Classic: Patch Notes for June 25 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch Notes for June 25

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hello there folks!

Jump Event will be departing: exp required to level will be returning to normal. This is being extended by one week. 

The June Lucky Box is departing this week is being extended by one week

Spotlight on Geffen is departing

This next spotlight is starting this week and will be covering the fields and dungeons near Juno. 

#2 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Is the Abyss Lake turn in quest leaving with this upcoming Wednesday's maintenance?

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Please leave the jump event a bit longer? It's been in just long enough to get people interested in playing and they are bringing their friends.

#4 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Please leave the jump event a bit longer? It's been in just long enough to get people interested in playing and they are bringing their friends.

+1. I finally managed to hook a good friend up with Classic last night, and this friend may or may not bring others.

As the Australian exam period is coming to an end this week, this was the first time I could bring him (and possibly others) into the game.

#5 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

+1 to this as well. I don't see why you are removing it... Summer breaks have officially just started for college students & people who work in schools. :)

#6 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

This.

Already said it and will say again, the jump event should stay forever on Classic.

#7 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

yea man leave the jump event, i see new ppl coming and they are bringing friends, not a legion but still a few.

and whats up with kvm ,1v1 tournaments, badges increase from terra..if theres no wiz theres no pvp..

1k horns can smell it... wheres the call an airstrike post oda..that map(goat map) has been raped by botters...

and why juno, there was alrdy a spotlight there isnt it?

#8 RClassic

RClassic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Classic duhh

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:25 AM

Please keep the jump event, it makes getting a high level trans that slightly much bearable. In fact please announce a set date when exactly this event will end so that people can plan their time and make chars they never thought of doing (damn that sage job change).

How about the entire July? :p_omg: I'm pretty sure many people will be VIPing their account(s) if they know this to be true.

#9 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Renewal is having their Jump Event extended to match up with the Anniversary quest, why can't we?

Also, are the drops for the books & plans correct on classic? Can they get raised to drop more? Don't know why it's so much harder here to get them.

#10 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

It isn't jut til jlvl 50?

----------------------

Obs 2: Remember to incress the magma golem respawn please.

---------------------

Obs 3: Remember do incress the earth deleter and ground deleter please.

Edited by Bucetation, 24 June 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#11 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Make the anniversary quest more easy, i dont have a 2 megingjard champion to kill those bay champion guys!!, i really want that red beret, idk what it does though

#12 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Yes, bring back Brony the donkey, please haha

#13 RClassic

RClassic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Classic duhh

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

awww, jump event just 1 week?

#14 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:48 AM

Hi? Do you have a minute to talk about this new patch? (ha!)

There are somethings we need to remember:

1° - Incress Lava - Golem Mobs and Reduce the Respawn Time.

2° - Incress Earth and Fly Deleter Mobs and Reduce The Respawn Time.

3° - Ask to GM's and CM's to walk around Goat Map because it will be full of -Bips-.

4° - Make the aniversary quest a little bit easier or give us more options to get the Red Beret. ( Please? ) It could be made by incressing the drop hate of the items to change for points i supose.

5° - Some NPC where we can delivery Junno Drops for Exp, something like Bronny if its possible.

Thanks!!!

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

Yeah about that anniversary quest, I'm not sure how I will ever sanely complete it on my hp or at all...

#16 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

account bound berets/mob drops is retarded

#17 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

Please make sure TT is included in the spotlight!

Make book hats vendable please!

Ban auto potters!

Let ninjas use valk armor? =p jk

Bring back skull caps (in a box or kafra shop)

Add more zeny! (maybe make the spotlight mobs drop some high value useless item(treasure boxes)) its stupid when I can VEND a red twin and not have it insta sell.

Can we have the izlude monster arena? and maybe update it to make it worth while?

Do sometihng about pvp like people have been asking... Also remove half the m,aps we can pvp on? and move payon up in the list so we can see it without haveing to scroll down :)

Edited by Tribe, 25 June 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#18 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

Do This:

* Moon Rabbit Hats in Kafra Shop

* Cooking Kits in Kafra Shop

* ban bots/cheaters

* change pvp npc in prontera

result: good job!

