Anniversary Quest Botting? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anniversary Quest Botting?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Noticed multiple bots on a lot of the Ant maps. While I agree the quest is tedious, annoying and the 2nd tier bugs aren't even normalized for classic STILL. It's disgusting to see said bots while nothing being done about them, ESPECIALLY the ones in town with Red Beret's already who wont be caught now that they have their item. Because I can hunt for maybe a hour or two just to earn barely earn a few hundred points a day, while this PoS can just bot it for 15 hours and collect it in little over 1-2 days?

So are you guys going to prevent this crap? Or is cheating fair game on this server now, if so I have a LOT of catching up to do.

#2 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

Report the bots that's what you can do, don't start another rant like "Dear WP staff" thread....

#3 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Already reported each one and nothing was done. Hardly a rant.

#4 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

It's WP, it's miracle if you report then got handled in 1 day, even 1 week. And you can repeat the reports if you see same suspects for long time as long you still track them like today SS vs last week SS...

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

It's WP, it's miracle if you report then got handled in 1 day, even 1 week. And you can repeat the reports if you see same suspects for long time as long you still track them like today SS vs last week SS...

Right, because they're going to bot after they got their hat

#6 Juenmah1

Juenmah1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationU.S.A New York
  • Server:Renewals Classic

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Right, because they're going to bot after they got their hat

indeed

#7 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Be patient. It's not like they have a hundred men working on the tickets. It's absolutely the opposite. There's a lot of tickets coming in everyday, while there's only a skeleton crew to handle them all. Do other things for now.

#8 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

Well, of course it's impossible to catch every bot. But this situation was soooo predictable. You can just sit on those maps and catch bots. 

#9 sagelliv

sagelliv

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

Make all can bot.. It will make balance for whos playing 16hours online.this is realy unfair playing hard but them becoming rich player without staying 24hours in thier ragnarok.

#10 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

Normal thingy, nothing new.

#11 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Are you able to use that replay feature? I think it records a video. I'm really not sure though. I mean it would be interesting for gm's to see a video of what you do at the ant places and they see all the bots and their names.

Also doesn't reporting each person would have to do minimizing the game then going to the site. Which takes oh I don't know a while. So a person would be wasting their hours just in reporting and didn't really played the game.

Edited by LordKeith, 18 June 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#12 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

The replay is actually encouraged by the GM team for reporting, since it shows them in the act, and EXACTLY how they behave. It makes investigation take less time. And reporting doesn't really take all that much time, if you have decent connection when you are reporting it. I find if you play in full screen mode, then it takes a bit of time to tab out of it, then back to it. I personally play in window mode, so I can tab out and back within seconds. Every time I tab to the browser when reporting, I click the link I need, then tab back to RO for a few moments, then repeat until I can submit my ticket. Doesn't really waste time. Heck, you can even bookmark the support page so that it takes even less time(I always end up going to warpportal.com then clicking support since I'm able to go back to RO and do whatever I need to in the load time).

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

If only classic had replay~

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Make all can bot.. It will make balance for whos playing 16hours online.this is realy unfair playing hard but them becoming rich player without staying 24hours in thier ragnarok.

you should be banned from the game and forums just for this remark alone

#15 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Cookbook, Badges, and Invasion plans have become account bound.

Item Rewards can no longer be sold for zeny (this wasn't happening as far as we can tell but would be the next step in abuse).

Any vendor with more than 100 of any of the anniversary quest items had those items moved from cart to inventory. If we missed anyone please let us know and we will take care of them.

Next week more Anniversary Quest Content will be added as well as some MVP level monsters and a special bonus any Red Beret upgraded to +9 or higher.

#16 sagelliv

sagelliv

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

Im just saying my opinion. If all can bot no one complain. U wil ban me becouse just said that. Ok ban me. Ijust think but i didnt cheat.

#17 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

Im just saying my opinion. If all can bot no one complain. U wil ban me becouse just said that. Ok ban me. Ijust think but i didnt cheat.

botting isnt about just leveling or quest item gathering.. it DESTROYS the economy... do you want to be paying billions for gear that costs millions now and only getting hundreds for items that cost thousands? cuz thats exactly what will happen... botting only widens the gap between the rich and the poor...

