digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhilippines/Guam
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

Hello guys i just go back playing iRO after several months of playing other games and i want to start again but as a super novice. After doing some readings from older topics SN seems to be very hard to maintain both in leveling and pvping because of very low hp/sp and crappy new skills. I wanna try a hybrid one which focuses in supporting and little on the dmging side to be able to join on TI parties. My question guys if it is worth making one? I know this class is in hard mode in terms of difficulty but, is it rewarding in the end? Thx for honest opinion guys

(sry if im not good in english xD)

Edited by digz, 25 June 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#2 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

I'm playing a Full Support Extended Super Novice (lvl 101 currently) as main character.

Leveling up to 99 was not much of a problem thanks to Low TI and people being surprised that a SN can actually support that.

Mid TI hasn't been that friendly to me though, partly because lvl 101 parties are a rarity and because people apparntly now really only take the "absolute mininum" in terms of classes.

As such I really recommend having someone who is willing to level with you past the 100, otherwise you will most likely be stuck like me.

I do have to say that I really enjoy the ESN though, because it's unique, challanging if played without uber gear and leeching, kind of rare (in the top 5 of least played classes) and so versatile.

#3 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

Well, thank u very much sir. Agreed that lvling an eSN post 100 is a pain but im still hopeful that it will be worth the effort

Edited by digz, 25 June 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#4 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

i made a baby SN myself and i just hope i can leech from my parents lol xD

apparently with some nice gear i can hit 2,5k HP at max now (lv89, guess that'll make me at 5k HP at 99). so while i can leech, my SN is pretty bad at keeping himself alive, let alone others'

#5 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

Hi again, Im thinking of using +9HBP for its cool bonus set, is it worth putting kasa card on it or such a waste for its slot? im thinking this cuz i will make a autocast type SN with maxed bolt skills

#6 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

I wouldn't recommend an Autocast Super Novice.

The bolt skills have gotten very weak with renewal and even with max int you barely get any good damage output with them. Not to mention that you won't reach very high aspd and high matk at the same time without losing a great deal of strength/dex.

The only really -tested- viable builds right now are: Support Int/Vit/Dex/Luk, Tanker Vit/Agi/Int/Str and Melee with Agi/Str/Dex/Vit. A skill all those builds usually use is Frost Nova because it is very good for CC'ing monsters.

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

i think autocast should be regarded as a luxury addition to a melee XSN. it's bad enough we can't wear CD.

and btw, your original question was the end-game reward. as for me, i think having a super baby is both cool and cute. and that's all about it :3

#8 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Thx for the opinion guys ;3

#9 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Guys its me again, im a bit of confused about the soul link of super novice, it says u can wear any mace lvl4 weapon. Does it mean u can also wear a weapon even ur not in the level requirement (ex. wearing judgement staff even ur only lvl 96)

#10 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

I think you can bypass the class restriction but not the level restriction. Haven't tried it since my linker still doesn't have the skill xD

#11 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

Ok thx for the answer :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users