Disable / Modify DeadBranches in certain maps to avoid abuse - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Disable / Modify DeadBranches in certain maps to avoid abuse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Avngl

Avngl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

For the past 2 weeks, there have been players abusing dead branches on newbie maps.

I have made a topic of it, made a few support tickets and yet it is still ongoing. I know it might take some time to investigate, but then again, what if it's not the same player doing it, instead different people are doing it?

The maps that I know of are moc_fild12 (Just outside of Morocc) and cmd_fild01 ( Grove / Flora). Perhaps they are doing this to kill the bots, but players are dying too. You could say, use a teleport accessory or fly wing but that is if you have a lagless connection or high amount of health. I made a few new characters to take advantage of the janeway quest and now I am trying to transcend so I could once again level up using janeway but each time I pass these maps, I'd get one shotted by these monsters. It has been happening for quite some time so someone or some people are deliberately doing this.

I hope that dead branches would be disabled on certain maps or a perhaps a new system could be implemented where if the summoned monster is not attacked for x number of minutes, it would disappear.

#2 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

Personally, I think branched mobs should attack only the person who used the dead/bloody branches and people who attack it. That way, a novice could walk safely from Prontera to Izlude without any problems despite there being 100 db and 25 bb mobs on the map. Only problem with this idea is the monsters' use of AoE skills.

That, and the fact that none of our ideas will ever be implemented.

#3 nguxdarkangel82x

nguxdarkangel82x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

agreed any all ideas for anything for the game has all come to this forum to just die, its an excellent idea though, maps where a lot of low level players shouldn't be able to have a db/bb used on cause it just turns into a massacre and then have to wait for someone high enough level to wonder through wanting to farm there to be able to kill it.....its sad but its the way it goes I guess

#4 jogradz1225

jogradz1225

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMy Laptop is on an Ironing board ^_^
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

Why not like the Private servers... ban DB / BB on any field and just have a branch room where you can open the hell all of your branches and kill them as you see fit or kill you as you're a jack a$$ who want others to die because you think you so strong ^_^ 

#5 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

no such thing as abused of db

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.