xWondertje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Hey everyone, I'm quite new to this server! I've played here before - about two years ago -, but I was only active for about a week (or less) and was probably around level 30 when I quit. So in practice I guess I'm brand new! I come with much experience from a range of different ROSE servers though, so I'm not brand new to the game itself. I do however, notice plenty of differences between the system on this server and what I'm normally used to - which is why I'm here asking some questions.

1. I saw on the forum that CHARM has been changed to add to buffs/heals, so for clerics it's now an important stat. Now, I come from servers where the only rule for clerics was "add INT until your fingers drop of from spamming the button so much", then maybe some STR for the Vivor Shield. Seeing as I'm aiming to make a full support cleric, am I going for both INT and CHA then - if yes, which one do I add first and which one has the biggest effect on my buffs? As far as I can tell from reading the forum, CHA seems to add more to the buffs, but whilst leveling CHA doesn't add anything to AP/DEF/OtherStat - so is it better to go for a 2:1 CHA/INT to begin with, or just aim for full CHA? :o

2. I come from a rather classical history of ROSE where buffs came in 6 normal skills + some party skills and a few healing options - it was super easy to figure out which skills to add and when. Now that I reached level 10 and got my muse skill tree I got very confused. Here you seem to have very different skills in many ways, and also different names for them. As an example: on classic iRose (and others) the 3 first muse buffs were Haste/Sprint, Attack Up and Accuracy Up. Here I can find Wallop Charm (=ATK Up) and Precision Charm (=ACC Up) but no Haste/Sprint?

Also;

* Does the skill tree update with more skills once I add them, or when I become a cleric?

* Do I not need to buy skill books here? The skills appear to have a little + next to them, does that just add them?

* Can I remove them once added/increased, or is there some kind of skill reset option?

3. Is B3 Farming something that's happening here? Is it worth it? I usually have a B3 Farmer to start with wherever I go, but if B3 isn't a thing here - where do I take it to farm?

Thanks for helping a newbie out with this rather confusing adaption to Evo-style server coming from years of classic iRose :)

Edited by xWondertje, 14 June 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#2 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

Hey everyone, I'm quite new to this server! I've played here before - about two years ago -, but I was only active for about a week (or less) and was probably around level 30 when I quit. So in practice I guess I'm brand new! I come with much experience from a range of different ROSE servers though, so I'm not brand new to the game itself. I do however, notice plenty of differences between the system on this server and what I'm normally used to - which is why I'm here asking some questions.

1. I saw on the forum that CHARM has been changed to add to buffs/heals, so for clerics it's now an important stat. Now, I come from servers where the only rule for clerics was "add INT until your fingers drop of from spamming the button so much", then maybe some STR for the Vivor Shield. Seeing as I'm aiming to make a full support cleric, am I going for both INT and CHA then - if yes, which one do I add first and which one has the biggest effect on my buffs? As far as I can tell from reading the forum, CHA seems to add more to the buffs, but whilst leveling CHA doesn't add anything to AP/DEF/OtherStat - so is it better to go for a 2:1 CHA/INT to begin with, or just aim for full CHA? :o

2. I come from a rather classical history of ROSE where buffs came in 6 normal skills + some party skills and a few healing options - it was super easy to figure out which skills to add and when. Now that I reached level 10 and got my muse skill tree I got very confused. Here you seem to have very different skills in many ways, and also different names for them. As an example: on classic iRose (and others) the 3 first muse buffs were Haste/Sprint, Attack Up and Accuracy Up. Here I can find Wallop Charm (=ATK Up) and Precision Charm (=ACC Up) but no Haste/Sprint?

Also;

* Does the skill tree update with more skills once I add them, or when I become a cleric?

* Do I not need to buy skill books here? The skills appear to have a little + next to them, does that just add them?

* Can I remove them once added/increased, or is there some kind of skill reset option?

3. Is B3 Farming something that's happening here? Is it worth it? I usually have a B3 Farmer to start with wherever I go, but if B3 isn't a thing here - where do I take it to farm?

Thanks for helping a newbie out with this rather confusing adaption to Evo-style server coming from years of classic iRose :)

Here's what I can answer :).
1. CHA now affects buffs and heals and it's the main stat considering you're an FS.

Full support cleric will have max charm (400) and 279 Int at Lv.230 to make the best use out of charm & int.

How I leveled my FS was, getting AoE in the offensive skill tree to level with an offensive mage build until you hit lv.160 for example, or even higher. Then you can use your free reset from Mayor Darren in city of Junon polis to reset your stats/ skills to be a full support cleric.

Short version is: Learn 6 AoEs to level, change your job to cleric at lv.100 and keep leveling until you wanna become support cleric.

- You have 6 buffs in Supportive Tree; The other 6 buffs will be in Cleric Tree.

