Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 6/18/2014! More variety. - Page 2 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 6/18/2014! More variety.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

what yuiroj said. i sometimes just open the market and the game closes itself, or if i talk to an npc, or open inventory. its not an issue that occurs everytime i do it but when game decides its had enough it just closes on me randomly.

#27 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

what yuiroj said. i sometimes just open the market and the game closes itself, or if i talk to an npc, or open inventory. its not an issue that occurs everytime i do it but when game decides its had enough it just closes on me randomly.

Is it ever on the same map? It is after so many hours or minutes of playing? More information if you please.

#28 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

random crashes occur when initiating things. i thought we were strictly talking about bugged maps.

i've crashed when initiating dungeon entry.

i've crashed entering/leaving market.

i've crashed pressing tab to insert password at login.

i've crashed at map changes in dungeons.

i've crashed when trading.

#29 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

I crash when I leave EW,Com Dungeon, and occasionally one of the PvP rooms.

#30 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationAssindia, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

Is it ever on the same map? It is after so many hours or minutes of playing? More information if you please.

There are no more informations about this. It's purely random. 

As I already stated, it seems that the client gets wrong/corrupted/unexpected data from the server.

That's why the symptoms are the same as a not fully patched game client.

The client sometimes just don't understand the answers and requests coming from the server.

A small journey into technical deepness:

If the game uses UDP protocol for data transfer it can be, that the data from the server gets corrupted on the way until the client gets the data, because UDP data are not checked for errors or corrupted data itself. The check must be done by the game client and I don't know how "good" this check is in DragonSaga.

If the game uses TCP protocol for data transfer it seems that the server gives completely wrong or corrupted answers/requests to the client, because TCP does error correction itself. The corruption must already occur on server side then.

Edited by yurioj75, 24 June 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#31 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

i sometimes just open the market and the game closes itself, or if i talk to an npc, or open inventory.

This.

i've crashed when initiating dungeon entry.

i've crashed entering/leaving market.

i've crashed pressing tab to insert password at login.

i've crashed at map changes in dungeons.

i've crashed when trading.

This.

I crash when I leave EW,Com Dungeon, and occasionally one of the PvP rooms.

This.

- puffing to Pow East/West/Center

- several hidden scroll maps (the one Woodsmen Paul drops and more)

- Kazeura

- Dangerous Caverns

- Pamir Sanctuary

- Lavalon Dungeon/Aram Dungeon

and occasionally on every single map just randomly.

This and many many many more often at all possible spots on the game.

It is completely random, no time and no date and nothing what you do indicates the next crash. It just happens, all the time.

And since last server maint it is happening to me more and more day by day. And not just to me, to about every single one of my friends in game too.

All I can say for sure is: The problem is getting annoying and for sure started for everybody of my friends and me in that amount directly after last maint.

#32 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the information. 

I informed the producer of these issues.

#33 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:44 AM

Can you please check the following maps on channel 3?

All of those seem to have the same issue with mission map entrance as the pufftower in Libra had.......just the loading bar filling up and game doing nothing.

-Bear Claw Mine

- Dragon Valley

And I noticed something strange in Akia Cave on channel 2 just a minute ago. Some of the party members I was in with got warped randomly back to the starting point of the cave (inside the cave). This happened to nearly all party members and it's getting annoying. Cause it started to happen over and over again always  to one of the party members . 

Maybe those areas need some kind of restart too?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 25 June 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#34 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

I checked both Bear Claw Mine and Dragon Valley on channel with no such issue on channel 3.

I'll need to look into Akia Cave a bit more but that's odd how I'm not experiencing the channel 3 Puff tower issues but you are.

#35 TheCristall

TheCristall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

I experiend another "bug":

me and 2 other were in virgo boss room (f6) and when the starter pressed f3 to start stage 10 both of my friends were kicked out of f6 and they were in port of the winds but i stayed alone in f6. they were kicked out at the exact same moment and when stage 10 started the amount of enemies were like i was alone.

