Top pvpers of each class, ever? - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Top pvpers of each class, ever?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

I'm always amused when these kinds of threads get on my news feed.  I'll take the few minutes to read and I felt I have to respond when newer players accuse the former players of not being able to hack it.

Regardless of gear, OPness, blah blah blah, the new players shouldn't act like the "quitters" didn't once enjoyed this game as they currently are and didn't have fun dissecting the pvp aspect of the game......as deep as it can get without the solution to a pvp tactic being "gotta gear up" because hey, this is a pay-to-win game.  So anyways, players like Apcorphics, have fun with the current the game as the former players had in our day. Don't act like our technique to winning pvp in the grand old days was to face roll on our keyboards........okay some of the older players with the able gear did *coughrebellioncough* 

Now that I see this is pretty much the last server alive, I always wanted to play against the people under da SEA(region).  Who knows, maybe I'll come back, take a few minutes to learn what's different, and beat a couple of you newer players in two player fisticuffs   :Emo_12:  

#27 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

I'm feeling nostalgic so I should actually reply to what this thread is about. 

Lionheart for harlequin and warmage.  Playing with and against him, he really made it feel like those two classes could catch.  Not uber stacked but no matter your gear, you could always recognize skill and he was awesome in teamwork and had great situation awareness.  I will always remember him and I taking on three jerkwads (who were two pathfinders and a warmage) with higher gear and made them qq so bad.

I don't want to make this too drawn out so I'll just name drop old names of people who were like LionHeart: Nillachan, Sheol, ...I forgot the character name but for some strange reason I remember his real name...a ninja named Patrick, Kimimaro, xKrazed, Xandiel, the girl who made old Dragoon strategy thread...her in-game name escapes me...Kiyo was a pvp enthusiast and I enjoyed my time playing with her.....as long as she isn't blaming a loss on her teammates!!!!  There was a newer Grenadier/Howitzer(now?) I saw in this game who was pretty good in bsq.  I think he/she is a known player in the current game. Reading a few posts back I think it was Chartemis.  I hate to admit it, Coolsam knew how to play Overlord.  Oh, and I gotta say I was a pvp enthusiast in my day too =P

More names!  Hawk the genadier, Haku (paladin), Engardi and sx240 (twins), Rim (priest), Miyakozuka ovelord, Rolling Doo paladin.

Edited by necoconeco, 13 June 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#28 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

I'm feeling nostalgic so I should actually reply to what this thread is about. 

Lionheart for harlequin and warmage.  Playing with and against him, he really made it feel like those two classes could catch.  Not uber stacked but no matter your gear, you could always recognize skill and he was awesome in teamwork and had great situation awareness.  I will always remember him and I taking on three jerkwads (who were two pathfinders and a warmage) with higher gear and made them qq so bad.

I don't want to make this too drawn out so I'll just name drop old names of people who were like LionHeart: Nillachan, Sheol, ...I forgot the character name but for some strange reason I remember his real name...a ninja named Patrick, Kimimaro, xKrazed, Xandiel, the girl who made old Dragoon strategy thread...her in-game name escapes me...Kiyo was a pvp enthusiast and I enjoyed my time playing with her.....as long as she isn't blaming a loss on her teammates!!!!  There was a newer Grenadier/Howitzer(now?) I saw in this game who was pretty good in bsq.  I think he/she is a known player in the current game. Reading a few posts back I think it was Chartemis.  I hate to admit it, Coolsam knew how to play Overlord.  Oh, and I gotta say I was a pvp enthusiast in my day too =P

More names!  Hawk the genadier, Haku (paladin), Engardi and sx240 (twins), Rim (priest), Miyakozuka ovelord, Rolling Doo paladin.

Should I immortalize this? Plaque it or something? Just that aint something that happens a lot.... XD Jk thanks man.

#29 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Should I immortalize this? Plaque it or something? Just that aint something that happens a lot.... XD Jk thanks man.

Sam! dance1  

#30 SharpX

SharpX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

NoaEL: Best infiltrator of all time in the US server (most would agree). Possible has one of the best dash dances as well as utilizing diagonal dash to its fullest. Capable of holding his own against lvl 40-50s despite the element damage advantage. Pretty darn fast too.

Yeah this is totally opinionated/biased but meh lols

#31 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

necoconeco was the best pvper of all time (probably still would be if she bothered)
not even being sarcastic

I always wonder about the state of pvp in the game now, but as anyone who's played during the "golden era" will tell you; it will never be the same.

#32 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

This "Golden Era" thing is really iffy for me. I have very low memory of just how far back I can recall.

You can go back to the THQ"ICE time and see big names. Some that were on a few lists. (Though some were Dekard people. So it's harder for some to verify.)

We can go to a time after the WarpPortal switch. Where the servers were merged and more people got to pvp more.

But really, a time after the release of New Origins really was the end of that time. Then Elements changes were what pulled the plug.

#33 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

Meta game is different now you can't classify the best pvpers of the past to the best pvpers of the present they are in their own group. Old players choose to quit because they have better things to do with their time or they don't wanna bother getting use to the new meta. You can't just assume that just because they were veterans in day one they will be better than the current players now. If the players are equally geared and skilled it all comes down to how gifted they are you can hone your skills but you can't train your reflexes.