- Just use your skill point to upgrade your skills using that little + :)

- Yes, there are some ways to reset your skills/ stats.

a) You have a free reset for stats AND skills at Mayor Darren (Center of City of Junon Plis) available as soon as you hit level 50. -> 1 stats reset and 1 skills reset (Only once)

B) Purchase Stats/ Skills Reset Book from Item Mall or from other vendors/ players in Junon.

c) 24-hour resets once there're skills changes in a patch! (Not available at the moment.)

Note: Skills and Stats reset will reset every skill/ stat point and return everything, while Unique Skill Reset will erase your skills and return nothing (You will have to get new unique books).

3) I don't know what B3 is ^^.

But if you mean a Bourgeois then yes, people use bourg to farm too.

To farm mats, medals, usually use a bourgeois.

To farm rare weapons/ accessories/ medals, also use Battle clerics thanks to their Good magic damage, speed & tankiness.

To farm epics (Lv.200 unique weapons) people tend to use Katar Raider (Knuckle) or 2H/ Spear champ; Also Gunbourg or Dual Raider (Dual Weilder?) :)

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 14 June 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#3 xWondertje

xWondertje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Thank you very much for that answer! I think I got it a bit more covered now :)

B3 is Goblin Cave level 3, usually in iRose you can farm for refines and quite nice low level gear + mats for crafting there.

But I was wondering if it was the same here. So I'm more wonder, where to farm - which maps and which mobs are the places to be on this server? :)

#4 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Stats and skills only cost their respective points. We now have some unique skills that you can buy from shops or other players (players get them from dungeon drops), and some skill books drop from ghosts. These books are also sold in the item mall. You can browse them in the item mail tip see what they are all about, and do m notice the different skill point cost to learning these unique skills. Just click the little plus sign to increase skills or stats. But this is a permanent increase unless you use a reset.

Party buffs do not cost any skill points to learn

You will get one more tab of skills once you do a job change, available at level 100.

B3 in both goblin cave and oblivion temple are nice places to farm. You can also farm in desert of the dead. At higher levels, ruins can be OK for farming chems. Prison used to be nice for farming, but they changed it so that it is damn hard to even stay alive long enough to loot anything.

Welcome back.

Psst, hope you are coming to Draco since we have an event coming up. More details are in a pinned thread in the community chat section.

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hi Jackie! I see you found your way here too :P  Which server are you on?  Add me ingame if you are on Draconis, Ign is HoneyBuns (spelled correctly)  I had to add this z here at the forum since there is apparently another HoneyBuns with a warpportal account lol

As Nifa said, you will get another skill tab when you finish the second job quest.  Speed buff is a cleric skill so take advantage of the Choropy mount while you can. You only have it for about 2 weeks from the day you first entered the world. At level 50 you will get a big chicken mount for a month. You can also do the cart quest and get the driving skill at level 50. The quest is easier here and if you get a backseat for your cart, you can move both characters at the same time. The "request ride" skill is already there in your basic skill tab.

Skills here are maxed at level 5, so for a fs cleric you can max those first 6 charms as well as the chants (which are the party version of the buffs) as a muse.  Then other than bonfire and heal/cure, I saved my points until I was a cleric. That way I was able to almost max the other 6 (cleric) buffs right away. 

As for farming, refines drop on every map including Adv Plains so Goblin Cave doesn't seem to be as big of a deal here. So far the farmable items that are the most valuable are the accessories. Jewelry pcs have base stats and can also be slotted and those items always sell for a good price. We haven't been worried as much about farming as we have just been leveling but I know one guy in the clan farmed his lvl 120 charm jewelry set in Luna.

Here is a link to the wiki. http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page  There is a lot of information in it. This forum is a bit difficult to use as it is but they are talking about adding a newbie section and that will definitely help us newbies :P

#6 xWondertje

xWondertje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Thanks guys for the replies! I'm currently playing on Draconis, and I'm currently dual clienting my cleric-to-be with my bourg-to-be. It's working out pretty well, though it's quite confusing and a lot to get used to.

Thanks for the Wiki link Honey, that's mighty helpful! :D

I'll take some time reading it tomorrow for sure :)

Is there an item-list on the wiki? Sort of like what Vault was for titan, or Guru for RuFF? Can't seem to find anything like it, I'll sure miss that :(

EDIT: I did find my way to some item lists - just wasn't looking closely enough, that's nice at least :)

Edited by xWondertje, 14 June 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#7 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

http://rose.kuro-tejina.com/

This is the most used one right now, but it hasn't been updated in a very long time. Some drops no longer drop, and many of the spawn times are incorrect.

http://www.calderonline.com/rose2/

This is a newer one, but I haven't perused it enough to see how comprehensive it is compared with the Rose Comp up above.

#8 xWondertje

xWondertje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

Oh, that's great! Thanks :)

Today I'll take some time to get into it a bit and then I guess it's all about playing and getting used to it  :happy:

Edited by xWondertje, 15 June 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#9 HermyoneBr

HermyoneBr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrasil - Santa Catarina

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Hello,  :happy:

I wonder what maximum status cleric with the items, my cleric is support 230, which items should I use to get the maximum for buffs. I'm coming back to play kinda lost with the move to charm cleric.