#19 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

I love how the anniversary quest pretty much consists of one/two shotting mobs with 1000hp or fighting against mobs with60k+ hp and that still hit pretty hard if you dont have reduction gear and/or assumptio. It gets old when every hard mob is ideally done by a hwiz/champ/ or at max range where they dont agro with a sniper... Do they really have to have insane hit/flee and hit like a truck?

If you are trying to attract new players, adding monsters that can only reliably be done with a pretty decently geared tank (ideally a rogue with high flee and high dr) because these mobs will drain any regular priests SP by the time a few low geared players kill them.

Or do you rather promote the growing bot trend, because endlessly killing low level monsters is Anti-fun and what leads people to the temptation of botting.

Edit* Also, please for the love of god

3° - Ask to GM's and CM's to walk around Goat Map because it will be full of bots

Thanks!!!

There are already a good amount, I have seen a LK bot (yes lk with hunting spear) sinx bots, and a few stalker bots there. Seriously, just show up to maps where a ton of items are thrown up on the market for 20min and you can pinpoint them easily.

Edited by Adamage, 25 June 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#20 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

I haven't tried doing the Anniversary Quest, but I'm unsure if I want to spend some of my time hunting ants on a High Priest... That doesn't sound like a 'Happy Anniversary, Ragnarok!" type of event. While this has motivated me to get a move-on on developing characters that make it more interesting to combat the tougher monsters, I am struggling to get some of my friends starting to play when they ask "So, what's happening in the world of RO?" and my answer is "hunt ant-hell bugs for a awesome head-gear".

I would also would like the GM's to seriously consider re-vamping the Lucky Box, or the next Lucky Box with better rewards. I have gotten Filir hats & Chicken hats and then Mystical Amp Scrolls. Unsure what to do with them atm. :/

Also: Is AL3 Dragon TI quests being removed this maint? I hope not!

Edited by Jenna, 25 June 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#21 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

The upgrade effect for the Anniversary Red Beret is: 20% blind resistance and enables you to use Graffiti! 

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

can you make the stuff tradeable, this is ass for support classes

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hi? Do you have a minute to talk about this new patch? (ha!)

There are somethings we need to remember:

1° - Incress Lava - Golem Mobs and Reduce the Respawn Time.

2° - Incress Earth and Fly Deleter Mobs and Reduce The Respawn Time.

3° - Ask to GM's and CM's to walk around Goat Map because it will be full of -Bips-.

4° - Make the aniversary quest a little bit easier or give us more options to get the Red Beret. ( Please? ) It could be made by incressing the drop hate of the items to change for points i supose.

5° - Some NPC where we can delivery Junno Drops for Exp, something like Bronny if its possible.

Thanks!!!

We masssively increased the drop rate for classic of contribution items except for the low level ants. The Scarabs had theirs increase by 600% and 1000%, The Elites had some of theirs increase by 3000%

account bound berets/mob drops is retarded

Unfortunately players were botting them to a very large degree. Although we were banning them we still needed to take steps. Would have liked to not have had to do that.

can you make the stuff tradeable, this is ass for support classes

Included in the drop rates increase was a daily 500 contribution point quest to kill Maya. She gained 2 spawns (with the normal very long respawn timers) for the event in the Mjolnir Mountains as well as a kill quest from Scullion a little girl found at the turn in camps.

#24 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

We masssively increased the drop rate for classic of contribution items except for the low level ants. The Scarabs had theirs increase by 600% and 1000%, The Elites had some of theirs increase by 3000%

Unfortunately players were botting them to a very large degree. Although we were banning them we still needed to take steps. Would have liked to not have had to do that.

Included in the drop rates increase was a daily 500 contribution point quest to kill Maya. She gained 2 spawns (with the normal very long respawn timers) for the event in the Mjolnir Mountains as well as a kill quest from Scullion a little girl found at the turn in camps.

Maya?! Lol?

I Didn't know about any Maya giving quest points... Soo, are you saying the only thing we need to have this Beret is information?

Where i can find this Maya? How Much time she needs to respawn? Are you talking about the Regular Maya or its a new one, made just for this quest?

Hmmm soo many questions.

#25 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Maya?! Lol?

I Didn't know about any Maya giving quest points... Soo, are you saying the only thing we need to have this Beret is information?

Where i can find this Maya? How Much time she needs to respawn? Are you talking about the Regular Maya or its a new one, made just for this quest?

Hmmm soo many questions.

Normal Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users