#18 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

We won't suspend you for saying that botting should be okay. It isn't but you are allowed to express an opinion. However if you told us "I bot all the time I think it is awesome" then we would have an issue.

#19 FUEGOECK

FUEGOECK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1662 posts
  • LocationTijuana [HECHO EN MEXICO]
  • Server:Valkyrie Server

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

u have to get used to bots i c a guy whit a SS whit like 7 of those i dont think he can get that whit out boting..
in this server boting is always a "idcare" topic reporting dosnt work even when u send SS they ask for more proof
u can send tickets when bots respond "im not a bot" old school ones and they repply is nor enogh proof so they want a video???
also theres not only the point of single bots we have "Partys Bots" in this server wish comes whit ABS and everything lol kinda funny how it works they even have looter xD hope ur treat can help GM's Start to care about bots and punish/ban bots..

#20 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Cookbook, Badges, and Invasion plans have become account bound.

Item Rewards can no longer be sold for zeny (this wasn't happening as far as we can tell but would be the next step in abuse).

Any vendor with more than 100 of any of the anniversary quest items had those items moved from cart to inventory. If we missed anyone please let us know and we will take care of them.

Next week more Anniversary Quest Content will be added as well as some MVP level monsters and a special bonus any Red Beret upgraded to +9 or higher.

That's some awesome news.

#21 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Also to put it there. I have seen couple of guild members were botting at payton forest I was disgusted you know.

botting isnt about just leveling or quest item gathering.. it DESTROYS the economy... do you want to be paying billions for gear that costs millions now and only getting hundreds for items that cost thousands? cuz thats exactly what will happen... botting only widens the gap between the rich and the poor...

Indeed you are correct sir. Botting on tibia destroyed the economy and other games as well... Now I return to tibia. And everything has really changed for the worst just to make sure there's no botting there.

Blizzard doesn't like botters as well. However it's ok to have 5 world of warcraft programs at once using every different character just to play the game. meaning they made it ok to use third party programs.

But world of warcraft is well everyone is almost rich there and most every item is cheap or not cheap.

We won't suspend you for saying that botting should be okay. It isn't but you are allowed to express an opinion. However if you told us "I bot all the time I think it is awesome" then we would have an issue.

Well there was this one time when I use to play all day and night, with out sleep. I was picking everything up and killing everything with out resting or stretching my back and I felt that I was a bot.

Edited by LordKeith, 18 June 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#22 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Well there was this one time when I use to play all day and night, with out sleep. I was picking everything up and killing everything with out resting or stretching my back and I felt that I was a bot.

Sounds like how it used to be, when 2x EXP events were super rare, and they usually only lasted long weekends...my friends and I did most of our leveling at that point. Kind of miss those days, where it WAS a grind-fest, and not some 15-30min of letting others get the kill count for you to reap the rewards of the quest.

#23 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Sounds like how it used to be, when 2x EXP events were super rare, and they usually only lasted long weekends...my friends and I did most of our leveling at that point. Kind of miss those days, where it WAS a grind-fest, and not some 15-30min of letting others get the kill count for you to reap the rewards of the quest.

Indeed sir. I remember when I finally had the card um the one that makes zenny while you kill. I was super excited.. I remember the days when people were really nice. And really no botting at all. People would hang and chill. Sometimes a gm would pop in from time to time.

The events were really fun to.

#24 sagelliv

sagelliv

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Edited by sagelliv, 18 June 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#25 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

Noticed multiple bots on a lot of the Ant maps. While I agree the quest is tedious, annoying and the 2nd tier bugs aren't even normalized for classic STILL. It's disgusting to see said bots while nothing being done about them, ESPECIALLY the ones in town with Red Beret's already who wont be caught now that they have their item. Because I can hunt for maybe a hour or two just to earn barely earn a few hundred points a day, while this PoS can just bot it for 15 hours and collect it in little over 1-2 days?

So are you guys going to prevent this crap? Or is cheating fair game on this server now, if so I have a LOT of catching up to do.

>Implying I need that stupid hat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users