Thank you :D

Edited by HermyoneBr, 29 June 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#10 100002969028758

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Olá,  :happy:

Eu me pergunto o clérigo estado máximo com os itens, meu clérigo é o suporte 230, quais itens devo usar para obter o máximo de buffs. 

Obrigado :D

acessa ai ^^ http://forums.warppo...s-v496-updated/

#11 HermyoneBr

HermyoneBr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Thank you :)

#12 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hello,  :happy:

I wonder what maximum status cleric with the items, my cleric is support 230, which items should I use to get the maximum for buffs. 

Thank you :D

- Base CHA = 400 & Base INT = 279

- Beautiful Ring & Earring with B7 (22 + 30) x2 = 104

- Hiria Tear with B7 (60 + 30) = 90

- Heart Frame Glas (60 + 30) = 90

- Shamrock hat (40 + 30) = 70

- Summer Backpack (20 + 30) = 50

- Legendary Amazing Brush B7 = 30

- Servant Uniform B7 (30 + 30) = 60

- Tutankhamun Mammy/ Mummy Doll (40 + 30) = 70

- Moldie Inner Tube (30 + 30) = 60

- Yellow Rubber Boot (30 + 30) = 60

Total: 1084 CHA & 362 INT

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 29 June 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#13 HermyoneBr

HermyoneBr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Thank you so much thetrangdamvn, helped me a lot :D 

#14 Fartlek

Fartlek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Dont think you can put a B7 in your mask.  But othe than that it looks pretty solid.

#15 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Dont think you can put a B7 in your mask.  But othe than that it looks pretty solid.

Thanks for your correction. I was typing when I just woke up loooooooooooool. :heh:
 (I edited my upper post.)

#16 xWondertje

xWondertje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for those updates, I'm still low level so it will take awhile to get there - but I'm aiming for a FS Buff Slave when my cleric is finished :)

#17 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

Add charm set that every FS can have without spending too much money.

Base CHA: 400

Base INT: 279

Knowledge's Training: 25 INT (Passive)

1) Ring & Earring: Twinkling Ring & Earring: 11 x 2 = 22 cha <NPC in Luna>

2) Necklace: Hiria's Tear: 60 cha/ 40 int <Quest at lv210 from Queen Alanna in Muris>

3) Hat: Leprechaun's Hat: 35 cha <Event>

4) Chest: Any crafted chest with 30 cha

5) Back: Any crafted back items with 30 cha

6) Gloves: Any crafted gloves with 30 cha

7) Shoes: Any crafted shoes with 30 cha

8) Off-hand: Tutankhamun's Mammy/ Mummy doll: 40 cha base <Hall of Oblivion Dungeon>

Any crafted recreational or magic tool with 30 cha.

9) Glasses:

Charming glasses (40 cha base) (craftable)

Style Sunglasses (50 cha base) (craftable)

Heart Frame Glasses (60 cha base)  (Event)

10) Weapon: Any crafted wand with 30 cha: For example Apprentice's Wand 30 cha

Total: Should be able to have at least 750+ charm & 344+ INT (Enough to hold any wand)

Those craftable items would cost just a bit & easy to obtain from any crafters or Junon's market.

#18 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

Add charm set that every FS can have without spending too much money.

Base CHA: 400

Base INT: 279

Knowledge's Training: 25 INT (Passive)

1) Ring & Earring: Twinkling Ring & Earring: 11 x 2 = 22 cha <NPC in Luna>

2) Necklace: Hiria's Tear: 60 cha/ 40 int <Quest at lv210 from Queen Alanna in Muris>

3) Hat: Leprechaun's Hat: 35 cha <Event>

4) Chest: Any crafted chest with 30 cha

5) Back: Any crafted back items with 30 cha

6) Gloves: Any crafted gloves with 30 cha

7) Shoes: Any crafted shoes with 30 cha

8) Off-hand: Tutankhamun's Mammy/ Mummy doll: 40 cha base <Hall of Oblivion Dungeon>

Any crafted recreational or magic tool with 30 cha.

9) Glasses:

Charming glasses (40 cha base) (craftable)

Style Sunglasses (50 cha base) (craftable)

10) Weapon: Any crafted wand with 30 cha: For example Apprentice's Wand 30 cha

Total: Should be able to have at least 750+ charm & 344+ INT (Enough to hold any wand)

Those craftable items would cost just a bit & easy to obtain from any crafters or Junon's market.

Actually, this can be replaced with a Moldie innertube. These are gotten by talking to Judith on Sunshine Coast, then killing Cannies and Baggies on the beach, and picking up trash. Once you have enough, you can exchange them for an innertube at Judith. They come in both pink and blue.

#19 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

9) Glasses:

Keep in mind that these glasses are no longer [Event] status and won't be able to be rerolled at some later time (if you feel like wasting reroll hammers) unless they already have a substat. <Easy to get ripped off for these glasses>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users