Suggestion To Help New Players - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion To Help New Players

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

One of the most difficult things for new players is knowing where to go next. Rose starts off fine in that respect. You begin your journey in Adv Plains, then move on to Luxem and then Zant. It's pretty straight forward and there is really only one way to go. Monsters' levels increase as you move towards Zant, which is what you want.

From Zant on, things get a bit blurred. There are always a few different map options and there is no clearly defined path for progression. One of the best features of Rose is the fact that you are not locked into playing one way but people still need some guidance. This is true even for players like my friends and I because the monsters here are often on different maps than they were at our old server and also they are at different levels.

So my suggestion is simple. Whenever you enter a map, the name of the area is shown for a few seconds. Part one of my suggestion is to put the level range of the mobs under the name of the area like this

Level_Info_On_Map.jpg

The second part of my suggestion is to also put the mob lvl info on the world map for each map on each planet. That way players can easily see where they should go next based on their current level
Lvl_Info_World_Mapmini.jpg

This may seem useless to seasoned players here, but it will be invaluable for new players now as well as in the future. These ss were taken from my old server. Apologies for that but it was better than me attempting to use Paint to illustrate this and butchering it because I suck at artistic things other than cookies :P

#2 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

:thumb:

#3 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Love the idea, i remember, back in days i was always dragging a teleticket with me arround since it indicates the lvl of an area :P

#4 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

I like it! :ok:

#5 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

The progression quests will take all the way to Junon Polis, and to around level 50. This idea is a good one though.

#6 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

+ 1 from me, seems very good idea to help new players and probely not that hard to make.

#7 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

I would also love to see a mentoring system - like there are many players that love helping newbies but the usually stop doing it because the amount of new players is not very high and after adventures plains the new players get lost in the big world of Rose. If anyone wants to help me working out a good suggestion for "mentoring" system for rose pm me! thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users