Rant about AzzyAI and lag (moved) - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rant about AzzyAI and lag (moved)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 grayz

grayz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

This AzzyAI is so horrible. constant DC's not to mention horrendous delay. constant errors on login. always needing to vaporize my homon during the error process just to free myself of these errors so i can move again. very hard to do indeed.

I had also used Azzy's AzzyPing program. followed all the instructions perfectly and guess what happens? my whole internet starts to lag like a mother to the point where it did not fix itself after uninstalling. so yup i had to do a system restore just to free myself of this nightmare. how can you ask for donations in large text like this Azzy when your programming skills are that of a 2 year old. it  should  be fine print like this!!

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 May 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#2 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

Man.. You're such a loser... =/ or obviously you don't know how to configure your system as why you're lagging when using AzzyAI. 

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

First, before anything else, make sure /traceai is OFF. Type /traceai until it says "Do not save homunculus status" 

If traceai is left on (with any AI), it will rapidly lag you to hell (this is a game client bug - it doesn't handle the trace file gracefully as it gets larger). 

On heavily loaded servers, using a homunculus makes you lag worse - because in homun-lag cases, the "trigger" for the lag appears to be how fast the client is sending commands to the server. I suspect (based on how the lag feels and the obvious paralells) that it's the same mechanism as WoE "queue lag". 

I've heard that some maps are getting bad server lag in general this week (as in, bad enough that people with non-homun classes complained about lag on specific map servers), possibly due to activity in LowTI - this could be a contributing factor for you. 

In any event - the homun-induced lag is server-side. If you take it to a lightly loaded server, it shouldn't lag. I don't think I've ever seen the AI produce "local lag" (ie, lag caused by the AI consuming too much CPU time - the symptom of this being that the mouse would move sluggishly or not at all), unless /traceai is enabled (and during testing a few times, when i'd screwed up and let it get into an infinite loop). 

You can make the lag better by enabling the "LagReduction" option if you need to use homun on heavily loaded map - this mode minimizes the rate at which the AI sends commands, in order to minimize the lag it produces. However, this option will reduce performance (particularly while chasing) on lightly loaded maps - because it's not correcting it's path to match that of the monster as often.

Of course, this is all assuming that your lag is only present with the homun out, since you're directing your rant at me. If you're getting the lag all the time, you should head on over to the tech support section, and we'd be happy to help you out on that. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 May 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#4 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Lol, write your own AI then OP?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Ah, here's the thread on really bad server lag this week. http://forums.warppo...enewal-lag-wtf/

Overloaded servers will lag with homun (and if you get server-lag without homun, it'll be brutal with homun out; the same is not true of your normal garden variety network-lag).

#6 Djaytorre

Djaytorre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Nothing good can come from a poster that uses Justin Bieber in his avatar...sorry had to be said :heh:

#7 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

I never heard of /traceai command!  :p_omg:

The thing is, I never experienced serious lag until this week. And I don't know about /traceai until today. Today, I experienced severe lag when my homun is out in all field maps, not just geffen maps. Hasn't been to dungeon yet don't know about orc dungeon. But no noticeable lag in town. I wonder why.

I got disconnected every time when changing field maps with homun out. In field maps, the lag is greatly reduced after homun vaporized.

When I am on my non-gene character, don't really experience lag at all, even in the known most heavily populated low TI where tons of homun afk.

I guess it's all because of the server, not really much we players can do?

Edited by GreenIvy, 31 May 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

This is server lag - use the LagReduction option. The lag is really bad this week - they have too many crowded maps on the same poor zone servers, and the spotlight and TI end up making it much worse. 

The DC while changing maps is caused by network (not server) lag - put your homun into standby before changing maps, or improve your internet connection (via lowerping/wtfast, or network maint - there are a few other threads where I've talked about this in tech support)

#9 avtomamula

avtomamula

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

Ungracious kids.

So you downloaded a free program, made by a volunteer co-player. That 90% of playerbase, and not only on iro, are very gracious of. And you whine and moan due to something gone wrong? Even if it is not your error of wrongsetup, AzzyAI is being constantly developed and improved by trials & errors of each of us, just be glad there is someone like Azzy on the other side who takes your input and does his best to correct an errors.

#10 dnyssei91

dnyssei91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

this is an OOT post  :p_laugh:

i also get this super duper unbearable lag when i do overlook w/ my alche w/ homun and merc out  :p_sick:

at some point i can't even move and just walk back and forth and when i use my crus in overlook guess what? it's not laggy at all *not super duper unbearable* :p_omg:

and i did what azzy says above to turn off /traceai and still no improvement  :p_sad:

it's get better tho when i release my merc  :p_swt:

i wonder if merc and homun out at the same time is the reason of this lag 

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

i wonder if merc and homun out at the same time is the reason of this lag 

Did you enable the "LagReduction" option in AzzyAI? Please make sure it is enabled in BOTH MERC AND HOMUN options. 

That should help, but when the zone servers are lagging - like some are this week - each extra source of commands (merc or homun) will make the lag worse. The LagReduction option helps, but it isn't perfect.

#12 dnyssei91

dnyssei91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Did you enable the "LagReduction" option in AzzyAI? Please make sure it is enabled in BOTH MERC AND HOMUN options. 

That should help, but when the zone servers are lagging - like some are this week - each extra source of commands (merc or homun) will make the lag worse. The LagReduction option helps, but it isn't perfect.

omg i miss that one even tho i read the manual  :p_omg:

ty azzy it much more better now :p_love:  

#13 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

I've only ever used Azzy AI. Been using it for years no real issues till the geffen spotlight. Now I gotta unsummon my mrec and homunculus to move in OD. I know it's isn't the AI.

Looking at the OP I think someone just has beef with Azzy for some reason and is talking out thier rear seeing as they make an account just to make one post then disappears. Everyone here knows when it comes to homunculus AI Azzy is the best programmer.

Edited by tigriss216, 05 June 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#14 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Having witnessed the birth of the homunculus system and also being super lazy, I am grateful beyond reason to Doddler, Miranda, Azzy and their ilk. 

*flicks lighter*

#15 sincoffee

sincoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

hay can u help me i cant find the "LagReduction" is it under extra options or somthing cuz i cant find it in there unless im blind or somthing

#16 sincoffee

sincoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

o wow man im blind i look like 5 times in the othere spots and dident see it untill now

#17 Siegfrid

Siegfrid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

hay can u help me i cant find the "LagReduction" is it under extra options or somthing cuz i cant find it in there unless im blind or somthing

its under BASIC OPTIONS in the Homunculus Tab

#18 sincoffee

sincoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

ya i just tern them on and whent back in to ti and holy crap im not laging at all with my homun out wish i know about this sooner thanks azzy for the info it rilly help

Edited by sincoffee, 25 June 2014 - 05:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users