kill quest, but more of an achievement bonus.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 29 May 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#32 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Glad that this bounty came off. Also happy for the suggestion thread that the gm's read to make this happen.

unforunantly i suppose my idea was to techy for em

http://forums.warppo...ty#entry1667949

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 29 May 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#33 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

i would prefer if the boards/npc were made available on every/most actual maps itself featuring the mobs that are available on the particular map. Eliminates auto warping by the npc, and ppl can choose a map and quest they're happy to do. you still get to do the quests multiple times until you're sick of a map and move on to the one next door to continue without having people being upset about the distance you have to walk back and forth every time you need to TI or retake quests. kinda like overlook dungeon boards. I liked that kind of system. you still had to walk there yourself but you can happily take the quest kill everything and ti without chging maps.

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Okay, finally got around to testing the Bounty Boards with a party to see what's up. I guess the 150 kill counts are okay, but I'm a little disappointed you accept the quests from an NPC instead of a board. (There's a reason why I called them Bounty BOARDS. << ) You're supposed to accept the quests from a board and turn it in to an NPC. Or at least use the board sprites that are used in Overlook dungeon.

The warping option definitely needs to go ASAP! >:C That completely defeats the purpose of the Bounty Boards! Why would you even add that??

Glad that this bounty came off. Also happy for the suggestion thread that the gm's read to make this happen.

unforunantly i suppose my idea was to techy for em

http://forums.warppo...ty#entry1667949

Well, your idea was limited to GXes, which already have a pretty easy time leveling. Not to mention having that kind of system requires more developer intervention, which I'm pretty sure they're too lazy to want to do. The Bounty Boards, on the other hand, are open to everyone as an alternative to Gramps TIs.

i would prefer if the boards/npc were made available on every/most actual maps itself featuring the mobs that are available on the particular map. Eliminates auto warping by the npc, and ppl can choose a map and quest they're happy to do. you still get to do the quests multiple times until you're sick of a map and move on to the one next door to continue without having people being upset about the distance you have to walk back and forth every time you need to TI or retake quests. kinda like overlook dungeon boards. I liked that kind of system. you still had to walk there yourself but you can happily take the quest kill everything and ti without chging maps.

The original repeatable EXP quests did just that, but they weren't brought back after Renewal for some reason. The Bounty Boards is apparently as close as we're going to get to the original repeatable EXP quests.

I proposed having the boards situated in towns instead so people can use towns as a partying hub to help people form parties easier. It's also safer to turn in while inside towns so you don't get attacked by a randomly spawned monster.

#35 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Yea the begining was but my last post was for all classess to have their type of quests

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Yea the begining was but my last post was for all classess to have their type of quests

What would performer classes have?

#37 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I just read this lol. I've heard about them though. I got the 4 from Juno, are there any other cities that has these Bounty Boards?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Joaco, 03 June 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

I just read this lol. I've heard about them though. I got the 4 from Juno, are there any other cities that has these Bounty Boards?
Thanks in advance!

Not yet. The one in Juno is for testing at the moment, but once things get finalized, it should be expanded to the following towns at least:

Umbala, Juno, Einbroch, Lighthalzen, Hugel, Rachel, Veins, Splendide, Manuk, Mora, El Dicastes, and Eclage

Ideally, I'd like to have them in EVERY town as an alternative to Eden Group, but I dunno if Oda and Campitor would be kosher to that expansion.

#39 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Oh! I see. I hope it expands! It'd be awesome  :D

Thanks a lot for the clarification!

#40 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

Based on what Oda said at Tiki Tuesday, they're looking for more feedback before expanding it and time to actually work on it.

#41 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

I tried Em on my 70 sniper the other day. Got to 94 and then 99 two hours later. in an hr and a half or so. I personally enjoyed these as opposed to the turn in quests from gramps. Doesn't really require a party (waiting times), so I would definitely do it again on another char =)

Regarding warping npc, if it didn't have the option to warp me in, I'd probably just alt something and warp there myself =S

Edited by Braska, 04 June 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Based on what Oda said at Tiki Tuesday, they're looking for more feedback before expanding it and time to actually work on it.

That's good to know. I'd really like to expand it to all towns, but if they'd rather keep it to Level 70+, then I guess there's not much I can do about it.

Bounty board NPCs appearance changed to boards

Yay, progress! :U

Edited by ZeroTigress, 04 June 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#43 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

Regarding warping npc, if it didn't have the option to warp me in, I'd probably just alt something and warp there myself =S

I think the point ZeroTigress is getting at is that the quests should encourage people to actually explore for themselves how to find the monsters and not just get warped there without knowing how to actually find them.

The BB quests are a great idea.  The rewards seem fair.  Basically, have these in every town including new world and expansion towns.  This will mean extra programming, but perhaps giving an option of how many to kill like the old kc quests (50/100/150) would be good.

The next step in testing should be for a high level board to see how well it works for higher leveled characters.  I definitely like this idea better than the gramps tis.  My experience doing the current quests is that it makes the maps crowded at times which can be both a good and a bad thing.

#44 ericcc

ericcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

Bounty board NPCs appearance changed to boards

what is that like what we have on Juno? or from Eden??

#45 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Like in Juno.  I'm assuming he means like those little sign posts.

#46 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

bounty boards for dungeons too :D

#47 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

I think the point ZeroTigress is getting at is that the quests should encourage people to actually explore for themselves how to find the monsters and not just get warped there without knowing how to actually find them.

If people want to warp there themselves, that's fine. (Since you have to manually /memo the map anyhow so there's still traveling involved.) But definitely no to the NPC warping, though.

bounty boards for dungeons too :D

Which dungeons would be desirable to hunt in? The Juno Bounty Board should definitely have Magma Dungeon monsters at some point. Hugel Bounty Board should certainly have Abyss Lake monsters. But yeah, which dungeons would people actually want to hunt in?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 04 June 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#48 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

GH  :rice:

#49 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

by9OGe5.png

Edited by IlliterateGaming, 05 June 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#50 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

kiel dungeon, magma dungeon, sunken ship, hidden dungeon, toy factory, these dungeons among others need bount boards! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users