#36 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

I checked both Bear Claw Mine and Dragon Valley on channel with no such issue on channel 3.

I'll need to look into Akia Cave a bit more but that's odd how I'm not experiencing the channel 3 Puff tower issues but you are.

Sorry, if this sound rude, but you can check and check and check - and don't get this problem for an hour... and then BANG - different problems can occur - the game hangs or freezes - crashes to desktop - you will be relocated to a random position - loading bar fills up and game freezes - and other strange things happen, when

- going through a portal to another map

- going through a portal to enter mission map

- using the puff tower

- map changes within a mission run

Long story short: At EVERY map change of any kind this issues can occur.

As I stated more than once: "randomly" and "sporadically"...

This is definitely an issue since the last maint'. 

#37 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

Sorry, if this sound rude, but you can check and check and check - and don't get this problem for an hour... and then BANG - different problems can occur - the game hangs or freezes - crashes to desktop - you will be relocated to a random position - loading bar fills up and game freezes - and other strange things happen, when

- going through a portal to another map

- going through a portal to enter mission map

- using the puff tower

- map changes within a mission run

Long story short: At EVERY map change of any kind this issues can occur.

As I stated more than once: "randomly" and "sporadically"...

This is definitely an issue since the last maint'. 

It's been an issue for a long time, but they can never replicate it so It never gets fixed.

#38 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

It's been an issue for a long time, but they can never replicate it so It never gets fixed.

Not this issue, StormHaven, trust me.

The issue you mean is the Memory Leak problem. I know about this, and for my 64-bit OS I have a really good workaround for that problem you mean.

That is definitely not the problem here. This problem occurs since the last maint'. It may be that "sporadically" is the wrong word. It's not that sporadically the memory leak problem is. It occurs more often.

The exception log files look also different.

Really.

Here some technical things:

When you investigate the crash dump of the "normal" memory leak problem, you get the crash here:

oldcrash.jpg

You can see the ecx register is 0x0000000 and the 'mov' opcode tries to load something from this address.

But from an adress 0x0 can't be loaded. So you get an error code 0xc0000005 (access violation reading memory at 0x0).

The 0x0 address will be get, when a block of memory is requested and can't be given (due to out of memory error).

This could be caused by a memory leak.

The current problem is at another location:

newcrash.jpg

It tries to call an address from the eax register, where no code is located at all (somewhere at 0x69a81000, there is no code at all).

This are two completely different problems. But since there is not debug information in a release of a program, I can't see what the problem could be, because I don't know what the code does at this point.

So enough technical journey.

And no worries, no one can do anything with this disassembled piece of code.

Edited by yurioj75, 25 June 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#39 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Not this issue, StormHaven, trust me.

The issue you mean is the Memory Leak problem. I know about this, and for my 64-bit OS I have a really good workaround for that problem you mean.

That is definitely not the problem here. This problem occurs since the last maint'. It may be that "sporadically" is the wrong word. It's not that sporadically the memory leak problem is. It occurs more often.

The exception log files look also different.

Really.

No I mean the crashing issue, you go through tech section,general chat ask around older players ingame, the crashing randomly issue has been around for ages. I've crashed out of
every single pvp after I leave the room ever since Galaxia,
I get abnormal client using certain skills in pvp.
Afk in Town I've crashed out
Warping into Elga crash
Going into market crashed
Minimizing the game crash/auto close.

These mainly only happen to my clients after a couple months after installing them.( I've got 4or 5 different installs of DS because of patching issues that used to plague the game)

The only thing I've ever been able to connect the crashes is the older your client is the more often it seems to happen.

I've had fresh installed clients never get this issue for months, then I have my main client(Which is been installed for years now) which gets the issues constantly.

Edited by StormHaven, 25 June 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#40 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

As you can see in my edited post, the problem at the moment is definitely not the same.

But, StormHaven, you are right, the client is sort of annoying and stubborn.  :heh:

Edited by yurioj75, 25 June 2014 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users