Edited by ohsnap, 18 June 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#34 wyverlord

wyverlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHarvest Moon 64 Farm
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Why wasn't i on this list ;(

#35 tZerot

tZerot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Aren't we forgetting something important?  A lot of ppl quit because the pvp rooms are empty...that is unless u 'like' waiting for hours on end for just one match.  I also agree with the fact that a lot of ppl have simply moved on (other mmo's, careers, etc.).

I know of few pvpers that I've battled that are highly skilled but not 'stacked' and not well known either, however I only intend to name one. 

Emerald

#36 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Easiest way to find a PVP room: Trade chat.

I write; "77+ for PvP" and I typically get responses in the busier times of day in game. Same goes for BattleSquare. Just wrote; "Anyone going 81-85 BSQ?" And people joined.

Nowadays you gotta ask around instead of waiting in empty PvP rooms.

#37 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

Another interesting question.

Would you be able to survive if you were locked in a pvp room with _____.

Why or why not?

#38 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

Another interesting question.

Would you be able to survive if you were locked in a pvp room with _____.

Why or why not?

Doesn't matter if I can or can't win....just as long as someone's in the mood to PvP. You can lock me in a free-for-all with 9 members of Paradox (A guild that actually can make most spots on a list here) and have them all out for blood and It'd be a fun time for me.

#39 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

You're all bad. I'm the best.

PS. Nilla stop playing LoL you suck.

#40 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

these "rookies" you refer to have had years of pvp experience compared to your quick grind up and stack up characters. 

i doubt anyone of you would survive. that's just the truth.

as far as listing your credentials and implication that "growing up" has caused you to stop playing, well, truth be told, everyone has their own reasons. but the fact of the matter is, you claim you've stopped playing, yet you are still patrolling a pvp thread on a game you've quit.

but let's not head into that direction. As of now, the best pvpers in the game is very obvious. 

it may or may not change drastically throughout the years with the new influx of international players joining the fray, we'll see.

You're talking to a paladin who could lock down an entire channel during a full Emporia match.

#41 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

With Mercs, of course.

A full island has no meaning unless they are all stacked players. Everyone else is just food. I believe you would be in the latter.

#42 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

With Mercs, of course.

A full island has no meaning unless they are all stacked players. Everyone else is just food. I believe you would be in the latter.

If we're talking Emporia war, then that immediately falls under group skill. I recall Miname wasn't "food" for the core chance bar at the time that he played. Of course with the high demand of resistances, twins/invokers/summoners/archers with 6*'s attacks, and the fact that you need godly stats just to live long enough to island hop, I don't wanna consider Emporia War for anything on this list.

And mercs aren't a bad thing, I recall the first defenses pulled by guilds such as BadTouch and Ascension had some merc help. Mercenaries are there to allow the guildless or those without guilds to participate for fun.

And even a 10-man island can lock down the strongest player with the right skill. Up until he island hops. Basically I'd never jump into a 10-man island unless I was defending.

#43 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

whoever spends the most wins the most. #pay2win

Edited by ohsnap, 07 July 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#44 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

With Mercs, of course.

I seem to recall a very specific defense match between Soul and Rebellion. Odyssea, Tomo, Rim, and Nilla had the channel 1 dragon on full lock-down for the entirety of the match.

Edited by Miname, 07 July 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#45 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

I seem to recall a very specific defense match between Soul and Rebellion. Odyssea, Tomo, Rim, and Nilla had the channel 1 dragon on full lock-down for the entirety of the match.

Well Duh, it's Ody, Tomo, Rimmy, and Nilla. That's like the A-team of Dragon Saga.

#46 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

Now you can lock down one channel in defense with 1-2 ppl. :3

#47 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

Embellished Castle Wars
The only guild I can say that truely achieved something in attacking is Paradox
who can blast through Era's Castle Defense with 5-7 players without mercs vs Era's 20+ defenders while all other guilds need help from other guilds usually an alliance of some sort or paradox mercs for them.
Paradox was the one guild that ended Era's 2 month castle streak.
#2013-14

Edited by Apocryphos, 08 July 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#48 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Embellished Castle Wars
The only guild I can say that truely achieved something in attacking is Paradox
who can blast through Era's Castle Defense with 5-7 players without mercs vs Era's 20+ defenders while all other guilds need help from other guilds usually an alliance of some sort or paradox mercs for them.
Paradox was the one guild that ended Era's 2 month castle streak.
#2013-14

Era's castle win streak in part is due to almost none of the old stacked are around anymore. Some of us still remember the days when Empire,Asc,Soul/BT/Moonrock,Finale, WTC were still active and defending was only succeeded twice ever and that Asc 1* vs donuts and iirc 2* vs Empire and those were both full out 20 v 20s.

The castles have been taken plenty of times by <5 stacked players even with the odds against them.

#49 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

True that!+1 Rep stories of the past always intrigue me to no end. who would've though a 20 vs 20 castle defense war would have succeeded in defending back in the old days.
When stacked meant 90% reduction useful pdd/mdd and evade/block rates at 70%,uncapped CD and no nerfed paladins/ninjas  ~Love the old days <3

Now stacked means resist with 50% at 4*'s, with additional 6*'s for higher damage, and massive x spam. ~Damn nerf's
iirc 1 ninja was enough to down a dragon. Defending was always a feat.

Clearly I see some underlying reasons why some of the old stacked players aren't around anymore. 

#50 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

No one tries to defend now :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users